“:(”

BLooiE's Roadhouse
Ranked #7,586 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Native American, Bar
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Expensive and not brilliant food, beers expensive too for this out of the way resturant.Situated next to the Science park in Singapore, it kind of has the monopoly in the area. I wouldn't go back again, as two bus stops away ther are some great places to eat which are a lot more cost effective.

There are newer reviews for BLooiE's Roadhouse

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The last few reviews have been less than stellar but I kinda like this restaurant and here's why:

1. Dog-friendly. This is a dog-friendly place. I was not aware of this till my wife brought my two pups there. The staff was great to my pups, so as far as service is concerned - I love it! There is no special menu for the pooches though, so maybe this can be improved. There are not many places in Singapore where you can just walk in with your dogs and expect to be served. This is one of them and dog-lovers should really take note.
2. Wheelchair-friendly. I always look out for wheelchair friendly places. Apart from the kerb alongside the road (where one can temporarily "stall" their vehicle, enjoy a drink while the engine "cools"), the restaurant is quite wheel-chair friendly.
3. Quiet. This is a big restaurant, and it is seldom, maybe never packed. Singapore is really crowded now and if you want some breathing space, look no further. I do not see why having few customers is a problem for the diners. If the restaurant owner is not panicking...
4. Out-door area. The al fresco area is great with a large pond, nice greenery. You can observe your "stalled" vehicles while eating.

Some people, I really don't understand the lack of love for this nice, quiet, dog-loving restaurant. This is the Science Park outlet that I am reviewing.

To the nice pretty lady looking after my pups while my wife was in the loo - Many thanks!

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Very little to recommend it. Way too expensive. Almost empty any time I've seen it. Toilet really bad (small and smelly).
Guys, you have a large catchment area with almost no competition. Could there be another way to go instead of trying to screw every customer out of every last dollar, and instead of cutting every corner to minimize outgoings? How long can you last with what must be very little repeat business?
Or do you know all this, not care and just want to keep this vulgar, disrespectful business model regardless?

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Visited the outlet in Siglap. For a place like this, they are very expensive! Beer alone cost us $30 a jug. Place was tiny. Toilet was dirty and disgusting and it is was unisex. Considering that it is situated in the middle of nowhere, so so atmosphere and unattractive pricing, don't think we will return.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I was at Blooie's Roadhouse on a Thursday evening - I was staying on Campus at NUS, and it's nearby. Being nearby is about the best thing it had going for it.

At one point, I was 33% of the clientèle inside the cavernous restaurant. That became 20% for a while - but the other guests didn't stay long. I guess it has the feel of an overgrown sports bar. It's not bad, or wouldn't be if there was any kind of buzz.

There seemed to be about as many staff as diners, but I'd put service in the 'adequate' category.

The food was quite indifferent. The beer was ok - but super expensive (I ordered before the end of Happy Hour (8pm) but that seemed to make no difference). A modest meal with one beer came to $51.

I was around NUS for a couple more weeks. I didn't go back to Blooies. I don't plan to, next time I visit.