“Excellent!”
Review of Hotel Re!

Hotel Re!
Ranked #137 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have stayed in Hotel Re! Singapore for 5 days. It was my first time in Singapore and the hotel finding was kinda difficult especially when I don't know where to go.

We have booked for the airport-hotel transfer and "uncle", the driver was on-time, and really is too friendly.

We were placed at the 12th floor and the view was excellent!

The hotel has a "short-cut" road going to the Outram Park MTR and it was like 10-minutes walk.

The reception staff are really friendly.

The room is spacious enough and the rest room is clean and maintained.

Linens are changed each day.

The light and aircon controls are on the bedside table and were really useful especially during afternoon lazy nap as there is a master's light control switch that switches off all lights including the bath area.

Overall, it was a wonderful stay! I would definitely book Hotel Re! again when there is a chance to visit Singapore.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lang24
PR-HotelRe, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Lang24,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad that you have enjoyed the overall staying experience with us. We will convey your compliments for our Shuttle Driver and Front Office colleagues to all and we hope to welcome you back for a Modern Retro experience sometime soon! Cheers!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I read reviews prior to booking a hotel and really wish people would grow up. It sometimes seems people have to search really hard to find a complaint. In any event, despite the medicore reviews I read I went ahead and booked Hotel RE! as it sounded so different - a retro themed boutique hotel, with vivacious colours and psychedelic furnishings with a sleek modern touch, located on Pearl’s Hill City Park. Sounded like a nice quiet weekend and the price was good.

I was not disappointed. Loved it. Hotels in Singapore can be so hit and miss.

It was actually a formerly primary school building and once the tallest building in Singapore. Room had air-conditioning, LCD TV with satellite feed, direct dial telephone, wireless internet access, desk, in-room safe, nice bathroom, mini-bar/refrigerator. One of the elevators was out of service which caused some delays, but beyond that, everything was great.

And thanks to the Chef for his personal attention. I was running late and needed a sandwich for lunch, but all they had to go was vegetarian on white bread. As I talked to the attendant the Chef overheard me, came right over and had a tuna sandwich on wheat made in minuites for me to eat on the way to a meeting.

Later I had the half chicken for dinner and it was the most aweful meal I have ever had. Whoever cooked it should be ashamed, and those that served it should have known better. It was served with 8 french fries in a glass cup. What! But I will not hold this against them as it could have been a one time thing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Patrick L

Dear Patrick L,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you for your great review! We are glad that you enjoyed the Modern Retro experience along with the peace & quiet of our surroundings.

Hotel Re! indeed brings back memories for many people especially true for those who have gone through their education years here! And with the historical buiding comes with a need to have our elevators maintained regularly to ensure safety for all our guests. We would like to apologize if it had caused any form of inconvenience to you.

We are glad that our Chef has delivered his special attention to your need and fed your stomach well! We acknowledge your feedback on dinner serving and will certainly work on the upkeeping of serving quality in Re!Fill.

We hope to welcome you back once again and experience our hospitality in Modern Retro comfort and gourmet experience. Cheers!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Every time we visit Singapore, we stay at Hotel Re. It's close to Chinatown, and a lot of fun. The retro theme is chill, the rooms are modern, if a bit small (but hey, it's Singapore, and a bargain at twice the price.) Even stayed in a bigger room for business once - very nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wandering_Canadian07
PR-HotelRe, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Wandering_Canadian07,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you for your great review! Indeed, Hotel Re! is strategically located at the heart of Singapore with a host of distinctive advantages when it comes to exploring the city. We are so happy that you had a happy stay with us and we hope it won't be long before we can welcome you back again! Cheers!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went there to have dinner. Hotel assistant F& B manager was rude to us and raised his voice when we tried to clarify the cost of the meal, that attracted the attention of people around us. He even gave us a calculator to calculate.. I felt that this is not what i would expect from a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Kenji H

Dear Kenji H,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

We thank you for your constructive feedback and do apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. We will certainly have the respective department review their customer service and always aim for more room of improvement. Hope it wont' be long before we see you again, perhaps to try our accommodation rooms too the next time! Cheers!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

