“Good food - expensive soft drinks !”

Spizza (Bukit Timah)
Ranked #1,418 of 11,496 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Food variety is limited to Pizzas, Pasta and some salads.
The quality of the food is good however if you order side dishes like bruschetta & garlic bread, you will find the starters are not that good.
Soft drinks at S$ 4.80 are a rip off.
Kids menu offering is good.
Pizzas are good. Caesar Salad is good.
Ok for limiting yourself to just pizzas and pasta - but can be expensive if you include soft drinks, and starters !
Fresh parmesan cheese for sprinkling on your pasts is charged at S$ 1 extra - per helping... Ouch !

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very Disappointing. This is NOT a good value for money restaurant. We just had a rocket salad for S$11 intending to share but the portion size was very small. This would be the normal restaurant equivalent of a side salad for one and was too expensive for this informal place.  We also ordered soup for S$7, and were served about a cup. The pizza was only OK: thin cracker like crust with bland sauce. The Bukit Timah store is around the corner from our house. But sad to say, frozen pizza is better. Service was efficient, though without the expected hospitality basics of a welcome on arrival and thank you on leaving.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

All I wanted was food and a glass of wine, after a long day on a Saturday. It was around
7.30 p.m. and they were packed and there was a short queue. I realised the only space left were the bar tables which was fine as I was alone (AND HUNGRY!). The people in front of me got seated quickly and i was served by the manager in black with a lovely lime green tie. Seated, served by a waiter, who tried to make me get a whole bottle of wine, but i settled for a glass.

Let me cut to the chase. Im a stickler for service and this is what i observed. The manager Nagen has his eyes on the entrance all the time. Even if he's in the kitchen, he runs to the front to greet the customers. His waiters clean tables quickly, and its all just very efficient. They may not be smiling all the time but they are not sulking either. I can sense the 'energy' of the place, they are working and working FOR the customer. They are working to make sure things move and move fast.

I called Nagen later and said "you look like a mafia gangster" and his eyes nearly popped out! -- i also said quickly .. "I mean that in a nice way" and that put his eyes back into their sockets as he smiled and said, "attitude is really important" and its all about serving our customers.

The only thing that made me wonder a bit, I had a pizza and a glass of red wine and it came to S$42.00 seemed a bit steep for one person. The reason I am making the overall rating at Average is because cost was a bit steep and I whilst they were efficient and helpful, a little smile would have helped. The smiled when i talked to them and complimented them, but in the business they forgot to smile. No matter how busy you are, its always possible to smile.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

After searching endlessly online to find a good pizza place in Singapore we decided to go to the nearest place to where we live. This place is part of a small chain and the food is pretty good. The pizzas are $17 for a medium (10") and $23 for a large (12"). Wine is expensive though and because of the new MRT constructions the restaurant is beside a bit of a building site. However I think the pizzas are good - thin crust and good parma ham etc So far this is the best pizza we have had in Singapore (although we have only been here 3 months and will keep looking...) Clientele was made up of small groups/couples/families and had a friendly atmosphere - you could pay a lot more for a lot worse in Singapore. By the way the pizzas are a lot better in reality than they look on the restaurants website.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

a cozy establishment in bukit timah, within walking distance from newton mrt station. i like the ambience, nice and cozy, great for family too. there is an outside and indoor dining.

food is quite okay. the pizza is made fresh, I think i made the wrong choice to get this spinach n mushroom pizza. the mixture of spinach n these mushrooms ( i am not sure what mushrooms) smell weird. otherwise pizza dough is great. Tried some alfredo pasta and I like better than the spinach pizza as the pasta is al-dente and the sauce is not too rich.

I would also like to comment that service is quick and attentive. I would presonally give establishment a second chance on the pizza, just not that spinach mushroom variety.