“It just sucks”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“It just sucks”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Unless you're that hungry & you can't really find any other place to buy food (which I doubt will ever be the case in Singapore), don't go here! The food is tasteless. Service is minimalist. Even the tea sucks. Price is not that cheap either.

1 Thank dancingpiggy99

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“Glad for its existence”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Again, this is down memory lane in a classier way. Still, the coffee with buttered egg jam toast the best. And don't forget the half boiled eggs with pepper and light soya sauce!

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A simple traditional place for a basic but satisfying breakfast..”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have only been to the original shop on Killiney Road which is what this profile is for so I have no idea why a whole list of people are reviewing on here for the branches elsewhere?

Anyway, for something like this my opinion is why go anywhere else but the original coloniel shop front in the heart of Singapore. I grew up in Malaysia but been living overseas for over 15 years and for me it's the memory of my childhood that brought me back here... On that front it's traditional in settings and menu traditional as well.. The coffee is authentic served in the same way my grandfather used to have his at the coffee shop with a deep saucer where my grandfather used to pour a little of his coffee in there o I can slurp from it :) of course I didn't do it here...

The basic bread toast was lightly toasted and spread with butter and kaya (google it if you don't know what it is). The only thing I did not like is that you left the butter in a small cube rather then evenly spread like the kaya.

The soft boil egg.. Is simple but that's what it's ment to be.. At 35 I still can't get soft boil eggs perfectly the way I like it.. They I'd it here.. I was delighted?

All in all, good place and non pretentious.. If anyone want service and experience, go dine at a fancy restaurant as they are not trying to be that here..

Cost it wasn't too bad .. Yes wasn't cheap $5 for what i ordered but if you are so stress about this for implement things, make them at home?

They have a comfortable environment with people serving so that's expected.. It is a business father all..

• Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“never go to this place”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Terrible experience, I have to recognize that the staff is friendly, but the food you get for what you pay is a total rip off.

I ordered Singapore noodles and my girl something else, 2 damn shrimps 2 damn little squid crap and maybe 30c bag of cheap noodles with some sauce, not bad for the sauce. and the price is more than 8 dollars.

then they dare you clean when we are eating, I don't consider that as a bad habit, but the chemical smells horribly hideous that ruins your appetite.

the service is very weird, it is self service, but there are plenty staff to deliver to the table which they don't, the only thing they deliver is main course. Man even MacDonalds provide better service and they don't have to move a finger

NEVER AGAIN!

• Visited May 2013
Singapore
“overrated”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Their typical set, with two slices of Kaya toast, half boiled egg, and coffee is so-called better than most of the coffee shops around Singapore.

But sorry to say this, but i think the food there are overrated and definitely overpriced .. same goes to their nasi lemak, mee siam and so on ..

for me, i wont bother to go there again.

• Visited April 2013