“good food good taste”

Ranked #1,530 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little India
Reviewed March 11, 2014

the one i went was the race course area. The lamb biriyani was great .we had number of dishes the prawn masala, mutton masala, chichen curry with garlic nun bread was also great..the service was great too.nice ambience. Pricing a bit high ,depends on what you choose.Overall food was good. Keep it up .

There are newer reviews for Sakunthala's Food Palace

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The black pepper mutton is excellent. Chep underrated place with good stuff to eat inhouse or to take away. Very close to mustafa center, so ideal for bringing home some indian food after shopping

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Since I'm staying very near Chinatown I wanted some thing different for lunch so took a trip uptown to walk around a bit and get some good Indian food. Most of the stalls on Dunlop Street look the same, but the menu at Sakunthala's looked good, the main restaurant had great reviews and a friendly hostess came out to greet me. The restaurant was also mostly full, despite it being nearly 2pm so took that as a good sign.

It wasn't. I had a simple order of Chicken Masala, yellow rice and a diet coke. What I got was an enormous plate of yellow rice (a platter, really) that I'm not sure four people could finish (with a whole egg in the middle), and a very small dish (bread plate size) of about 6 small pieces of chicken in a dark brown sauce - not a Masala sauce.

Since this was only lunch thought I would try it anyway. The chicken was mostly bones and bone pieces, it was cold and also contained a lot of gristle. Ugh.

I asked the waiter to replace it with what I ordered but he said it was 'fine'. I said it was cold and he again said it was fine and that it was late for lunch. I asked for the bill and it said chicken biryani, with two orders of bread (instead of the rice) which is not what I ordered. Still could not get them to correct the bill.

I paid and left, had a snack a short time later at a much better restaurant not too far away. Overall, very disappointing. Too many other places to eat in that area to put up with cold food, bad food, and not great service.

Note: I was chatting with the owner of another restaurant and he pointed out that since it was late in the day, I likely got whatever was left in the bottom of the vat. Good point... Definitely won't go back there.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Been to this restaurant a couple times and have tried the famous Fish Head curry.Served on a traditional Banana Leaf was very good service, quick and easy to order. Great cleanliness inside and the price is just right to suit a reasonable budget for the quality and cuisine. This restaurant is very much for those who are familiar with Indian food. Perfect to satisfy your hunger and cravings. Order, eat and Go I would not visit for a special occasion.

1  Thank lifeoffood
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Must go and try this awesome fish head curry. The fish was super tender and the curry was just perfect with all the ingredients mixed together. You do not even need to worry if it is spicy because it is not. Yet u will never get enough of it!! So dont forget to try!! It cost SGD24 for a huge pot or an even bigger one for SGD30. Standard rice is Sgd2 per person.

1  Thank Sumaiyah I