“Fantastic!”

Ranked #282 of 10,680 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little India
Description: "Whether you are out shopping, taking in local sights, on a family outing or working at Little India, Copper Chimney is the perfect place for a hearty lunch or dinner break! Especially if you love North Indian or Indian Chinese food you are in for a treat. We serve a wide variety of authentic as well as contemporary dishes in the bustling surroundings of Little India. Our ardent fans swear by our dishes like the Schezwan fried rice and Butter Chicken. Conveniently located on Syed Alwi road opposite Mustafa centre. Visit us today!" Copper Chimney Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Best Indian food we've had while travelling. Our waiter was lovely and very helpful. The restaurant was basic but looked very clean. We ordered daal, butter chicken, palak paneer, veg kofta and garlic naan. All were delicious. I don't eat chicken but the others were saying it was the best butter chicken they've ever had. Would highly recommend this place.

• Visited December 2013
abamboat, Owner at Copper Chimney, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your happy dining experience.

At Copper Chimney, we are committed to delivering good customer service. We are heartened by gestures of appreciation from customers like you, and have conveyed your compliments to the staff and to recognise the staff’s good performance accordingly.

We will continue to improve our service levels to meet the expectations of our customers.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“My last visit to this resturant”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The quality of food and taste are deteriorating on my every visit, may be they don't like me :-). I never wanted to go here at the first place but my friends insisted and like I every time I was disappointed. With my older experience of eating heavily spiced/tomato "Indo-Chinese food" I tried to go for something that every North Indian restaurant should do well - "Tandoori Chicken". I did get Tandoori Chicken but at least half of it burnt. It was mostly black on one side and on other the meaty part was having the burnt crunchy black flakes all around. Serving staff is too less for a restaurant having a seating capacity of 50+ (just guessing the no. +/- 10).

Chef needs to work hard to really rock this restaurant, it is right on the busy street and looks neat and really has the appetite to attract people but the food, essence of dining surely lacks .

• Visited October 2013
abamboat, Owner at Copper Chimney, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Mr V Suri,

I am shocked to see this review for our restaurant. Firstly, i would like to apologize on behalf our team to disappoint you for the food we have served.

We really work hard to serve the best food an provide the best service to our customers and then one such day comes and we get a bad review.

We have taken your review and feedback seriously and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Regards
Singapore, Singapore
“Food was either too salty or too sweet”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was highly recommended to try out by a friend - was sadly disappointed by the quality of food and was left nursing indigestion for the rest of the night. The Kheema was super salty, bhatura super sweet and the methi mutter was super sweet as well. The only thing that was dead on was the rice :)

I wondered if the chef/cook was actually tasting their food before it left the kitchen. I will not be going there anytime soon.

• Visited October 2013
abamboat, Owner at Copper Chimney, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Ms. Khatiyani,

Firstly I would like to apologize for your experience at our restaurant. I want to assure you that we have taken this review seriously and taken action on it.

I would like to know some more information about your visit and experience is it possible to reach you by phone or email ? You can reach me on adnan@aromaticfood.com.sg or 90685542.
Singapore, Singapore
“One of the few restaurants in Singapore which comes closest to taste from India”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

It is genuinely difficult to find non South Indian food in Singapore. Though very good local Indian food is available at hawker centers and various chains like Apollo Leaf, Gayatri, Samy's Curry, to find decent North Indian and Indian Chinese food is a struggle. That is where Copper Chimney comes to rescue. All the dishes, while not excellent are close to authentic. The biryani is actually made on dum & the naan is not roti prata dough shaped in oval.
Just a pity that they keep on shelving some of our favourite items from menu like Murg Mumtaz & Darsaan. But the recent addition of Lychee Kulfi is excellent. My kids love this place enough to visit at least once in 3 months. So far nothing that we have tasted is negative. A perfect end to shopping spree at Mustafa.

• Visited September 2013
abamboat, Owner at Copper Chimney, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Ms Alpana,

Thank you so much for the review. We are striving to be the best north indian restaurant in Singapore. Also your comments are well noted and we will definitely keep in mind the murg mumtaz and darsaan as additions to our menu.

Looking forward to seeing and serving you and your family agian soon.

Gurgaon
“Shocked”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

If someone knows North Indian food on Syed Alwi Road then those are Copper Chimney people. We ate there in July and had one of the best meals in Singapore (we had tried 4 more restaurants on same road and it was our second last day there). They were a bit costly than others at SGD 20 per person but the food was good and we had a hearty meal there. Not sure about other cuisines but North Indian good is of best quality (we ate that only) .

Shocked to see them at 900+ Rank on TripAdvisor. It seems I need to explore more restaurants on my next trip. Will keep you posted when I do that.

• Visited July 2013
abamboat, Owner at Copper Chimney, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello Nitin

Thank you very much for the review.

Your kind words and feedback is much appreciated.

We are working towards improving our ranking :-)

Hope to see you soon