“really 'awesome' service.”

The White Rabbit
Ranked #73 of 11,075 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The White Rabbit is a charming restaurant and bar housed in a restored 1930s chapel set upon the iconic Dempsey Hill in Singapore. One can admire the beauty of the exquisite stained glasses while having your meal on the rustic tables and classic benches, or choose to sit outdoors overlooking the lovely garden veranda. The menu is a tribute to classic European cuisine, taken to new heights with sumptuous ingredients and finesse. A selection of classic craft Gin & Tonics are available in the gin garden bar, The Rabbit Hole. Since its opening, The White Rabbit has garnered acclaim for its excellent food, wine expertise and impeccable service. With a regular clientele and an immensely popular weekend brunch, The White Rabbit has been featured in various international publications like Asia Wall Street Journal, Elle, and is listed as one of Tatler's Best Restaurants.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hey, can someone tell me what exactly is the reservation line for?

Made a reservation for 2 at 9pm on 12th February. Arrived earlier than my reservation time and was told to wait a while for my table to be ready. 1 hour plus later and even asking about the table (was told to wait another 5 minutes), I wasn't even approached once by the service staff to inform me that there was a delay. The service was really bad. Not only didn't I get my table, i also had not received any calls to inform or ask me whether was I coming. So be it, if they're not interested then this isn't worth anyone's time.

You have spoilt my entire evening, Thanks.

Zero stars if I could. 1 star for the so-so mocktail I had while waiting. Count your blessings.

1  Thank gl0r1aaa
thelobeholdgroup, Public Relations Manager at The White Rabbit, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear gl0r1aaa

We're very concerned to hear about your experience and would like to get in touch with find out more about what happened. If you could drop me an email at isaac.tan@lobehold.com, I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, you can all 338 8035 ext 3. I look forward to hearing from you.

There are newer reviews for The White Rabbit

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend went here last valentine's day and the experience we had here was fabulous.

The interior of this place is definitely one of a kind, so romantic. The food was exceptionally delicious and well presented. I enjoyed the spicy pasta (I forgot what they called it) and the seabass tho it's in a plastic... My girlfriend and I both loved the drinks that was given to us.. Thanks to UOB for the complimentary drinks. LOL

Thank you to the staff that attended our needs. Very polite and approachable

Thank you White Rabbit for giving us our BEST DATE EVER (so far).

thelobeholdgroup, Public Relations Manager at The White Rabbit, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear RyanSBOOoo,

Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you very much for the great review. We're very pleased to have made yours and your girlfriend's night. For the record, the pasta was an Alaskan King crab capellini with some chilli 'ndjua sausage and the seabass en papillote was served in a special plastic parcel to lock in all the aromas and flavour as we cooked it. We hope to serve you once again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

It is our first time in singapore,we are finding some place to dine and in our search the hotel concierge give us a choice of different restaurant. We decided to choice the white rabbit.as we reach the restaurant the hostess greet us with a warm smile and lead us to our table.
We found a place like a paradise,dining inside an old church with amazing interior and design.there is also a garden outside where your kids can enjoy playing and everyone will do since its an open air area with a relaxing atmosphere.
The food is fantastic! For the starters we try the lobster bisque, wagyu carpaccio and foiegras,for the main Short ribs, pork collar and pasta tagliatelle and we share the baked alaska and chocolate lava cake for our dessert!
Service staff are all professionals and well trained. All are accomodating and attentive with all our needs, it feels like we are just visiting friends house.
Kudos to everyone it is worth visiting restaurant in singapore,we trully enjoy our dinning experience and we will be back before leaving singapore!

Dear Margz16,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It was our pleasure having you at The White Rabbit and we look forward to serving you again someday. In the meantime, we wish you all the best in your travels and a safe journey home.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Housed in a former church, this restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere. Food is good and menu was varied.. Service could be quicker and slightly overpriced for what you get.

1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Decided to drop by the white rabbit for a dinner. Has been a long while since I was there and seems to eternity. Was greater warmly by the host and before I am seated, a few of the staff come by and wishes me "welcome back". And the manager on duty came and wishes me a "gong Xi Fatt Cai". This is really wonderful feeling especially that I have been there like 5-6 time last year.

Decor look great and was seated in the middle of the restaurant which is pretty spacious without hearing the conversation from the next table. After I order my dinner, I went to the outdoor to have a look. A total change from my previous visits, a revamp and refresh new look. Dinner: great beef carpaccio- with truffles and using wagyu beef that gives you a great kick, the lobster bisque- creamy, rich and serve with half a Maine lobster, roasted whole chicken- soft and succulent, with the right crisp outside( unlike the Chinese roast chicken ). Dessert- apple tart, so good and crispy that look like a popiah.

Had a wine recommended by a young gentlemen, San Filipino brunello, ripe and medium with good fruits and long finish. All in all, great service which you don't find in lots of places. Service prompt yet non intrusive.