“The most expensive sashimi and miso soup I have eaten on 5 continents”
Review of Shiraishi

Shiraishi
Ranked #1,341 of 10,933 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Traditional Japanese cuisine created by Chef Shiraishi Shinji. One private tatami room (seats 6)
Melbourne, Australia
“The most expensive sashimi and miso soup I have eaten on 5 continents”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The most expesive sashimi and Miso soup I have ever eaten. It was also a very small serve . I have eaten Japanese food in 9 countries. Including other restaurants in Singapore

• Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
“One of best Japanese restaurant for business/sepcial occasion”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was invited from our corporate executive officer to have dinner here. As a Japanese expat, I would usually be very picky on the standard of food for Japanese food, but they have not let me down on the level of cuisine they offered, though it comes with high price tag. I would recommend here for special occasions including business dinners, anniversaries.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank TokyoTrotter
“The best Japanese restaurant in Singapore”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Eating at Shiraishi is always a treat. Chef Shiraishi always recommend the best seasonal food from Japan. The sashimi and sushi are always excellent. We had the Sakura Ebi tempura which is the seasonal Cherry Blossom scrimps. Very delicious. We will be going again next week when the Japanese oysters are in season.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of the best.”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

One of the best.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New Jersey
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We had a great meal! My husband, who grew up in Japan and is very hard to please with sushi, said this is one of the best places he's been to and even went back a second time after I left Singapore. It is pricey, but really good sushi tends to be expensive. We sat at the sushi bar and the chefs were so nice and friendly. We had an amazing time and will make this one of our regular places when we move to Singapore this summer.