“Excellent food @ reasonable price at Turf city branch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Korean, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Singapore
“Excellent food @ reasonable price at Turf city branch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I came across this restaurant when i wanted to find out what are the changes to turf city. I was attracted to western eating places next door cos it was very cosy & uniquely designed. I almost missed out on this yummy korean restaurant because it's so spacious & quiet , I thought it's for private functions. Luckily they display their menu outside & I took a 2nd look. My son's favourite bugogli chicken is in the menu and the price is reasonable, though not on the lower end but not on high end too. The 1st time, my family ordered bugogli beef, chicken & half ginseng chicken soup. The food is of good standard though we were really puzzled by the quietness of the place. Can the food be good? Where are the customers? What blew us away was the sheer authenticity of the cuisine. It was very close to what we have tasted in seoul. The ginseng chicken was tender & the glutinous rice nicely done. The soup was rich & tasty. Then the little add ons. the bugogli comes with a pumpkin rice. it was served in a stone pot with pumpkin, dates steam together with the rice. My husband love it! The side dishes were not fanciful but are tasty. My girl loved the salad. I observed that the weekday bbq buffet for lunch is good value for money @ $19.90. Therefore I went a few weeks later. It didn't disappoint! It came with free flow of pancake, a variety of meat for bbq, cooked dishes, and freeflow of ice cream. The ice cream was of superb quality. My fav is the green tea & strawberry with lovely strawberry bits. I couldn't remembered much as I have company, I only remembered we were so full, eat until couldn't move, really good value! I was craving for the ginseng chicken, so I returned with my family & found that they have a 1st year anniversary promotion. I returned a few days with my son for the army stew promo set. It comes with pancake, side dishes, stir fried rice & free flow of ice tea at $39.90++ for 2. I really missed this dish I tried in seoul, cos so far the army stew i tried here are expensive or stingy in serving portion & just not nice! Needless to say, the army stew though not huge in serving but it's enough for a teenager boy & a greedy mother! They used 2 type of tasty sausages with rice cake, pork, mixed vege, teng hoon, salted soyabean. After we finished the stew, they emptied the hot pot and the lady boss Ms Minjin Son came to stir fry the steam rice, condiments & seaweed, exactly the korean way we experienced in seoul! My son enjoyed the food & remarked it's awesome! okay, the fried rice is only 1 bowl, quite small in serving I would say but we were both very full after the stew so the portion was enough & not wasteful to us. For the price we paid, I would say it's a fair portion, not generous but enough & with the great quality of the dishes, it's good value for money to me. Of course, the free parking at turf city is a plus point. I will be back!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Janet069

“Average Koeran food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I often passed by Hansang Korean Restaurant at Novena Square 2, and decided to give it a try. Truth be knownst, other than the Korean BBQ lunch I had at Awon Korean Restaurant (Excelsior Hotel) years ago - which was supposedly a very authentic Korean restaurant, I seldom take Korean food in Singapore.

Hence, I decided it was time for another Korean meal in Singapore. The traditional looking Hansang Restaurant is resplendent in shades of white and beige, light wood furniture and a cosy setting

Chicken Bibimbap came - served with a fried egg - the ones I ate in Korea came with raw / semi-raw egg which I could mix easily into the bowl of rice and vegetables. I loved the spicy Kimchi taste and large beansprouts of Bibimbap (hot stone bowl with rice and assortment of vegetables) but for the one served here, I did not get much Kimchi overture, so I had to add them from the array of side dishes. The overall combination when mixed together, still tasted pretty good.

Then the Korean Ginseng Chicken - very tender chicken flesh that was mentingly soft, and tiny grains of glutinuous rice reckoned into a hot Ginseng brew. The taste was very bland - we did not know if it was because it was meant to be so, or if our tastebuds were conditioned to enjoy the bolder Ginseng flavor in Chinese Ginseng brew.

For more detailed information and photos, do feel free to visit:

• Visited August 2013
Darwin, Australia
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Given that this was my first time sampling Korean Food, it was awesome. The service and staff were friendly, well worth the visit. We ate at the restaurant in Sinaran Dr, Square 2 Would definately go back againrecommend

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kezza361
“Cool Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Food was good. I think it was very tasty. Although they missed our ordered Cola, but we got complentary water ;-). Beside that it was okey, but a bit expensive.

Singapore
“Average korean food @ above average prices @ Turf City branch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Turf City was revamped so we went to celebrate my mum's birthday there. After looking around, the family decided on Korean food @ Hansang restaurant 'outside' Giant supermart. There's a large screen showing Korean pop video visible to diners at the entrance of restaurant but not to diners seated after the buffet bar.
Half the family (teenagers) had buffet [lunch] and the others chose ala carte meal menu. The teenagers were hungry so were happy with the buffet quantity and not so concern with food quality.
Ala carte meals came with side dishes but they were no re-filled like other korean restaurants. Service not efficient - had to spend time trying to catch the attention of service personnel.
The grilled mackerel, unagi (eel) and cold noodles were good. We ordered what we thought was Ginseng Chicken but used chicken drumsticks, probably we ordered half-chicken. This was below par for Korean Ginseng dish.
We are unlikely to come back again.

• Visited October 2013