“Good Service”
Review of Hotel Re!

Hotel Re!
Ranked #146 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 20, 2013

i went to singapore at 6-9 december'12 and stay at Hotel Re! i miss the hotel with kindness staff especially the lady who's clean my room...she's very helpful and the recepsionis has a warm smile. Hotel to MRT station (Outram Park station) little bit far 10-15 minutes with walk but the hotel have shuttle bus to station... i hope i can back again to Hotel Re!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
PR-HotelRe, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear meytha,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Wow, it is so nice of you to share with us your review after 4 months of your accommodation experience! Despite the duration, you still remember our chambermaid and receptionist~ We sincerely appreciate that! Yes, we hope to have you back at Hotel Re! soon too! Please don't make us wait another 4 months ya! Cheers!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

If your ideal hotel accommodation in Asia includes bright pink decor with a retro Americana pop culture theme (think Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, etc.) splattered everywhere, then Hotel Re! is your dream come true. It was definitely not my first choice for staying in Singapore (was with a tour group), so I had to "work with it," so to speak.

Hotel Re! is not a horrible hotel, per se. It's clean, safe (on top of a small hill), and very close walking distance to the famed Chinatown in Singapore. But coming from the United States, I really wanted a less...shall we say "American cheese" experience. Like I said, I had to work with it. The room we stayed at was a bit small, the bed a bit too soft and springy for my taste, but the shower was hot with good pressure plus free mini bar snacks and soda. So all evens out, right? Oh, free (good) wifi, big breakfast buffet too.

Would I stay there again? Probably not. But I don't have much to complain either. Just a "meh" hotel experience for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear stetienne2,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. We are indeed a modern retro boutique hotel aiming to give our guests a unique accommodation experience. Regret that the theme did not fit too well with you. Nevertheless, glad you still enjoyed our shower, complimentary minibar snacks, complimentary wifi and big breakfast buffet. Cheers!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hotel Re! is located on Pearl Hill along Chin Swee Road, in Singapore. It's a boutique hotel, with a retro theme that also caters for the business traveller. Much of the decor is in bright colours, such as pink and lime green.

Check in was fast and efficient and I was given a complimentary upgrade from Deluxe to Premier. The table lamp was not working and a call to reception soon had a maintenance person come over to fix it. The room has the silhouette from Saturday Night Fever in white over a pink background. The toilet was equipped with a shower and decked out in pink tiles with embedded bling. The colour scheme might not be for everyone, but overall room comfort was high and very clean. There were some cracks in the toilet tiles but these did not cause any leaks.

The Premier room comes with complimentary snacks, 2 bottles of water, 2 cans of Pepsi, a small pack of Oreos and 2 packs of snack food, in addition to the usual 2 servings of instant coffee and 2 tea bags. The usual staple toiletry is also provided, soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, toothbrush, comb, etc.

The room is equipped with a safe that can fit a notebook computer and the usual iron and ironing board.

The bed is very comfortable and as the hotel is on top of a hill, it is very quiet and great for a night's rest, when compared to some other hotels in Singapore that are in busier parts of town. The only downside is that it's quite a walking distance to get food if you don't want to eat in the hotel. However, this is mitigated somewhat by the reasonably priced food items available. WiFi worked without any issues.

Breakfast choices were basic but tasty and served in an area next to the reception. Checkout was fast and efficient and overall I would recommend Hotel Re! to any business traveller who would not mind being in the heart of Singapore, preferring instead some quiet. The only thing to get used to would be the bright colour scheme, but when you turn out the lights for an evening's rest, colours are not a problem!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SLChong
PR-HotelRe, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear SLChong,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Thank you, thank you so much for your detailed review! You have certainly given all our guests a great idea of what to expect at Hotel Re! for their next visit. We are so glad you liked our boutique hotel's modern retro theme, liked our complimentary minibar snacks, liked our location, beds, breakfast and services! We definitely wish to have you back to stay with us SLChong! Take care in Malaysia!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is a unique experience as this hotel is decorated as a set of a movie from the 50's. the rooms are nice with great views to the city on the higher floors or to the park if you prefer more quite rooms.

