“Where the locals dine, I dine!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, Asian, Singaporean, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manila, Philippines
“Where the locals dine, I dine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Whenever I travel, I make sure to find where the locals dine. They must be really good besides being reasonable. I went back to Killiney Kopitiam several times for their kotong laksa. It's very rich and sumptuous. They made use of chicken and hard boiled egg, no prawns. I even bought their laksa paste so that I can share them with my family back home. Their coffee, soft boiled eggs and thick kaya toast are indeed their national breakfast. Very affordable and typical kopitiam. I make sure I take a light breakfast in the hotel and looks for comfort food in Killiney Kopitiam in the day. When you get to try it once, am sure you'll come back for more.

• Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“"Simple, Steaightforward, Delicious meal spot with awesome coffee"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Killiney Kopitiam is an outstandingly down to earth place with simple, pleasurable local delights. The coffee they serve here is awesome. A must try for any visitor to Singapore to get a taste of what our local food use to taste like in the 1960s era. Simple, Straightforward and Delicious! Just go for it!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Chicken curry is a must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The malay style chicken curry and roti prata is unbelievably good! Best I've had in Malaysia or Singapore. The place is just a 3-4 minutes walk from Somerset MRT on Orchard Rd, everyone who likes curries or malay food should try this place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pasig, Rizal, Philippines
“A Hole in the Wall Coffee Shop but it ROCKS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

It's my 2nd time in Singapore and I passed this coffee shop many times and ignored it. I realized it was a mistake not giving it a try! Their coffee is way way way better than Starbucks and other posh coffee shop. I forgot to mention that it is also very very very CHEAP. Their Kaya Toast with Butter is a perfect match with their coffee. Before trying it out, we had a eaten a feast in a posh Korean place but didn't mind that I was full cause it was so appetizing that I need to try it again and again. Never miss a chance to try it out. TWO THUMBS UP!!! :)

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Locals' Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Must try breakfast for S$ 3.00. A 2 soft boiled egg + Toast with Kaya + Coffee or Tea.

It was a delightful experience though needs your patience because of the long que whatsoever it was a worth waiting.

I had coffee which is so unique better than Starbucks or famous coffee chain I guess it has a combination of fresh coffe and a bit of cacao beans,truly heaven. A soft boiled eggs, cracked it put soy sauce, salt and pepper...yumyum + 2 pieces of Kaya Toast.

• Visited August 2011