“Atrocious Breakfast!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of eM By the River - CLOSED

eM By the River
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: The Quays
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Atrocious Breakfast!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I do not know what happen to eM but seriously the breakfast is abysmal these days. I used to go there pretty often because I like the ambience, the croissant; the staff was chirpy and a pleasure to interact with. Just about an hour ago, I had my breakfast there. Honestly, you should go there and try the croissant now. If you do not find it disgusting, I salute you. It used to be fluffy and buttery and hot. Now? Its dry, tough, cold and STALE. The hot chocolate is cloyingly, overly sweet. The ratio felt like 4 parts milk, 5 parts sugar, 1 part cocoa. The omelette with cheese arrived overcooked. It was hard and lumpy. The worst part is the staff's attitude. Everybody was moody and made us felt like it was an offense to go there in the morning because we were making them walk more and do more work. Even the bill took ages to arrive. There wasn't even that many people (like 20%). I am trying to be very diplomatic here but if this goes on, I think very soon, everyone would come to know of how terrible this place is!

• Visited January 2014

London
“Horrid service, won't be back”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Disappointed with the service at eM. As vegetarians we didn't expect to find that many items on the menu but thought that the staff might discuss what would be suitable and perhaps even arrange something that we could eat. Both staff members we spoke to were rude and unhelpful, telling us the place wasn't vegetarian friendly. One of them even told us that this was just a bar, not a cafe or restaurant... Absurd. As I am writing this review I am about to head off without ordering and we will have our New Year's brunch elsewhere.

North East England
“Chilled place for drinks or food”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I come back to this place every time I am in Singapore - great chilled out bar with inside and outside seating, free wifi, great food and great cocktails - love it :)

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Antoinette78
Culemborg, The Netherlands
“Breakfast&beer”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The location under trees, near the river makes this restaurant my favourite place for breakfast in Singapore. The menu is a little limited, but the excellent nespresso coffee is irresistable.
In the evenings the carlsberg draft beer is well presented.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank sierratravel
Adelaide
“What cocktails?”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice little spot but terrible cocktails in fact I think there was little alcohol in the two I drank. As I had walked for hours I gulped the first iced marguerita and I ordered another thinking I had gulped it down so missed the tequila, triple sec ... So I thought try the 8$ special .. that was bad ... 32 dollars for ice and 8$ for sop .... More the fool I !!! If u go there make sure u prepare for the Mosquitos.

Visited October 2013