A friend of mine who is here for job assignment stayed almost a month during the period April-May in Hotel Re his company office and on going project is just around the corner he chose to stay at Hotel Re as it will be very convenient for him.
The room he was allocated to in Rm 510 despite monrning he went out to work only came back at night to sleep.
1.The back of the head board has a lot of little ants near to ceiling wall
2.TV worked but not the TV controller
3.There is one day he left his shirt in a laundry bag with the laundry form in the room, room attendant did not check and proceed with his laundry washing.
4.The bathroom in the toilet basin always choke and no room attendant notice and get it done,while they clean the room daily.(Mostly China Staffs Dun Really Communicate Well)
5.Lots of tour groups staying in lower floor which is very noisy in the morning.

Room Tip: Higher Floor Lower Floor were occupied with Tour Groups tend to be noisy in the morning .
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear kokomitay,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you for taking time to write us the review on behalf of your friend, who certainly is our valued guest for a long stay of a month. I've noted your points on the head board ants and forwarded your feedback to the Housekeeping department for their improvement. As for the noise insulation, we are working with some consultants on how to better manage it. Hotel Re! is indeed a good choice for business travellers, and we hope it won't be long before we have your friend back to stay with us and for us to make him feel at home again. Cheers!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

A very late minute booking, chose mainly due to an appointment close by to this hotel, turned out to be an excellent choice.

We arrived at approx 2am directly from the airport, pleasingly the taxi driver knew exactly where the hotel was. Checkin was extremely efficient and quick. The lobby was large and uniquely decorated, but I liked it.

I booked a deluxe room, I received a room on the 12th floor. I was very pleased with the presentation of the room. It had lots of different colours and textures, to me it looked quite inviting. The room was not large, but more than enough space for my girlfriend and I. Some minor noise intrusion from the street outside was noted, but it certainly didn't bother me.

The bed was not the usual hard Asian hotel bed, it was large and comfortable. The linen appeared all but new.

The bathroom was well presented with walkin shower (not bath type), it appeared quite new and well maintained. The shower had excellent hot water! Again the linen was all but new. From memory, it was stocked with soaps, gels , toothbrushes and shower caps etc. One item of note was the "step" into the bathroom - there is a small raised step between the bathroom and hallway...I tripped twice on it (I am sometimes clumsy granted!)...just something to take care of.

Interestingly there were some complimentary minibar items! I believe Wifi was also complimentary, I did not use it. There is an LCD TV and DVD player, but I did not use them. There is a telephone in room, along with desk and closet space. I didn't go looking for a safe, but the hotel advertises the room has one.

I cant really comment on the location. My first trip into Singapore only lasted the 1 day, and was specifically for an appointment.

I had breakfast in the lobby restaurant. It fills a space (stomach), but simply matched many other hotels basic buffet type with a mix of western and Asian foods. One day stay may not be a good enough of a sample though!

Checkout @ 930 am was equally as efficient and easy as checkin. The staff at checkin and checkout were friendly, with excellent english....too easy!

Whilst this is the shortest stay I have ever had in a hotel, I was very pleased with it. Easy checkin and checkout, I really liked the decor and presentation of the hotel and the room accomodation, and the interaction with staff was easy and pleasant. As long as the location suits me, I would be very happy to try Hotel Re! again next time

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear APD-AUS,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you for your detailed and sensational review! =) We are really delighted when guests notice and appreciate the thought and detail that goes into the service of our staff and provision of amenities. Hotel Re! always aims to be your personal modern-retro boutique hotel, and I'm glad you feel that way! We would love to welcome you back home at Hotel Re! soon! Cheers!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nice hotel with a retro style rooms, lobby with pink theme near Qatari park mrt in Singapore

Small restroom n bar,rooms small but very clean, staff friendly

Colourful scheme of green ,pink n red make the rooms ,lobby and even lifts very attractive

Room Tip: Good for short stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Alok B,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thanks for your short and sweet review! Indeed, modern retro comfort is one of the traits Hotel Re! takes pride in and I hope it won't be long before we see you back at Hotel Re! again! Cheers!