“Great way to relax before flying out”

Ranked #33 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Liberia, Costa Rica
“Great way to relax before flying out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel is perfect for getting the rest you need prior to in my case a long trip back to Costa Rica. The only problem I had was the TV didn't work when I got there but it was fixed very fast by the staff. Rooms were clean well laid out and comfortable. Best part is that it is connected to the terminal so you walk out of the lobby to check into your flight.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away form the runway. Unless you love watching,hearing and feeling planes take off...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear puravidasteve,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport and we appreciate the time you've spent sharing with us your feedback on your stay. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will work harder on presenting a better guest experience.

I'm sorry that the tv in your room was not working when you arrived. Nevertheless, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good rest. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore.

Best Regards,
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night as we were getting in late into Singapore and wanted somewhere convenient. Certainly was that. Easy to get to and find with airbridge from the terminal and very near the skytrain stop if coming from other terminals. Got a large room with two double beds which was fine for one ngiht with family so didnt have to sort cots etc with some hotels not always on the ball with those. Staff were very friendly and efficient considering it was very late. Beds were very firm. Had an odd bathroom with a see through glass wall which you need to lower a blind if you dont want to be on view from the room. Nice swimming pool. But not cheap for the convenience.

Also a couple of places just in the airport terminal near the entrance to the hotel that do breakfast if you dont want to pay the extortionate hotel rates.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JSCAuckland
Dear JSCAuckland,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Crowne Plaza Changi Airport! We are pleased to hear that you had a good rest after landing in Singapore quite late.

We are glad you were able to benefit from the accessibility of the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to Singapore.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

In August '13 I was en route back to Fort Lauderdale from Jakarta after being on the road for 3 months. I missed my flight in Jakarta and therefore my connecting flight to Newark, despite a 04:00 start.

By the time I got to Singapore I was drained and still had 8 hrs before my flight.

I decided to check into an airport hotel and relax. The hotel s lined to Terminal 3 so really convenient. Hotel checkout to airline check in less than 5 minutes.

The room was very spacious and very well laid out, great bathroom and especially bath.

Service was excellent.

Prices reasonable. Highly recommend this option if you have a long transit or an early flight.

On constructive criticism - though they mean well by phoning 20 minutes after you have asked for something (eg Express laundry pickup) most people in a day room at an express hotel will be trying to catch up on sleep, and therefore just dosing off, only to be Owen y your well meaning call.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Terry G,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport and for providing us with your valuable feedback on your stay.

I'm glad that we managed to help provide you with a great place to rest before continuing on your journey. I'm also pleased to hear that you loved your spacious room and enjoyed the bath.

Thank you for your feedback on the phone back by our staff. We'll definitely look into that and see how we can provide a better experience for all our guests without affecting their time to rest and rejuvenate.

We appreciate the time you've taken to leave your comments and we hope to see you on your next stopover or visit to Singapore.

Sunshine Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very very convenient and comfortable; excellent location.
The staff were very friendly. Great breakfast and food options.
A great place to stay and regroup before another day of travel.
A good option when stopping over and would be happy to recommend to others.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Donna535,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. I'm pleased to hear that you loved our comfortable rooms and great location!

We are always striving to present all our guests with great service and we are glad that you had a restful and rejuvenating stay with us.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Singapore!

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Good experience and friendly staff. Rooms were very clean and modern. Food was excellent and lots to choose from. Being at the airport is a bonus cause everything is right there on the tvs showing flight info in the lobby

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Ryan D,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We appreciate the time you've taken to share about your experience with us.

I will surely forward your compliments to our service teams and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in your guest room which you found clean and modern.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Cheers,
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way home from three weeks touring Asia. It was great to just walk from the airport into the Hotel. The room was beautiful and most importantly the bed was very comfortable. We have stayed in quite a few Hotels in Singapore and this has to be the most comfortable room we have every had! The buffet breakfast was also good and the staff friendly and helpful. Definately would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisafromwa
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Lisafromwa,

Thank you for your positive review of your experience at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We appreciate the time you've taken to share your feedback with us.

I'm very happy to hear that you had a restful stay with us and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering, rooms and accessibility. Thank you very much for recommending us to other travellers!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should your travels bring you back to Singapore.

London, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hotel chosen out of necessity due to late arrival into Singapore, early morning departure and the Transit hotel being full. That said, I had wanted to try this hotel ever since it was built.

I travelled with my family, 2 adults + 3 children. I am continuously dumbfounded by many hotels inability to understand the requirements of families of 5, and this hotel gave the worst possible example I have witnessed.

The 2 most important things for us when we book a hotel is 1) stress-free (those travellling with young kids will understand that is stress enough), and 2) room layout. This hotel failed dismally at both of these.

I first consulted the hotel's website to both look at room layouts and then book, however the website is beyond poor at giving such information. Then, trying to avoid the normally clueless central reservations teams, I phoned the hotel direct to get such information, however no one was on hand to help despite me explaining my basic request. Instead they put me through to central reservations. After 30mins of predictably clueless service that I could spend a further 2 paragraphs on, I was told that we would end up with 2 interconnecting rooms, both with a 2 double beds (but that could not be guaranteed) and a foldaway bed. I was not confident this would be what we would end up with, which increased stress levels. A few days before staying I was called by the hotel directly to say that they could now only offer interconnecting rooms, 1 with a king bed, the other would be 2 double beds (but that could not be guaranteed) and a foldaway bed. On arrival at the hotel, we were told that the layout of the interconnecting rooms at the hotel was for both the have king beds (which does seem odd as I would have thought it was mostly families that demand these). Such a layout with an extra foldaway bed would have been OK, not great, if I had some degree of confidence that that was indeed the layout.

From this point the hotel excelled. Because of the confusion they upgraded us to the what seemed the possible rooms in the hotel. And the hotel room was magnificent, the ease of access to the airport, the concierge service. Would have loved to spend more than the 8hrs we had, since the facilities looked great, as was the room layout.

Room Tip: Don't ask the central reservations team for room layouts and pary that you get through to someon...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear LuckyLooch,

Thank you for your honest feedback on your experience with Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We are truly appreciative of the time you have spent on writing your review and would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.

I have alerted my management team to the poor booking experience you had and information available on the hotel. Our local reservations office is open from 8.00am - 6.00pm from Mondays to Fridays and 9.00am - 6.00pm on Saturdays, Singapore Time. It is closed on Public Holidays and Sundays. Should you wish to contact our reservations directly for enquiries or for clarifications, you may consider emailing our team at reservations@cpchangiairport.com and our team will respond within the next working day. Nevertheless, we are already working on improving our reservations guest experience and would love to find out more details. I'd like to invite you to email us at carrie.sim@ihg.com with more information on your stay.

I'm pleased to hear that despite the hiccup during booking, you were able to enjoy your stay with us and I'm sure our team will be happy to know that you felt we excelled in all aspects from rooms to service.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back for a longer stay in future.

Cheers,