“Where is the hospitality?”
Review of The White Rabbit

The White Rabbit
Ranked #66 of 10,807 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The White Rabbit is a charming restaurant and bar housed in a restored 1930s chapel set upon the iconic Dempsey Hill in Singapore. One can admire the beauty of the exquisite stained glasses while having your meal on the rustic tables and classic benches, or choose to sit outdoors overlooking the lovely garden veranda. The menu is a tribute to classic European cuisine, taken to new heights with sumptuous ingredients and finesse. A selection of classic craft Gin & Tonics are available in the gin garden bar, The Rabbit Hole. Since its opening, The White Rabbit has garnered acclaim for its excellent food, wine expertise and impeccable service. With a regular clientele and an immensely popular weekend brunch, The White Rabbit has been featured in various international publications like Asia Wall Street Journal, Elle, and is listed as one of Tatler's Best Restaurants.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where is the hospitality?”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a bday dinner at the 'famous ' White Rabbit. However, it was such a disappointing dinner.
At first, we came at d restaurant at the reservation time , but the restaurant was not ready. So we had to wait in the outdoor bar for the restaurant to get ready in the next 15 mind.
Secondly, the hostess brought us to the table right in front of the washroom. When we asked to change the seat (the whole restaurant only few table were seated then, I believe it was not a big effort to make), she showed her face right in front of us n like we irritated her. As a service stuff, the last thing u shudder show to ur guest, is ur attitude.

Thirdly, during d entire dinner, there was not even one management team came to ask how is the dinner... how is everything.. etc... Even though they knew that we were upset by the seats. The restaurant were not busy, and they could have make something different.

Besides the deco of the restaurant really looks old n tired, the food there is good. Floor stuff did their part to ensure that any other thing fell to the worse part. They are efficient n attentative.

Overall, I wont recommend the place to any one coz there are definitely more welcoming restaurants out there.

1 Thank Thanuka N

• Thai first
Frankfurt, Germany
“A Brilliant Brunch”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

White Rabbit was a lucky find indeed. I wanted a special place to go with my family for brunch and found this interesting name while web-searching. White Rabbit proved to be a wonderful place to dine - great service, delicious food, excellent presentation, beautiful surroundings ...a truly satisfying and happy experience!

Visited December 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“getting better all the time”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were very fortunate to be asked back to The White Rabbit to experience how well it had progressed and how it had changed for the better since our last visit a couple of years ago.

Both myself and my vegetarian partner were very impressed with the service levels, range of food options and vegetarian options along with the ever growing wine list which is always a bonus in Singapore.

We were both delighted to have our expectations exceeded in the nicest possible way and very much enjoyed our dinner it was remains one of the most unique restaurant venues in Singapore.

They focus on quality rather than quantity in the menu and that really shines through with all my courses from oysters to delicious crab taglitelle to seabass to some very tasty desserts and some great cheeses all making a very positive impression and being lapped up.

Thanks for having us back and keep on adding extra tasty and interesting things to eat and drink to keep your standards high.

Singapore, Singapore
“Much improved and great wine list”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My first trip to The White Rabbit was overwhelmingly disappointing but I am glad to say that on my return I have found things much improved.
The service was exceptional everything from the champagne on ice at our arrival was positively sublime. The wonderful service was swiftly accompagnied by some wonderful tomato and basil ciabatta some of the tastiest bread I've had in Singapore.
As a vegetarian the dishes all ranked highly in terms of quality of ingredients, size of portion and presentation, although there is still some work to do on flavours and cooking techniques but then I am an exceptionally tough customer.
The Salade Printemps was an interesting combination of flavours and I liked that it was not overwhelmed by dressing. The Burrata cheese was also delicious but the portion was way too big for 1 and the quantity and flavour of the tomatoes did not balance with the cheese. The Mushroom Ravioli had delicious wafer thin pasta and a dish that could be overwhelming and heavy was light and refreshing, although the filling of the Ravioli could be improved but this is just a simple technique issue, the parmesan foam is a pointless extravagance and high quality parmesan shavings would be much more effective. The grilled asparagus was fantastic but the French fries were disappointing. My meat eating friend had excellent Oysters and a very good sea bass en papillote he also had the crab pasta which he rated as a highlight.
For me the real highlight of the meal was the wine list. a.)It is incredibly reasonably priced b.)It is one of the more interesting lists in Singapore with lots of wines that I have not seen elsewhere that offers exceptional value for the quality. We had a Drouhin Chardonnay from Oregon (where else in Singapore can you get that?) recommended by the very helpful and unpretentious Sommelier. The desserts are also notable the Crepe Suzette are sublime and come with a lot of drama that adds to the occasion the baked Alaska also looked good.
Overall a great dining experience and we will be going back Thank you to all the staff who made tonight a great evening.

1,181 restaurant reviews
“Looks good on paper, but ...”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Seeing pictures of the restaurant in magazines, i've been wanting to try this place for years and manage to grab a chance to do so. Tried booking online for a 7 or 730pm but only 630pm was available. As luck would have it, work really kept piling up and there was no way i could make 630pm and i called them instead. They accommodated a 730pm, which was nice of them

Parking at peak hours on friday night is a very frustrating affair here. Very limited parking for about 20 cars, for a restaurant that seats about 150. So be warned

Upon entering, it is indeed a pleasant novelty as the high ceiling and stained glass adds to the ambience. However, after a while, your realise the high ceiling ricochets everyone's chatter and it is quite the din. Definitely not the place to have a business discussion or a quiet dinner

It was already late and we decided to go straight to mains. Ordered the truffle roast chicken for 2, which sounded delicious. Alas, they said it was going to take 40mins! Decided to order other mains instead. My friend ordered the ribeye while i asked for the seabass. My fish came cooked in a plastic bag which they cut open. It was good tasting, but had 4 bones in it! I've watched enough episodes of masterchef and topchef to know that they jolly well remove the pinbones with kitchen tweezers while prepping! And my friend's medium steak turned out to be medium rare. And of course, they don't have staff asking you how the food was, unless many 5 star establishments

Dessert seemed reasonably priced and we decided on another go. My friend's baked alaska seemed ok enough .My lava cake didn't have enough lava in it