“Little Gem”
Review of Hotel Re!

Hotel Re!
Ranked #147 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Very good place to use as a base for a break in Singapore. Close to metro station (5 min walk ) and close to Chinatown (15 min walk).
Staff friendly and effficient. Rooms may be a little quirky for some (80s retro), but very well equiped and maintained. We had a late flight (midnight), but staff allowed us to stay in our room until 3pm, and then gave us access to a room to let us shower.
An excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed at Re hotel for singapore airline stop over scheme which was only 2 us dollers.

Hotel was located near china town. If you walk from the closest underground, it will take 15 mins up the hill. but it was ok. there are free bus service from the hotel but it is not so frequent.

the room was small, but very clean and stylish. amenities were l'occitane.

the breakfast was quite pricey, so we went to china town for chinese breakfast which was really cheal and met lots of locals.

Reviewed August 10, 2009

Hotel Re

We found this hotel to be very good - just what we wanted and good for the price. The staff were excellent – so friendly and helpful. We got an upgrade – room was very nice, clean and funky décor. The location is not too central however the nearest metro station is five min walk away and the trains run very frequently. There is also a free shuttle bus run by the hotel which goes to all the good parts of town. The food at the restaurant was also good. We highly recommend this hotel, particularly for younger people.

On a different note – for all visitors to Singapore – fantastic place but don’t be fooled by rickshaw drivers – they will take you for a ride (and not the good type) and take a lot of your money and risk your life in the process.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shibbly
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I traveled to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur with my wife on a honeymoon. Singapore was our base and we spent there 9 out of 13 nights in south-east Asia.
I looked for affordable hotel with good reviews and after checking around I found hotel Re! I liked its design and price so I went for it. I expected to get a good hotel and service, but everything about Re surprised me in a good way. The staff are friendly and they always went extra mile to accommodate us. First we checked in and I asked for a good room because our honeymoon (we reserved basic double room) and they instantly upgraded us from superior to deluxe room on the top floor with great view over Ortram park and Singapore skyline.
The room itself was great – not very big but sufficient enough. L'Octaine amenities refreshed every day, two complimentary bottles of water every day, free fast wi-fi Internet etc. Great design, great bathroom… For me it was really exceptional.
After first week we checked out and we left 3 out of our 4 suitcases in the Hotel to wait for us. We went to Kuala Lumpur for 4 nights. After we came back we checked in again, and this time I didn't even say that we were on our honeymoon. We were set down for a few minutes untill they could find a room for us as they were full.- After three or four minutes one of the staff came up to us and told us that he saw that we are on our honeymoon and that they are upgrading us to the Business Room on the top floor – this is three grades above what we reserved!! This was totally unexpected and I'm still grateful for this 
Oh yeah – the rooms and the hotel itself are very very clean.
Now for some useful tips:

Location – I saw that some people think that location is not really good and I have to disagree. I landed at Changi around 11am and I was in the hotel maybe one hour after landing (take in account custom control etc.). Outram park station is on the MRT line which starts at Changi Airport and it took us around 30min with that line from Changi to Outram Park Station. When we exited the station we went on the „back“ exit and we saw the big sign „Re! Hotel“ there showing us the way. It took us maybe 5-10min walk to get to the hotel (with luggage). It is very close to Chinatown so there is definitely no need to take MRT to go to Chinatown, just walk for 5 minutes from OP station and you will be there.

Connectivity - I think that this is a good location as Outram park Station has two main lines that operate on it – „East-West“ and „North-East“. First one will take you in a matter of minutes to some crucial spots in Singapore like Bugis, Raffles Place, City Hall etc. And with North-East line you have only one stop to Harbourfront and Santosa express and on other side you can access Orchard road if you go to Dhoby Ghaut station – that is basically east end of Orchard road.

Shuttle Service – Re has a good shuttle service if you don't like taking MRT and it's free. It starts from Re every hour on the top of the hour and it can take you to: Outram Park station, Clark Quay, Orchard Road etc. Great service even if you use it only to get to MRT OP station

To conclude – I would recommend this hotel to everyone. It's quiet, peaceful and I felt lika I'm home there in every sense of the word. Staff was friendly, intimate. In KL I stayed in Sheraton in much much bigger room and everything else that comes with 5* hotel, but I couldn't wait to get back to Re, and I'm sure that this will be my hotel of choice whenever I go to Singapore.

5  Thank tutlek
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed there 2 nights while we just left Cambodia. The hotel is located in a quiet area near a beautiful park. You need to use the subway to reach the inner city. The subway station is around 10 min walk to the hotel. Besides the subway is very safe.
The hotel room was well-designed and the price was rather good (booking with agoda).
We enjoy our stay even if we regretted not having a swimming pool for relaxing.

1  Thank john123go
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We had a 3 day stop in Singapore and felt that Hotel Re was excellent value. We paid $70 per night (Agoda deal) and were happy with our choice. The decor was fun and the rooms were spotless. The beds were SO comfortable and the L'Occitane bath products were a treat. In terms of location, if you don't want to wait for the bus, it is about a $4 taxi to Clarke's Quay and there is also a hotel shuttle that is free and runs every hour to popular spots in the city. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank janu007
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We stayed in this hotel in february and was delighted but this time(August), we nearly regret it. We booked like a month ago, and on check in got only single bed instead of queen one; apparently only given on availability. The good thing is that eventhough it was was early, we got out room. .... A super tiny room, i think the 712 was the left over space but still need to fit in a room to maximise the hotel. The shower cubicle had curtain instead of door, just give you the impression of the those really really cheap hotel on the street, the shower head holder was broken and fixed by amateur with a rusty screw, but still not holding the shower head at all(they fixed it properly when complained tho), the curtain was useless. A huge lack of ammenities and since we stayed there before, we asked for them and the obvious reply, we do not provide this,(not sure if that was the training buzz word) to get rid of you.

The next day, we took the shuttle bus to orchard road, took us 55 mins to get there, a trip worth 20-30 mins. The driver has decided to please one of the customer who was leaving by going all the way to bugis just for them. So we had to rush to get something to eat off orchard and took a taxi to get to my medical appointment.

The best was 4am in the morning, bang bang, our door just broke opened and new client getting in our room, the security lock broke until my gf shouted. 5 mins later when trying to get back to sleep, the receptionist to appology.

Anyway.... next day, talked to the manager, she really catch up, good service recovery. Upgraded us to business room, with a fruit basket and even on check out she proposed for late check out. But her staff really need re-training.... they su.....ed.... they mistakenly AGAIN charged us the business room but the manager rectified.

So guess Hotel Re... it a think twice for next time. FRom loving it, hating it, to maybe, maybe not

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple