“Excellent airport hotel”

Ranked #35 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent airport hotel”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is an excellent airport hotel. Located within terminal 3, only a few minutes from the Immigration exit. Rooms are large and spacious, with excellent storage space, large bathrooms. there is minimal noise from the adjacent runway and sleep quality is excellent.

The only nuisance is that the hotel is/feels partially open which can be unpleasant when raining or in extremely hot weather when walking from room to the elevator.

there is an excellent food court in T3 which I would recommend over the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Faded78,

Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We appreciate the time you've taken to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms large and spacious and were able to have a restful nights sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore.

Crowne Plaza Changi Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had the most horrendous experience at this hotel!! A stranger actually entered my room at 01.30 am!! I am a female who was staying alone in the room. I woke to the sound of the door opening. Someone came in then left quickly. 5 minutes later I had a call from a Nadine in reception asking has someone tried to enter my room. She apologised saying they had no record of me checking in. How could this be because when I called room service earlier that evening they knew my name?!?! This Nadine then asked if there was anything they could offer me that I don't already have such as breakfast. I accepted breakfast, not sure why because I knew I wouldn't have it!! After the initial shock had hit me I suddenly get very scared! I wanted to Face Time home but I had no wifi in the room. I called this Nadine who had then apparently 'knocked off for the night' but I was given the wifi an assured that this would not happen again. I DID NOT SLEEP A WINK ALL NIGHT BECAUSE I WAS SO SCARED!!!

You have a lovely hotel Crowne Plaza - but your security STINKS!!! SINGLE FEMALES SHOULD NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank BeautyTravels
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear BeautyTravels,

Thank you for your frank and honest feedback on your experience with Crowne Plaza Changi Airport.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the negative experience during your recent stay with us. Please be assured that this is an isolated incident and we have conducted an internal investigation. We have also in place preventive measures to ensure this does not happen again.

I also understand that our Managers has been in touch to share information and details of the investigation with you both in person and via email. However, should you require a more detailed explanation, we would like to provide you with the explanation and investigation outcome via phone again.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback. We take your feedback very seriously and should you would like to get in touch, please do not hesitate to email me at carrie.sim@ihg.com.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel! Its not so close to the city but well connected. There are many airport shops if you need anything. Hotel is very interesting and well designed, lots of greenery and great swimming pool!!! Food is ok, little expensive so you can always eat at the airport restaurants or in the city. What makes it so special is that one feels at home.
Looking forward to staying there tomorrow :)))

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Shadowgirl1,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport!

I'm pleased to hear that you felt "at home" while staying with us and that you were able to benefit from our comfortable rooms, seamless connectivity and proximity to Changi Airport Terminal 3.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Singapore!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year and just recently stayed again but chose a Club room. The room itself was the same our previous stay with first class amenities, however it was situated to the side of the airport runway which made it quieter for sleeping. The Club room also allows you access to the club bar which provides internet access, meeting areas and a happy hour package for two hours that includes wines, cocktails, beers etc. and lovely tasting foods. Along with this is full buffet breakfast in the morning. This type of room is well worth it as firstly there is only Wi-Fi available in the Club bar and not in your room, we found the food enough for us for a light dinner followed by a hearty breakfast in the morning and of course all this located by the picturesque pool.

Room Tip: Choose a Club Room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PandanBear,

Thank you choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport! We really appreciate the time you've taken to write this review on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad you enjoyed the facilities and amenities that came with your club room. We're so pleased to see that you found our club rooms a great value for money and had an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and for your recommendations to other travellers. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Singapore!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

A very modern hotel that is perfect if you have a long stopover and don't want to stay in one of the transit hotels inside the terminals.

The hotel is right above the MRT station and so you can easily get around Singapore cheaply by train from the hotel. You will be in the city in around 30 minutes.

The bars and restaurants are good and the pool is as good as you would find at many resort hotels. Because Singapore is so accessible from the hotel by train, taxi or car, you could easily stay here for a few days on your stopover rather than taking your heavy luggage into town with you.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank matthew f
Dear matthew f,

Thank you for the wonderful review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We're pleased to hear that you had an amazing stay with us.

It is such a compliment that you consider us 'one of the best airport hotels around' and we will continue working hard on presenting this same experience to all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stopover or trip to Singapore.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here twice at the start and end of our trip. For transiting the location is excellent (after clearing customs and immigration on arrival) with a short train shuttle from Terminals 1 or 2. The entrance is right next to the Terminal 3 stop. The room on both occasions was superb. Very clean with contemporary furnishings and comfortable bed and moderately spacious with a generous late checkout time. It is very quiet despite the airport location. The reception staff and housekeeping were very efficient and courteous. We did a day trip into Singapore and we were able to leave our luggage in a securely locked room after we checked out at no extra charge. The only negative is the very expensive internet access (which is otherwise free elsewhere in the terminal areas). The hotel can be highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear fitzrovians,

I'm pleased to hear that you were impressed with the hotel and had a relaxing stay with us. Thank you for your detailed review. We are very appreciative of the time you've taken to share about your experience with others on TripAdvisor.

