“A very unique Boutique Hotel that worth staying”
Review of Hotel Re!

Hotel Re!
Ranked #131 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 22, 2011

This unique boutique hotel located at the heart of Singapore Town Centre and yet away from the noisy business/commercial district. The location is very convenience to access to the CBD or shopping district. The hotel service was very friendly and the the room was also unique design and prepared. I will definitely stay in this hotel again. Thank you

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Tonyong1412
There are newer reviews for Hotel Re!

Reviewed May 22, 2011

i'm not sure why the other reviews depicted such a bad picture. i had a room upgrade and stayed in the Business Room, which was pretty big and comfortable. the sheets and toilet were clean and everything was very comfortable. the only downside is that the hotel is located at the top of the hill, which might make travelling there abit difficult. but a simple taxi ride from Outram MRT would cost very little. i liked that the hotel was abit reclusive - it made a relaxing and quiet stay away from the busy city centre, which could be reached in just 10mins. the massage and facial which came with the package was also great, but the spa centre is small, there's only one masseuse and one facial therapist, which might make the wait pretty long. overall though, it was pleasant and i enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed May 17, 2011

To get to the hotel from subway, it will needs 10mins uphill walk
and this could be a big problem when you have big luggage with you!

Inside the hotel is very nice design
Colorfull and modern small roomb
but when I was there, they still renovating it

I like all other aspect of this hotel except it's location
which most of the time i concerned most

Room Tip: 10mins uphill walk!
  • Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This is what i experienced,
Checked in late to the hotel, at the counter while the recept was attending to me,
phone rang , she answered n made me wait for her for like 5 mins. Got into the so called
executive suite, the room was really small for a suite. Wall papers starting to peel off from the wall. The room was super humid... Tv controller nowhere to be found. Called for help, they send up the tv controller n an engineer came to fix the aircon which later cause the false ceiling to have a huge crack. Told him to clean it up before he leaves. In his words " Tmrrow can? , housekeeping go home already n i got no broom". The next day, front desk called n confirmed with me a time at Re!fresh , their so called spa. only to get a call an hour later saying that they have to postpone my time due to them overlooking the appointment time. Got to the spa, only to have me wait for like 10 minutes more due to them have only 1 female therapist for my gf and that therapist was attending to someone.To summarise everything if u are thinking of hotel RE! for your future holiday or escape, forget it you'll have more fun at home.

Room Tip: Just forget it
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Stayed here for one night. Upon reaching the place, was quite impressed with the decor of the lobby.

Staff at the reception was not helpful, seemed edgy and was EXTREMELY rude. She picked up a call on the phone and talked while doing our reservation. When I wanted to clarify some things, her tone was simply uncalled for. I do not remember her name, I wished I did though so I could mention it here. Staffs generally DON'T smile and don't acknowledge you.

Rooms look like some budget/transit hotels. For an executive suite, it looked just like their superior room, only exception was that it had a bathtub. Disgusting view of rusty air conditioning vents out our window.

Food spread during breakfast buffet was ok. Only 2 staffs in the area, only 1 managed a smile at us. Took a long time to refill the food and clear the plates.

We booked the package RE Treat which comes with a massage session. Only 1 could converse in English (like seriously) and others kept conversing in Mandarin to us. Massage was horrible, I don't feel relaxed, and at one point, I know they switched the masseuse for me, hands felt different. The other one, the lady, went to do some manicure on another guest.

Huge disappointment though so much hype has been on this hotel in the media and all. Don't go, or you will RE-GRET!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ILoveUnicorns
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Where can I start,when we arrived we were made to sign a declararation that we would not smoke in the room & not bring in some local fruit.On arrivingin ourtiny room it stunk of cig. smoke.Wecalled reception who sent up the maid whocould not smell thecig.smoke or so she claimed. Therooms are really tiny,not recommended for couples only single.In our 5 day stay sheets only changed once! No curtains in room only cheap roll up blinds that let the light in through the gaps at 7 AM! Some towels & our once changed sheets had yellow stains on them.The location is really very inconvenient on top of a hill far from anything.And the rate is very expensive for what it is.I also never heard of a 4 star hotel with NO POOL!!Dont stay here!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This is a themed hotel - think 'Austin Powers' meets 'Boogie Nights'. Apart from the appalling decor, the place was not in a good state of repair - the finish was very cheap and quite run-down.

It is in a very 'local' area; China Town is within walking distance, but otherwise it is removed from the central tourist and business district (only about 5 minutes by car, but it was too far to walk given the surroundings - I attempted it once but didn't feel safe).

The staff mean well, and were friendly and helpful, but getting anything accomplished was an ordeal. Every time I called for room service, my call would be held from person to person and placed on hold for so long that I would have to hang up and start all over again. One morning, they got my room service order wrong 3 times when all I wanted was 2 slices of brown toast with jam and a small plate of fruit - then they charged me S$27 for it. When I checked out, I was in a hurry to get to the airport and asked for a porter to help with my large suitcases. 3 calls and 15 minutes later, I gave up and took them down myself.

Due to the nature of my business trip (Singapore-KL-Singapore), I had the misfortune of being booked in this hotel twice in one week. I tried to cancel my booking for the latter half of the stay, but agoda.com charged twice the nightly rate as a cancellation fee (don't get me started). Both times, I requested a double room but was placed in a twin room with 2 single beds which could not even be pushed together. What baffled me was that both rooms I stayed in each had a 40 inch flat-screen Panasonic TV - assuming this was the case in all the rooms, I wonder if the money could not have been better spent on refurbishing the whole place.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business