“Great modern hotel for an overnight stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport

Ranked #34 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Brighton
“Great modern hotel for an overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a "premier double room" for an overnight stopover before flying out to Bali the next morning.

Arrived late so we only spent a few hours here but it's definitely one of the best airport hotels I've stayed in. Obviously it's the location which makes the place (Entrance inside the terminal building) but it doesn't seem to rely on location alone to bring the guests in. Our room was very modern, large bathroom with glass partition from the bedroom. Comfy bed and met importantly it was very quiet considering it's located within one of the busiest airports in Asia!

Breakfast was good too, large buffet of western/ Asian dishes.

Weren't here long enough to give it a 5 star rating but i would never consider staying elsewhere for a stopover at Changi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear johnmce1984,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport again. I'm pleased to hear that you found us a "great modern hotel for an overnight stay".

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Singapore!

Cheers,
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (808)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Fabulous Hotel just past Immigration Exit Hall. Not cheap but well worth paying for on a room and breakfast deal if you are in Transit and the Ambassador Transit Hotels are full. Beautiful large room with huge flat screen HD TV and fabulous bathroom with full size bath. Nice long hallway entrance. Staff were wonderful and the food breakfast buffet was first class. Definitely will be staying again on route to Manila.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear David W,

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very appreciative of the time you've taken to share about your experience with others on TripAdvisor.

We'll continue to work hard and provide great services and facilities for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back when you're on route to Manila!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wonderful, well appointed room, great room service and a lovely rest on a long journey. Much better than staying at the transit hotel and worth it even if you are staying only 12 hours for a great rest. Easy to find from the terminal. Quiet hotel and a quick check in! Unbelievable in an airport hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Fiona M,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport again. I'm pleased to hear that you loved our spacious, well-appointed rooms, great room service and accessibility.

Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I regularly stay at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport when traveling via Singapore. Rooms are well-appointed, comfortable, and quiet. The location is convenient to the airport, which is great if you have an early morning flight, and because the Singapore metro runs a line to the airport, it's also convenient to the city, even if you don't want to take a cab. I love the pool - it's probably one of my favorite places in the world. Both restaurants are excellent, so that even though Singapore is full of great restaurants, if I don't have time to go in to the city, I can still get a delicious meal. The Executive Club facilities are a nice plus, and make the stay that much more pleasant and convenient, with excellent wi-fi and lovely snacks during the daily cocktail hour. I agree with other reviewers that it is ridiculous and annoying of them to charge for internet access in the rooms, given the cost of the rooms and the quality of the hotel. However, according to the web site, if you are an IHG club member, that will change next year, which is about time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Fay W
Dear Fay W,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport again. I'm pleased to hear that you loved our spacious rooms, friendly staff, Executive Club facilities and great location!

We are always striving to present all our guests with great service and products and we'll take into consideration your feedback on our internet charges and WiFi. The hotel is currently upgrading our internet and we hope to present a better experience to all our guests soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed at hotel one night at end of vacation to catch early flight to UK. Wish we could have stayed longer, fantastic room, bathroom, bed and facilities. Reception, bar and restaurant people could not have been more helpful and friendly. How nice it was to wake and be in departure lounge in less than an hour!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Strudle54,

Thank you for the wonderful review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We appreciate your valuable feedback and will continue to work hard on creating a great hotel our guests love.

We would love to have you for a longer stay. I'm glad that you loved your room, bathroom, bed and facilities. Our service staff will be pleased to hear that you found them helpful and friendly.

We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stopover or trip top Singapore!

Cheers,
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel and it is very nice. The rooms are attractive and well designed with the traveler's comfort in mind. There was a problem with my reservation--the US person who booked my saw I was arriving on Aug 15 and booked my stay accordingly. Sadly I my time of arrival was just after midnight and when I landed a half hour early, it was still the 14th. The reception staff was very nice, but the hotel and the others nearby were fully booked. They did as much as they could to help me--arranging an early check in and suggesting that I return when their club floor opened, have breakfast and wait for a room. I very pleased with this idea. It was hard to sit in the airport for over 6 hours but at least I was able to have an early breakfast and check in to my room around 8:00 am Kudos to the reception staff. The location is great--and it is a short walk to a large food court in the airport and many shops as well. I have read the many comments on the internet and I must say I had no problems with the speed and ease of connection. Since I know from personal experience that you can get 6 hours of free wi fi at the airport only steps away, the $ Singaport 29 does seem high. That being said, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I was in room 942 and was not bothered by airplane noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Coco21,

Thank you for your wonderful five-star rating of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We can't thank you enough for your kind words and heartening compliments.

We will continue working hard to deliver the same level of service or better to all our guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

There was nothing more awesome than getting out of customs, and finding yourself in your hotel in a manner of minutes. Especially at 10:30pm after a flight from Sydney. The staff were wonderful, made it a breezy process and the room was spacious and best of all the shower was perfect. My partner and I stayed for two nights. The train and the taxi into the city were both easily accessed and fine to use. If we were staying longer, I would want to be closer, but as a short term transit stay, I would definitely come back to this hotel.

My two small issues were these: $29 for every 24 hours of Internet. When you're already paying so much, it seems really nasty to add an extra cost as steep as that. Especially when cheaper hotels in the city have it for free.

The other was my partner and I had coffee and cake in their cafe. Well, I had tea. I had the very same tea I cold have made in my room for free, yet I paid $8 for the privilege. For an $8 cuppa I would expect a premium blend, loose leaf... Not pickwicks.

Those aren't big enough deterrents for me not to go back again, mind. It is a pretty nice hotel and the convenience is hard to pass by.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple