“Only 1 night, but an excellent experience June 2013”
Review of Hotel Re!

Hotel Re!
Ranked #123 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Only 1 night, but an excellent experience June 2013”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

A very late minute booking, chose mainly due to an appointment close by to this hotel, turned out to be an excellent choice.

We arrived at approx 2am directly from the airport, pleasingly the taxi driver knew exactly where the hotel was. Checkin was extremely efficient and quick. The lobby was large and uniquely decorated, but I liked it.

I booked a deluxe room, I received a room on the 12th floor. I was very pleased with the presentation of the room. It had lots of different colours and textures, to me it looked quite inviting. The room was not large, but more than enough space for my girlfriend and I. Some minor noise intrusion from the street outside was noted, but it certainly didn't bother me.

The bed was not the usual hard Asian hotel bed, it was large and comfortable. The linen appeared all but new.

The bathroom was well presented with walkin shower (not bath type), it appeared quite new and well maintained. The shower had excellent hot water! Again the linen was all but new. From memory, it was stocked with soaps, gels , toothbrushes and shower caps etc. One item of note was the "step" into the bathroom - there is a small raised step between the bathroom and hallway...I tripped twice on it (I am sometimes clumsy granted!)...just something to take care of.

Interestingly there were some complimentary minibar items! I believe Wifi was also complimentary, I did not use it. There is an LCD TV and DVD player, but I did not use them. There is a telephone in room, along with desk and closet space. I didn't go looking for a safe, but the hotel advertises the room has one.

I cant really comment on the location. My first trip into Singapore only lasted the 1 day, and was specifically for an appointment.

I had breakfast in the lobby restaurant. It fills a space (stomach), but simply matched many other hotels basic buffet type with a mix of western and Asian foods. One day stay may not be a good enough of a sample though!

Checkout @ 930 am was equally as efficient and easy as checkin. The staff at checkin and checkout were friendly, with excellent english....too easy!

Whilst this is the shortest stay I have ever had in a hotel, I was very pleased with it. Easy checkin and checkout, I really liked the decor and presentation of the hotel and the room accomodation, and the interaction with staff was easy and pleasant. As long as the location suits me, I would be very happy to try Hotel Re! again next time

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PR-HotelRe, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear APD-AUS,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you for your detailed and sensational review! =) We are really delighted when guests notice and appreciate the thought and detail that goes into the service of our staff and provision of amenities. Hotel Re! always aims to be your personal modern-retro boutique hotel, and I'm glad you feel that way! We would love to welcome you back home at Hotel Re! soon! Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nice hotel with a retro style rooms, lobby with pink theme near Qatari park mrt in Singapore

Small restroom n bar,rooms small but very clean, staff friendly

Colourful scheme of green ,pink n red make the rooms ,lobby and even lifts very attractive

Room Tip: Good for short stay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alok B,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thanks for your short and sweet review! Indeed, modern retro comfort is one of the traits Hotel Re! takes pride in and I hope it won't be long before we see you back at Hotel Re! again! Cheers!
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at hotel Re for 8 days and loved our stay there.
The staff was very nice and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable and on our first day there, we went out at 6 PM (after sleeping late due to Jetlag) and when we came back we saw that our room was cleaned, which was very nice.
The hotel is located 5-7 minute walk from the MRT station "Outram park" and the hotel has a shuttle to the station too.
Also, we recieved 2 bottles of water, 2 Pepsi cans, Oreo cookies and other snacks for free on a daily basis and could prepare tea and coffee in our room.
The WIFI was free and fast and in general, we really enjoyed our stay there.

The only thing i can comment about is the price of the breakfast - it costs 18 singapore dollars + tax per person which is kind of expensive in my opinion, but other than that, we really loved hotel Re!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Odelia E
PR-HotelRe, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Odelia E,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

We are honoured to have you stay with us throughout your 8 days of tour in Singapore, and are glad that we gave you a pleasant stay. We always strive to do our best for every single guest and hope all will love our modern retro themed accommodation experience. The next time you return, please do try our International Buffet Breakfast, and you will surely like it for its value for money! Cheers!
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is good location very sad please do not do any hotel booking threw booking.com or any other website for this hotel which says no refund I was booked for four night and I arrived on Monday night and due to emergency I have to leave back home with the next available flight I requested the hotel manager to please consider my request pls charge me for one night or consider this as a exception but not ready to listen this kind of response you can not expect from a service industry so I do not suggest people to stay here

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Mustufa69,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

