“Excellent where it counted”

Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
Ranked #35 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Kent UK
“Excellent where it counted”
Reviewed March 27, 2010

This was our second one night stop in Singapore to break up a long haul flight from New Zealand to London. Previously we had taken courtesy bus into Singapore city but on this occasion decided to stay at Crowne Plaza in Changi Airport. The hotel was ridiculously easy to find and only fifty yards from the Singapore airlines arrivals gate. This compared
very favourably to our previous night stop where we felt we wasted too much time travelling into town. The check in was swift and professional, our room which catered easily for an adult couple travelling with their adult daughter was spacious, and beautifully presented. We were there early enough to take a swim in the excellent pool which was a joy after a nine hour flight. Couldn't face the evening buffet on offer, although it looked very good indeed. Chose to sit in one of the hotel bars, but Rap music
very loud was not to our taste so we decided on club sandwich room service option. Pretty disappointing really, much better on offer in Changi airport at half the price.
Beds were firm, but had a very good night's sleep, excellent pillows. The staff were superb whenever we came across them, friendly and helpful, absolutely first class.
Next morning we used the gym before a very good buffet breakfast and then checked out. The added bonus on check out was being able to leave luggage at Singapore Airlines check out inside the hotel. Everything went so smoothly. Changi airport is first class and i enjoyed the free wi-fi and felt very relaxed on boarding.
For a one night stop over this was a perfect solution for our family

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank swiftfrank

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
teaneck
Reviewed March 25, 2010

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza on our trip into and out of Indonesia. It is a 5 minute trip by Skytrain from the baggage claim areas. The rooms are comfortable though our room had too much A/C something I thought I would never complain about. The room service was efficient and we had a pizza in the room 1 night for $21 with tax/service. A little high but good and convenient. The AZZA dining room was very good for lunch but expensive, $34 for 2 with nothing fancy but very good, Their Chinese restaurant was very stuufy and while the food was good but no better 2 entrees and 2 glasses of wine (3 oz. oer glas I was very unhappy with the amount for $6USD) cost $52 with tax/service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stank
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Very convenient.Good outdoor pool.Good service,even a welcome card from the General Manager!.
Well designed room.
Breakfast food quality could be higher.
" Prioity Club Rewards" membership available.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank f2s
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Stayed here two nights before flying back to US. Expensive, but the rooms are so nice and we stayed in one right off the pool. Pool is beautful,clean and tropical. Hotel was great however front staff not at all friendly. Hotel charges 15.00 singapore for 15 minutes on internet and also charges for printing copies. The hotel is attached to Terminal 3 and you could go shopping. visit grocery store and food cout on bottom level. Visit the information desk and show your passport for 6 hours of free wifi. Not a hotel for your vacation in Singapore but a great hotel for overnight or transit. Needs people skills eork at front desk but business center and cleaning staff were most gracious. Very expensive

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank tigerpaws
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I stayed one night in this hotel. I arrived early from Bangkok (around 11am), and despite my request of an early check in, there were no rooms available. Never mind. This can always happen. So, I checked anyway in, just needing to collect my key on the way back from the show I was attending (btw, the expo is really next door). I left my luggage at the concierge. I took out all my valuables, leaving in just a travelling wallet with inside some flight documents, my driving license, and few dollars. And also the keys of my house.
When I got back I collected the bag, not even thinking to check that everything was inside. Only the following morning (early wake up to take a flight to MAlaysia), I discovered somebody took out the wallet. I am not complaining about what's happened, as it is my fault to leave something inside. I am just complaining about the attitude of the manager. He just recorded what's happened. No big excuses, or at least sympathy... He asked my e mail address to let me know the result of the investigations..... And I did not here anything from them. Not even an e mail saying we are sorry for what's happened.
I repeat: no complains about the hotel; no complains about somebody stealing something from my bag (even if this should really not happen in this kind of hotels). I have just a bad taste in my mouth for the way in which I have been treated.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank Alex R
Darwin
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I decided to stay here rather than taxi into town, as I had a 18-hour overnight transit. I had read good and bad reviews, but have to say my experience was first class. The staff were efficient and friendly. They checked my flight-time for the following day and gave me a 1pm check-out to match the check-in for that flight. The king-bed room was 4-5 star, and faultless. On the third floor I couldn’t hear the planes that others complained of. The bar and restaurants are fairly expensive, but that aside, it was all hard to fault. And the ‘Healthy Breakfast’ is superb!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on stopover to Perth. Flight arrived very early-8am and there wasno hassle getting an early check-in. Very modern beautifully decorates spacious hotel. Rooms were likewise.Fabulous bathroom-the best Ive seen in hotels. Huge rooms. Ate both nights at the hotel restaurant-lovely buffet choice. No fault whatsoever.Very short walk from terminal and train into the city. Very happy:)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple