It is with a heavy heart that I write this review as it has come to the end of my two week stay at Park Avenue and I have tremendously enjoyed the entire two weeks here.
I stayed in a one bedroom superior apartment which comes with one room, one bathroom, a kitchen with washer/dryer, a small dining area with a dining table for four and a small living area with a sofa, tv and a lazy chair. The shower in my bathroom required for me to step into the bath tub so the bath and shower were not separated. It is not safe for older people and is not disabled friendly. My washing machine was a brand called Indesit and each wash and dry took over 3 hours to complete I'm not sure if that's normal.
In terms of service, the staff at this place need to improve on their attitude. I had housekeeping service three times a week, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The housekeeper cleaned and changed the sheets and towels but didn't help with the dishes. The toiletries were never replenished and they could have been more generous with toilet rolls. Also I had a simple enquiry about parking rates and it took 3 days for the staff to revert with a concrete response. Also one night at 11.30pm I received a creepy phone call from the night guard over a false pretext to ask whether I had received a response to my parking enquiry- it was very disturbing and inappropriate for the guard to call up so late at night.
A light breakfast was provided from Monday to Friday- but the selection was very limited. They only offered some pastries, breads, croissants, fruits, cornflakes, milk, coffee, tea and water.
Aside from the sub standard service, the location is good but not convenient because it is nowhere close to an MRT although there is a taxi stand and a couple of bus stops nearby. I love the fact that Park Avenue is connected to the UE square mall which is not a fantastic mall but its a neighbourhood mall with a jungle gym for kids, art classes for kids, music lessons for kids, nail spa, deli France, o briens, 7-11 store and a cold storage upstairs for groceries! Down the road to the left, there is also a row of Chinese eateries providing food options at a reasonable price.
There are plenty of Japanese and German expat families with their children living close by so there was a very family oriented feel to this place. There are also a good number of wine bars and western dining options nearby and Clarke quay and boat quay are within walking distance.
Travelling to work proved to be a bit challenging as Park Avenue was nowhere near a train station. In the mornings from Monday to Friday, there is a free shuttle bus which travels from UE square to Coleman street which is very close to the City hall MRT. In the evenings the last shuttle is at 6.30pm so the timing did not suit my work hours. Instead I would take the public bus home. From the city hall mrt station, buses 32 and 195 runs back to the river valley road just a minute walk or maybe less to ue square.
I have really enjoyed my stay here and will not hesitate to recommend it to young singles, families and business travellers. Unfortunately due to work requirements, i need to move to a new place on the Marina Bay as the commute was inconvenient for my long hours. For completeness, I thought I would share- parking space is ample. The parking lot is dim and poorly lit- but was safe. The parking charges are as follows: sgd1.50 from 8am to 1.30pm, sgd 2.00 from after 1.30pm to 11pm, sgd 2.00 from 11pm to 8am. Payment is by auto pass.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Work in a definitive world-class environment. Live in the lap of luxury. Play in a landscape of never-ending excitement. Such is the tantalising allure of a well-rounded stay in Park Avenue Clemenceau. True to our belief in seeing things your way, this serviced apartment is sited in one of Singapore's most enviable spots, next to the riverside and close to all the thrills of the city. Enjoy a colourful stay where every day brings new surprises in the most delightful ways.Live - Indulge in the best of modern comfort with sweeping views of the city from one of our 150 fully-furnished suites available in one- to four-bedroom options.Work - Get some serious work done in between dips at our poolside or at our business centre that comes complete with office facilities.Play - Choose from an eclectic mix of riverside wine and dine establishments or let your hair down in the up-tempo quayside clubbing district after a hard day's work. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, ACCOR and Odigeo so you can book your Park Avenue Clemenceau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Avenue Hotel Singapore
- Park Avenue Clemenceau Singapore