“Average Koeran food”

Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I often passed by Hansang Korean Restaurant at Novena Square 2, and decided to give it a try. Truth be knownst, other than the Korean BBQ lunch I had at Awon Korean Restaurant (Excelsior Hotel) years ago - which was supposedly a very authentic Korean restaurant, I seldom take Korean food in Singapore.

Hence, I decided it was time for another Korean meal in Singapore. The traditional looking Hansang Restaurant is resplendent in shades of white and beige, light wood furniture and a cosy setting

Chicken Bibimbap came - served with a fried egg - the ones I ate in Korea came with raw / semi-raw egg which I could mix easily into the bowl of rice and vegetables. I loved the spicy Kimchi taste and large beansprouts of Bibimbap (hot stone bowl with rice and assortment of vegetables) but for the one served here, I did not get much Kimchi overture, so I had to add them from the array of side dishes. The overall combination when mixed together, still tasted pretty good.

Then the Korean Ginseng Chicken - very tender chicken flesh that was mentingly soft, and tiny grains of glutinuous rice reckoned into a hot Ginseng brew. The taste was very bland - we did not know if it was because it was meant to be so, or if our tastebuds were conditioned to enjoy the bolder Ginseng flavor in Chinese Ginseng brew.

For more detailed information and photos, do feel free to visit:

There are newer reviews for Hansang Korean Family Restaurant

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Given that this was my first time sampling Korean Food, it was awesome. The service and staff were friendly, well worth the visit. We ate at the restaurant in Sinaran Dr, Square 2 Would definately go back againrecommend

1  Thank Kezza361
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Food was good. I think it was very tasty. Although they missed our ordered Cola, but we got complentary water ;-). Beside that it was okey, but a bit expensive.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Turf City was revamped so we went to celebrate my mum's birthday there. After looking around, the family decided on Korean food @ Hansang restaurant 'outside' Giant supermart. There's a large screen showing Korean pop video visible to diners at the entrance of restaurant but not to diners seated after the buffet bar.
Half the family (teenagers) had buffet [lunch] and the others chose ala carte meal menu. The teenagers were hungry so were happy with the buffet quantity and not so concern with food quality.
Ala carte meals came with side dishes but they were no re-filled like other korean restaurants. Service not efficient - had to spend time trying to catch the attention of service personnel.
The grilled mackerel, unagi (eel) and cold noodles were good. We ordered what we thought was Ginseng Chicken but used chicken drumsticks, probably we ordered half-chicken. This was below par for Korean Ginseng dish.
We are unlikely to come back again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This review is for the Turf City outlet.

We had walked past this outlet many time en route to Giant supermarket. It always looked empty and forlorn, and we often wondered why. The restaurant however looked intriguing, spacious and with a pleasant setting. So we ventured in one night for dinner.

We were quite disappointed. The buffet was quite sparse with little to choose from. The glossy ala carte menu looked promising so we opted for that. The food can only be described as mediocre and overpriced. Overall, the price per pax came to over $30, and that was for a pretty simple meal without seafood or expensive cuts. Korean food in Singapore is often overpriced, and this outlet reflects exactly that.

The service was pleasant though somewhat grudging. Nothing in our dining experience would encourage us to make a return visit.

1  Thank Muluvisitor