“Perfectly adequate”

Ranked #123 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
North Wales
“Perfectly adequate”
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Put up here for one night by Singapore Air after they changed our flight from Monday to Sunday. Not the ideal location for sightseeing but right next to Pearl Hill Park which leads you into China town.
Funky room, good bathroom with separate shower and nice toiletries (L'Occitaine).
No restaurant which is a bit inconvenient given the location, breakfast was ok first day (at least some local dishes) second morning it was disappointing particularly as we had to pay extra for it - bit mean that Singapore Air!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobbuild

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Northern England
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Having arrived after a long flight were disgusted to be given a room in which someone had slept in the bed! and kindly urinated in the toilet without flushing it.After complaining and some considerable time we were eventually allocated another tiny room which had body fluid stains on the duvet-dont ask use your imagination uck but we could no longer be bothered to move again.A real shame because in general the staff wanted you to have a good time but cleanliness is everything to me I am afraid and I dont want to get into someone elses bed!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GraceNorthernEngland
HotelRe, Marketing Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this review, July 19, 2009
Dear Ms Richardson,

Apologies for my tardy reply and our sincerest apologies that your stay with Hotel Re! was not ideal. We have looked into the matter and found that you were actually checked into an occupied room by mistake. We sincerely apologise for the distress caused during your stay with us. Please be assured that this is not a common occurance in our hotel, and we do our utmost to achieve the best possible standards of service and cleanliness.

We value your feedback and once again extend our apologies.

Best Regards,
Jessica Loo
Marketing Manager

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Based on the excellent ratings on Trip Advisor we decided to try the Hotel Re! for 8 nights instead of a more conventional downtown chain.

The Re! is certainly very clean with comfortable beds and although rooms can be small it offers reasonable value.
These are room sizes as given to me
Superior room - 14sq m
Deluxe room - 18sq m
Executive room - 20sq m
Business room - 24sq m
Premier room - 28sq m
Family suite - 35sq m
Themed suite - 35sq m
We ended up with a deluxe which is about as small as I'd be prepared to rent for two people. Space in the bathroom was very limited.

The hotel's trendy design may or may not be to your liking ( I like ! ) but it can't disguise that the Hotel is still a modified school. As you enter the building it looks like the YMCA. The absence of a garden or pool confirm this as a night stop retreat only and not somewhere you'd wish return to - to escape the midday sun.

The slightly out of town location needn't be much of an issue.
Taxis are quite cheap ( about 6S$ to town ) or a 5 minute downhill walkway to the Outram MRT station is easy if you're fit - remember the heat and gates at the hotel exit are locked at midnight.
Also be aware that many taxi drivers have never heard of the new Hotel Re so you need to keep a map and address handy.

Less happily we had an issue with the billing.
I booked directly using the Hotel's own website and ordered a room with breakfast.
On arrival things were not quite as agreed but we appeared to resolve the issue and continued our stay.
On checkout the bill totals didn't appear unreasonable but the room rate had been crossed out and a higher one put in.It was suggested that I must have agreed to that as my signature was at the bottom of the sheet.
I knew nothing of that alteration and had not initialled it.

I don't think that there was any malpractice it just seemed that there was confusion over what the internet site lets you book and how they interpret things at the front desk.
All I would suggest is that you check your bill carefully on arrival and at departure.

To conclude the staff were generally helpful and friendly but no more that I would expect.
The food was adequate.

For us the killer was the cold atmosphere.
It may be that the Feng Shui expert got it wrong but more likely that once a school always a school and the staff are perhaps inexperienced in genuine hospitality.
There was no charm about the place. That extra oomph! that makes a great place to stay has nothing to do with start ratings. It's that feeling that you are surrounded by people who care and want you to experience the best. Sorry guys this hotel may suit the 2 day Twenty-something on a tight budget but us oldies have moved on!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nippa1
Weston-Super-Mare
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Situated within a 10 minute walk from a centrally positioned underground stop. This no-frills hotel offers stylish, spotlessly clean and well manicured accommodation at a very reasonable price. Breakfast was not lavish but perfectly adequate with a good choice of European and Asian fare. The staff were charming, courteous and well informed. Complementary wireless Internet access from the rooms was a nice touch. Because our standard room was not ready on arrival we were immediately given an upgrade to a room that was !Even the courtesy bus went out of its way to be accommodating. We would certainly return.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roggly
brighton Uk
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I booked at the cheapest end of the scale because of an enforced Singapore Stopover due to flight connections, I had very little expectation. What a surprise, what an experience! Very new,spotless, friendly and helpful staff and a decor to cheer up anyone, young or old!
The bar,run by Charlie, unfortunately closed at midnight,but just one chance of a drink on the lovely upper terrace overlooking Pearl Park. I had a day free and I could not have been in a better spot to take a leisurely walk through china town and lunch in the amazing Lau Pau Sat adjacent to Raffles Quay. then a walk through Merlion Park.a stroll around the river past the theatres, Parliament House to ClarkesQuay for a coffee or a drink at the many and various bars. The hotel gave me a late room departure gratis. Small rooms and shower only at the basic rate....but fantastic decor and fully equipped with occitane shampoos etc. But pay a little extra and you could find yourself in the James Bond or John Travolta Suite with supersized beds and baths! A fantastic find..forget Raffles and you could probably could stay a week for the same money!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank sidonie
Kapiti Coast, New Zealand
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Stayed here on a Singapore Airlines Stopover package. I support the comments made below about the hotel. I think its out of the way location is an issue. The shuttle bus is not reliable on the pick ups from the city so it is quicker to take the metro back. The walk up is short but take it slowly in the heat.!! The rooms are not as garish as I thought and we had no problems with the size of the room either. The stopover package gave you half price on your evening meal which was just as well..the first night we ordered a mince curry which the waiter said was very mild..wrong.!! Too hot for me. The next night my husband ordered a fish dish which arrived promptly and I ordered a pizza as these were new to the menu and was recommended by the staff. It arrived 30 minutes after my husbands meal and then was the wrong type. I waited another 10 minutes for the correct one and then was disappointed as it lacked any spices/flavour. (They didn't charge for the pizza which was good) Later we ordered room service ice cream and again got the wrong order. So the restaurant needs some help here.
The staff were pleasant and helpful and they extended our check out until 2pm free of charge. The lack of a pool or large outdoor area is also a negative so I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravellingKiwi
UK
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The 70's theme worked really well and made a nice change to the regular hotel.
Staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were lovely and clean.
The hotel is only a year old so some taxi driver's do not know it's location. However if you are patient you will come across a taxi who does know where it is located.
It is not too far from Chinatown. The metro is about 10 min walk from the hotel, its not too bad but can be annoying in humid conditions.
Nice experience overall.