We have done an internal check and pleased to share that we have managed to negotiate with the third party portal on your refund of the remaining stay due to your emergency. We believe you will be most delighted with our goodwill gesture since the refund has been made this morning on 18th June, however, your review was made on 17th June. Do rest assured that our motto is always to do our best to assist every single guest who needs our attention. Please allow some time for your bank to reflect the refund of funds and we look forward to having you back at Hotel Re! again! Cheers!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I absolutely love Hotel Re. I've been there with friends and also stayed there on my own. Admittedly, the rooms are little pricey for how small they are, but I think it's well worth it. I'm a real sucker for design - this hotel really does a good job with its design and you feel really comfy and HAPPY in the rooms, which are all in poppy, bright fushia pinks or lime greens, and given a cute retro twist. The beds are EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE, I could have stayed in bed the whole day given the chance! Bathrooms are small but very nice, excellent shower (sounds like a small thing, but I think having a good strong shower is one of the most important aspects of a hotel room!). Free wifi, great little amenities like the mini bar and toilet is kitted out with nice freebie toiletries.

The only "bad" thing is that the rooms are a little small so if you have a lot of luggage it'll be a little tricky fitting everything in.

A really fun place to stay, especially with friends or for something like a weekend trip away with a close friend or partner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank effortlessjamie
PR-HotelRe, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Jamie K,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you for your long-awaited review! We are so glad you still gave us your precious time to pen us this note. Appreciate! =) Do come back more often, and perhaps the next time you return, you may try our higher room categories for even more in-room amenities! Sure you will enjoy them and we hope to enhance your accommodation experience each time you return! Do take care in KL and hope the haze is not affecting you that badly.. Cheers!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I guess it is already a known fact that hotel rooms in Singapore are generally small and expensive… and there were no exceptions here. Check in was smooth though there is funny fragrance around the lobby that wasn’t quite to my liking, smells a little bit like industrial cleaning agents. We checked into a deluxe room and we were not surprised by the room size. This being a boutique hotel, most décor was in pink colour and we had Marilyn Monroe silhouettes over our beds. The most difficult part was probably the lack of space to even place your luggage. At least there was a cupboard in the room, so you could put all your clothes in it and stow your luggage away. The bathroom is of decent size though, with basic amenities provided. The room is clean and neat, with tea/coffee and electric kettle provided. The mini bar (if you can call it that) is free, with couple packets of snacks and canned drinks being replenished daily. In-room WiFi was pretty decent as well so there’s nothing to be picky about really.

The hotel is on top of a small hill. Taking a 5-minute walk down the hill you can find some small eateries and a mini market nestled around the flats at the foot of the hill. Walking a bit further you will reach a rather big food court called People’s Park and also a mid-sized departmental store called OG. Around the corner is Chinatown so if you are geared for walking there are a few places to explore about. There is also the Outram MRT station near to the hotel though with a family, we preferred taking the taxi and the front desk was always helpful to call one for us. The hotel is located at the southern part of the island so it is quite near to Sentosa Island and also Marina Bay Sands. The Garden by the Bay is definitely a highly recommended spot to visit, and be prepared to spend at least half a day there, preferably including the evening to take in the night view.

All in all, the hotel was a decent stay especially if you are out sight-seeing the whole day and only coming back to sleep. If you enjoy a little bit of walking and quiet environment, you wouldn’t complaint about it being on top of a hill. Though the lack of a swimming pool in the hotel was strongly criticized by my kid as an gross oversight :p

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aurfei
PR-HotelRe, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear aurfei,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you for choosing Hotel Re! and writing us a lovely review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay experience with us and your review surely sums up everything we are. Hotel Re! always aims to be your personal modern-retro boutique hotel, and we are glad you felt that way! We hope to see you back with us soon, be It with family or friends! =) Perhaps by then, we would have a pool for your kids! Cheers!
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed June 9, 2013

me, my wife and my 8 year old son came to this hotel for a short 4 day vacation in Singapore, where we were greeted with sweet and warm smiles, our check in was fast and really smooth with no delays, the front desk staff really know what they were doing... when we got to the room... it was really amazing, white clean sheets, comfy bed and very spacious... our room had a big tv and a ref, and bottled water (i'm sure you know how much a bottled water costs in Singapore, right? this is really a big deal...) they have hot and cold shower... and each day after a quick sight seeing tour... every thing was replenished and arranged like the time when we checked in. everyone was so helpful specially LEO, he went above and beyond... he bent over backwards until the back of his head reached his ankles... that's how helpful he is, nothing was ever too much for this guy... he gave us instructions on how to get to the tourist spots in the area, hotels need more people like Leo, such a great guy, if I was the owner of this hotel i'd give this guy a raise... he'll i'd give him his own branch... over all it was such an amazing experience and i would definitely come back and definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and relatives...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear delta06213,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It certainly pleases us so much to have made your stay such a wonderful and memorable one. Appreciate your kind compliments for Leo, and rest assured your feedback has been communicated to him and he surely is very glad to have played a part in creating the hospitality experience for you. We hope to see you back soon! Cheers!