I just loved the decoration, the amenities , the lobby with music from the 80's. beds are conferrable, bathroom great and spotless and room size was ok for one( rooms in singapore are relatively small)

The service was fantastic, helpful, smily and welcoming.
Location in just short 10 mnts drive from Marina Sands Bay and 5 from China town. I found it convenient as Taxies are cheap.

You must understand that the hotel is offering a uniqe experience as it is not another Holiday inn. I loved it and felt like home.

Next trip to Singapore I will book it again and that is the bottom line.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank NIR

Dear NIR,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Your review has indeed gave us more purpose to go on and serve more guests with our motto of "Re!Lax in Modern Retro"! Yes, thank you for liking our decorations, our amenities, our lobby music, our beds, our services, our location, and most importantly, our concept theme! We surely look forward to having you back with us! Someone who truly appreciates us, we love you too! Cheers!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I went to Singapore and stayed at Hotel Re! on my family vacation for 4D/3N on deluxe room.

I liked the hotel's design. It's fun, stylish, unique, and yes.. it's RE!tro
The surrounding area was quite and green, since it's located on a hill.. I enjoy my walk along the hill from Outram Park MRT Station to the hotel, it's around 600m long. And sometimes I use the complimentary shuttle from the hotel to MRT station.

About the room.. Overall it's clean. But I found ants walking around on my working table, even after the room's make up done.. I still see ants on my room on the next evening.
For sleeping quality, the bed and the pillow is great. But one thing which disturbing is the the room's wall which I found it's not sound-proof enough.. I can hear people's talking on the corridor and moreover on my next room. On the middle of my first night stay, I have some sleep difficulties because the guest on my next room is talking and laughing out loud, and I can hear them clearly. So I asked the guests service to talk to them to keep their volume.

The bathroom is clean and nice. And they provide some snacks for complimentary on each room which is perfect.

Overall I enjoy my stay here.
I wish that Hotel Re! will do something to keep the room sound-proof.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank folletto_az

Dear folletto_az,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

We appreciate your feedback and will definitely review it with our Engineering Department. Thank you for liking our hotel's location and design. We are glad to service you with our complimentary shuttle bus service, complimentary minibar snacks and an excellent sleep quality. We do apologise for the ants issue and will surely get our Housekeeping colleagues to enhance their cleaning for the rooms. Hope to see you back soon! Cheers!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hotel re is a fabulous hotel! At 75% less in cost then all the other hotels its a bargain. It has all the items I require: comfortable bed, hot shower, in room safe, and the shuttle to the mrt is a bonus ( although it is only a 5-10 minute walk). The mini bar is packed with free snacks which is a nice bonus and the staff are very nice. Taxis are frequent and use the metre all in all a fabulous hotel :)

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rebecca K

Dear Rebecca K,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

We shall return your precise and lovely review with some simple words of appreciation too. Thank you for being our guest and thank you for letting us know you enjoyed us. Take care. Cheers!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The hotel gets the job done. It is a basic, clean and fairly accessible to mrt property. Chinatown and Clarke and Robertson quay are walking distance. Wifi was almost perfect, the evenings though there was a lot of congestion and not optimal speed. Staff is friendly and accommodating. No pool, tiny gym, didn't try the restaurant. Nice terrace bar to unwind. Did leave the property to transfer to another hotel at the end of my stay in singapore to enjoy more amenities. Very small rooms, would not be able to fit a baby cot unless you upgraded to a larger room. Free water and snacks is a nice touch. Taxis are fairly frequent. Did not use the mrt shuttle.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RoxT

Dear RoxT,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill!

Please re!turn to Hotel Re! the next time you visit Singapore again, and do hope you will stay long enough to try our Re!Fill Restaurant too. We serve great value for money and very tasty food in there. Thank you for your compliments and we shall continue to keep up the good work and do our best for all our guests. Cheers!