We'll continue to work hard and provide a great services and facilities for our guests and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Singapore.

Best Regards,
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here twice in May 2013 on a return business trip between France and Australia. The Crowne Plaza Changi Airport was an excellent choice for an overnight stop-over in Singapore between Marseilles (via Frankfurt) and Sydney. I have found SIngapore hotels to be increasingly expensive in the past 10 years and if paying for flights myself tend to stopover elsewhere in South East Asia, mainly in Malaysia. However, as this was an externally funded business trip, I was happy to stay here (Singapore offered the most convenient route between Marseilles, Frankfurt and Sydney).

The first night's stay here was superb. After a long 13 hour flight from Europe (and longer travelling considering I had left Aix-en-Provence earlier in the day before) the hotel, with direct access to and from Terminal 3 beckoned as a luxurious oasis in which to sleep for the night. However, before going to bed I had a swim in their marvelous pool. It is the best hotel swimming pool I have ever swam in. Designed in the style of a jungle themed sparkling tropical spring, the hotel somehow keeps the water refreshingly cool, as if it's "air (or water) conditioned"! A number of other hotel pools I have swam in in countries at this latitude have often been luke warm and have on occasion reeked of chlorine. Not so the pool at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. It was cool and inviting, shaded by palms and fragant frangipani trees! Totally relaxing after the long flight to Europe. After my swim I had a deep long bath (great bath tubs in the rooms) and then ordered room service, a delicious nasi goreng, which was quite well priced. After that I had a wonderful sleep in the hotel's luxurious beds, which are huge and fitted with fine cotton sheets and inviting duvets. I awoke the next morning fully refreshed for my onward flight to Sydney without any hint of jet-lag at all.

My second stay at this hotel was four days later on the way back to France. The second stay was not as enjoyable as my first. I was given a room on the eight floor, the bathroom door was a bit wobbly and slightly rusty around the edges. I assumed there was an iron in the wardrobe (as there was the first time I stayed), but when I opened it the next morning it was missing. It took ages for a replacement iron to be sent up to my room. The time it took (with staff on reception initially insisting there was an iron in my room, but none was to be found) to deliver an iron (which I needed as none of my clothes were wearable in the crinkled state they were in after the flight from Sydney), and by the time it arrived it was too late for me to go down to the pool and enjoy a morning swim in time for check-out. The replacement iron that did arrive had dirty water inside which was only discovered as I applied to my first shirt which it subsequently stained (not permanent) and so I had to start again on another shirt to wear. It's not really what you expect in a hotel that caters to business travellers.

Overall however, this was only a minor glitch in what was a very comfortable stay. The rooms are spacious and relaxing, the pool gorgeous and the breakfasts are totally amazing, offering American, European, South East Asian and Indian cuisine with great coffee and juices. On my second stay I tried a little bit of everything at breakfast - delicious! Another part of the service of this hotel that I liked was the fact that they offered me a choice of a paying a cash deposit or a credit card to cover incidental expenses during my stay. I paid cash. I really don't like it when your credit card is grabbed at check-in, swiped or inserted into a machine and then you're told that hundreds of dollars have been placed on "hold" to cover incidentals before you know it, only to discover you don't have access to them for up 5 days once you check out! I know this is standard practice in large hotel chains (which is one of the reasons why I tend to avoid large hotel chains in favour of small boutique hotels, guest houses and B&Bs if I can), but it didn't happen at the Crowne Plaza. I really appreciated been given the option of using my credit card or cash to secure my room, before handing either over! The Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is a fantastic and convenient stop over hotel in Singapore and well recommended as a place to relax, rest and unwind between long-haul flights. I could of easily stayed here for 2 nights both ways, rather than just one, and would definitely stay again if transiting through the Lion City.

Room Tip: If you like swimming, rooms on the third floor have direct or close-by access to the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Horizon_The_Island,

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback is valuable to us and we appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to hear that found Crowne Plaza Changi Airport convenient and accessible and on your first stay with us was able to completely enjoy our facilities (including our beautiful pool) and your comfortable room.

I will definitely forward your feedback on the dirty water found in your iron to my housekeeping department and ensure that this incident will not happen again. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you during your stay and I am very appreciative of your understanding and patience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again. Should you wish to get in touch with us with further feedback on your stay, please feel free to contact us at carrie.sim@ihg.com. Thank you!

Cheers,