“One of the better upmarket Italian restaurants in Singapore.”
Review of Otto Ristorante

Otto Ristorante
Ranked #216 of 11,075 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Ottos is a cosy and modern restaurant situated in the old traffic police headquarters near china town

Service is excellent. One on the owners is the "head waiter". Very friendly and professional. Knows everything about the food and wine - a rarity. He's very passionate about his restaurant which is reflected through out. The italian chef and part owner also made an appearance to enquire about our dinner. Nice touch.

There are a wide variety of dishes to choose from. We had Parma Ham and tuna carpaccio to start. Steak, Atlantic cod and lobster pasta for main and a fruit tart and chocolate cake for dessert. All were excellent. You won't go wanting!

Of course this quality comes at a price. Our meal was $420 for 3 including a $120 bottle of wine.

One of my favorite restaurants in Singapore. Well definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Otto Ristorante

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Been twice to this lovely Italian restaurant. The food and ambience is really good. However, my biggest compliment must go to the wonderful staffs at this restaurant. They are knowledgeable, patience and helpful on both my visits. I will definitely return to this restaurant again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

You know when you go somewhere and within 5 minutes you can relax because you've picked a winner.......

From a handshake and a warm welcome from Paolo to a delicious glass of Limoncello after the meal, this was an excellent experience. Our enthusiastic and highly knowledgeable sommelier directed us to some top quality wines at reasonable prices. We all chose the degustation or gourmet menus and the food was just sensational.

A great ambience, very good service and interesting location mean that Otto's has become one of my new favourite restaurants in Singapore.

Thanks for a brilliant night!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I read reviews here and decided to go to OTTO. That was not good experience at all. Unfortunately, even huge portions was not cover flavorless and poor presentation of dishes.

To begin with setting:very cold and simple not enough space on the table (but this is norm for Singapore). For a starter a wondered to have Capresse with buffalo mocarella, tomatoes, and fresh leaves of basil. But this ITALIAN restaurant even doesn't have basil! So instead serve me Capresse-I was given huge two pieces mocarella with pharma ham on the top and small cherry tomatoes on the side....what was that is still mystery for me.(Personally spend in Italy for 5 years-Ive never experienced something the same) I have honestly say that tomatoes and chess were very fresh and pleasured to eat(ham was so/so). But ordered wine Pinot Grigio remaind was disgusting, like it was bought in Chana town!!!

The culmination was my main course: steamed garupa fish (this is nit Italian fish at all!!!) It was server simply by putting on deep plate with(as they sure) wine sauce. I try a bit and the taste was TOTALLY flavorless!!! I wondered to put some salt or black paper but it was not on the table!!!

Overall it was my first experience in Italian cousin which disappointed me a lot. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for fine dining in beautiful dress but for those how get bored with traditional cousin in Singapore it is OKla)

2  Thank suhina
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Dinner at Otto was an exceptional experience. Delicious food, great service. Everything we ordered was par excellent! Arugula salad had the freshest of flown in Italian cherry tomatoes. Had the cod wrapped in Parma ham which was perfectly cooked. Dessert was the warm chocolate cake with Haitian ice cream. Brilliant. Not too sweet and rich enough. Definitely a must-return place.