“Overpriced but gets the job done”
Review of Cookery Magic

Cookery Magic
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have done many cooking classes in different places and think I have a fair idea of what pricing should be. A day at the Blue Elephant restuarant with 5 dishes, cooking stations for all participants, take home aprons, bottled water, spices etc etc and you expect to pay around US$90 - US$100. But not for a backyard job where we crowded around one burner, the operator looked like she had just got out of bed and wild cats running around everywhere (including the work spaces). Even so, the food tasted good and there were a few tips that will be useful in the future!

4  Thank AlwaysTravellingJuli

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Ruqxana was wonderful. We learnt a lot about all the ingredients and how to use them. First time I have seen fresh tumeric. There was 6 of us for the class which was a comfortable number. We got the train and the bus which was easy with her instructions.

3  Thank missOrganized
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was impressed from the beginning with Ruqxana's super quick replies to my email booking. My boyfriend and I did the Malay cooking class together with another couple. Ruqxana was an excellent teacher, very easy going and made me feel very comfortable and welcome into her home. We both learnt valuable hints and tips for cooking Malay cuisine that we will remember forever. We caught a taxi from the city and it was only S$15.00.

2  Thank aimeejane21
Reviewed November 24, 2012

On the day I did the class, there was a small group of 8 people. We attended the home of the teacher (I can't remember how to spell her name, so I'll just call her the teacher), and were given an overview of what we'd be cooking. We then split into groups of two (this was fine as we were all there as couples) and worked our way through cooking a number of dishes.

I found the class was well run, with the teacher showing us how to do things and talking about the ingredients, then we'd move off to our own cooking station and cook it ourselves. The location is about $15 in a cab from the CBD.

The class was very laid back and fun and I'd recommend it if travelling to Singapore.

1  Thank Brizzz
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Come to Cookery Magic for excellent lessons in home cooking with Ruqxana! Learn the beautiful simplicity of regional cooking in her own home! I took the introduction to Malay cooking for S$80 and it was a 2-3 hour course and we prepared 4-5 different dishes. Ruqxana's methods are truly great and certainly worth a visit for anybody more interested in Malay cuisine. Check their website for their calendar as they do offer different classes on different days.

1  Thank Kyle K