“Excellent breakfast”
Review of Oscar's

Ranked #446 of 11,642 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: When it comes to dining, the Conrad Centennial Hotel does not disappoint with its wide array of choices. One of the most popular is Oscar’s Café & Terrace, conveniently located at the lobby level of the hotel.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Top quality food and excellent choice for buffet breakfast. Try the freshly prepared waffles with ice cream and a variety of toppings.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Was there for breakfast, a moderate selection of western and chinese cuisine. They had congee as well.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Good quality and variety of food with friendly wait staff. Prices are a bit on the high side. No reservations needed when I was there.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

At 6pm when we arrived to eat, yes the restaurant was quite empty, but when travelling with a 7 month old this is what we needed. We were staying at the hotel, so did call to book a table and let the staff know we would be bringing an infant.

On our arrival, they had a high chair already setup with plastic tableware - they couldn't do enough to assure us and help us in anyway. Including allowing us to order food for our daughter first before we had a chance to sit down and read the menu.

We did order A La Carte, despite there being a wonderful buffet, which we would have had if we weren't in a bit of a rush. We chose from the Singapore section of the menu, which was cooked to order from the Noodle Section; it was hot, fresh and tasty.

The staff were attentive, friendly, personable and sociable - which made us enjoy the meal even more. A relaxed yet dining atmosphere is hard to pull off and I do think the staff in Oscars have got the balance right.

I would definitely dine in Oscars again if we ever get to return to Singapore.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I brought my mum and sis as a lunch treat, but an incident turned our lunch sour.

The food itself was decent, with some 'hits' such as the Caesar salad, Roasted Pork Knuckle and Chocolate Royal, but most of the fare was average, e.g. crayfish meat was tough, salmon was over- and then under-cooked. I read about the Wagyu sliders but they were not available during lunch, so do take note. Service itself was mediocre; my stick is with their not clearing our plates which meant we either had to clear them ourselves or stack them nice, which is not expected for a hotel of its purported statue.

The incident which made this visit a bad one, especially for my sister, was when we discovered remnants in her tea pot. When we asked the waitress about this, she just took it away and got a male colleague to bring a fresh pot. When we asked the waiter, he informed us that it was ginger (it did not look or smell like ginger though) from its previous use, and apologised for this. My sister felt sick at the thought that it had been used in a previous serving, and possibly contained soap/detergent, assuming it was washed before its current use.

The waiter was apologetic and gave us a 15% discount off our total bill. Which was a kind gesture, but cannot detract from the disgust we felt at such a basic and unhygienic mistake.

For a restaurant in a hotel, this is unacceptable. For this reason, I will not recommend this hotel. More importantly, I'm bringing this to everyone's attention so that they don't have to go through the same experience as my sis did. Hopefully, it is a one-off; if it is not, please report it here so other patrons will know.

There are so many better places to eat at. Gonna give this one a miss, cos it couldn't get the simple basics right.

1  Thank Nic-NR