“Excellent Fish head curry”

Sakunthala's Food Palace
Ranked #1,057 of 10,497 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Little India
“Excellent Fish head curry”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Must go and try this awesome fish head curry. The fish was super tender and the curry was just perfect with all the ingredients mixed together. You do not even need to worry if it is spicy because it is not. Yet u will never get enough of it!! So dont forget to try!! It cost SGD24 for a huge pot or an even bigger one for SGD30. Standard rice is Sgd2 per person.

1 Thank Sumaiyah I

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
“Nice Curry Fish Head”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had been to the restaurant twice, once with the coupon to try out the curry fish head at discounted price, another time is the team dinner and only then i know they are Halal.

Curry fish head tasted quite good for my 1st time. My 2nd time experience we had their Indian food like curry, Gobi, naan, tandoori chicken, etc. Food tasted good for me as Chinese, I especially love the Gobi except for some certain items like one of the curry chicken. They use the tandoori chicken and added on the curry so it is kind of having another round of the same food. However, my Indian colleagues they don't really feel good. 1st they said it is not authentic north Indian cuisines anymore, it actually blended into local so it has more local taste.

• Visited June 2013
“Nice Indian Food”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Service was good. We made appointment to dine in this restaurant for 6 persons, and my hubby and I reached We went in first and waited quite long for our friends but the staffs did not show any sign of impatience, unlike staffs of some other restaurants. The staffs even joked with us and made us feel comfortable.

Food wise was nice especially the curry fish head. We had also ordered their bryani rice and Naans, all were very yummy and the price were also reasonable for the portion they served. The bryani and curry fish head make me feel like going back again to try. The deep fried lady finger is also another nice dish which one can eat as finger food.

Overall experience was good and hope they keep it up with the good service and nice food.

Only one thing, parking is hard to find but you can park at the multi carpark behind.

• Visited September 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Pepper mutton fry!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

If there's one thing u shouldn't miss at this restaurant it's definitely Mutton pepper fry. It's the best. There r many other restaurants serving this particular dish but none tastes better sakunthala. I travel to singapore frequently and I make sure I visit sakunthala at least once. Other than mutton pepper fry, u should also try the fish thali. That's also very nice.

• Visited September 2013
“Very nice Indian food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food was good and had quite a bit of variety including the vegetarian dishes. I tried the Biryani which was nice though not the best that I have eaten.

Visited June 2013