“Good hotel for city trip”
Review of Hotel Re!

Hotel Re!
Ranked #123 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Heerhugowaard, The Netherlands
“Good hotel for city trip”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Good hotel, nice and quiet location for a city trip in Singapore.

Room Tip: It is a big building and not noisy at all.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great hotel on Pearl Hill! Away from busy Singapore. Nice room. Good sleep. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: They offer rooms with breakfast and without breakfast. If you are not a heavy breakfast type, just b...
2 Thank Promtong M
Colombo
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Re! on business for about 5 days. The rooms were small but comfortable and there's pretty good wifi available which is free to all guests which is a definite value point. Their conference room was spacious though and as it is away from the city its quite peaceful too. You are a 10 minute walk away from the MRT and the hotel is quite close to Chinatown (20 minute walk). Food is alright but it is a no frills no fuss place so don't expect to be pampered. There's a small gym too (about 3-4 machines) but no one ever seems to go so you can exercise in privacy. If you are paying in cash then you are expected to pay for your stay upfront but I was able to pay 50% on arrival and then the balance at check out

Room Tip: Lower floors seemed better - the lift is really slow so a floor to walk up and down from would be be...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AmsColombo
Palo Alto
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was apprehensive when booking this hotel before the trip. All I had to go on was a map, and did not know if this hotel was centrally located and how far from everything!
From the airport it was a 20.00 Singapore dollars ride. The hotel is a short 4 minutes walk from China town and a short 6 minutes walk to the MRT subway station: OUTRAM PARK. With this in mind this hotel is thus very centrally located. It is within easy reach of Little India, Orchard Road Shopping area, as well as Kampong Glam, the Arab Area and the Marina Area, which is home to the Sands Hotel with a viewing platform up 57 stories. The staff at the Hotel Re is very pleasant and professional as well as helpful. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are equally clean. We stayed in room 1206 with a nice view toward "downtown" Some people complain about the size of the rooms. We found it spacious, in fact much bigger than most hotels in Europe that charge twice as much. I use a hotel to sleep and shower. I know the next time I am in Singapore I will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: As for a room that is higher rather than lower, just for the sake of the views.
4 Thank friendlytrips
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2012

The hotel overall was very funky... the designs around the place all kept with a retro theme.
They provided a couple of complementary snacks in room which is a nice change. We only stayed a night but I wouldn't of minded it to have been longer. We were given a complementary room upgrade.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PerthAgent86
Hotel_Re_Singapore, Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and also the retro themes of the hotel.

We look forward to your next visit and hopefully, you will stay with us for a few more nights the next time round!

Best regards,

The Management
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have stayed at the Hotel Re! on three occasions now, and last time I was there I got an upgrade to a suite, presumably because my name was already in the hotel's records.

I have stayed at a couple of other places in Singapore, but I find the Hotel Re! is modern, and I really like the retro theme they have going. The regular rooms are of a reasonable size, and when I stayed in them I certainly wasn't cramped, and their suites are quite large, with a big ensuite bathroom, and ante-room leading to the bedroom. In the suite, I had some mixed results with the wi-fi on one occasion, but this was solved by just going down to the lobby with my laptop. However, now I have an iPhone, which might be annoying if the wi-fi was a little dodgy, but maybe it was just a fault that day. On the two other occasions I stayed there, I found no such problem.

The rooms are very clean, and well air-conditioned, and at a fair price. There are some room snacks & drinks, but I didn't indulge.

The breakfast bar is pretty good, although one thing that disappointed me last time was that the scrambled eggs had all sorts of wierd stuff in them, and the chef refused to cook me some plain scrambled eggs when I asked (even though he wasn't busy at the time). I had asked and received plain scrambled eggs on the two previous trips that I was there, so I hope the Hotel Re! can make it so that you just get plain scrambled eggs.

However, try the watermelon juice they serve - that is great. I also liked the bar, which I think was located on the 5th floor. It's a great place to watch English Premier League games, although the beer was a little overpriced. I paid something like $12sg for a Hoegaarden beer.

Hotel Re! is located right by the Outram Park MRT, and therefore, provides easy access to the rest of Singapore island (this MRT services two metro lines). I left the hotel via the MRT, took a bus across the causeway, and was in Johore Bahru (Malaysia) within an hour. From Outram Park MRT, there is a direct train to Changi Airport, and I found it took about half an hour from hotel to departure hall.

It should be pointed out that to get to Hotel Re! from Outram Park MRT, you take the road that flanks the park heading up to Pearl's Hill, but continue walking almost to the Central Expressway. There is a small cul-de-sac to the right about 50m before you reach the expressway, so take that, go up the concrete steps (sometimes awkward with luggage !), and you are in the Hotel Re! carpark. Google Maps shows adequately where the Hotel Re! is located.

Having stayed at the Hotel Re!, I wouldn't consider another option at this point. I am most likely returning to Singapore in the middle of 2012, and I will again be booking at the Hotel Re! - I hope I get a suite again !

Room Tip: I have stayed on several floors of the hotel, and never encountered a problem in any room, except fo...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank PietroMorrizio
Hotel_Re_Singapore, Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Re!

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us in your previous visits. We will certainly share your breakfast experience with our F&B team for improvements.

Looking forward to see you soon!

Best Regards,

The Management
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Re!. I’m satisfied with this hotel during my vacation. The hotel price is not too expensive if we want to compare with what we got in this hotel. Once I entered the hotel, it was so impressed to look on their retro design.
I found the staffs to be fantastic and any issues about my reservations & rooms that needed addressing were rectified promptly by the front desk staff & duty manager.
The location is great as it is close to Outram MRT Station and some of Singapore most popular sights,
The gym & spa were also standout features of this hotel.
The rooms were a bit on the small side but quite functional.
Buffet breakfast could have been better but it was ok!
My problems were at second night where wifi was not reliable & I was disturbed by the loud noises which had been made by the engineering staffs in the evening (8-9.30 pm). They fixed or did maintenance on hotel hallway or ceilings.It was totally unpleasant.
Nothing great but not that bad either.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo