“One of the nicest airport hotels I have been at !”

Ranked #33 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is in the airport and if you have a short layover this is the place to stay.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful at check in and everyone spoke fluent English. The room rates were what I think is average (expensive) for Singapore in general. The room air conditioning worked very well and I was able to get my room as cold as I wanted.
There was a clothes iron and ironing board, a tea/coffee set and hot water pot, and a small safe in the room. This is something very nice that I think all hotels should offer. There was also hard wire and wireless Internet in the rooms – although in my room the wireless signal was not very strong. Overall the room was comfortable and clean. The bed mattress was firm. There were strategically placed full length mirrors in the room and bathroom which made the room look bigger than it was – which is already fairly large. I’m a bathroom snob and this is where some hotels loose me. However this hotel’s bathroom was fairly large, clean, and had a walk in shower (big enough for two), which I love. There was also a standalone bath tub.

There were a couple of complimentary bottles of water in my room as well as a fresh bowl of fruit. I am not sure if this is for all guests, or if it was because I am a Priority Club Platinum level member. Speaking of Priority Club Platinum level membership benefits, there was no room upgrade available due to the hotel being booked full. However I did ask about free internet access and was told that there would be no charge, otherwise there is a 29 SGD daily fee.

The restaurant in the hotel offered a very nice breakfast buffet. All the food was fresh and delicious. There was a bit of everything, American / European and traditional Chinese / Malay style foods. I think even a picky eater will find something they would love here. I give the quality of the food a solid excellent. The fresh fruit was exceptionally good. And I thought the glutinous rice (sticky rice) with chicken was as good as any I have ever eaten. On a side note, I like coffee and for some reason the coffee with my breakfast did not taste as good as I thought it should have, it was really bitter. Overall the restaurant’s food quality is excellent and I would eat there any day.

The outside swimming pool was as large or larger than any airport hotel I have ever seen. It was really nice and not your traditional rectangle. It had small “islands” with trees in it inside the pool for some great shade in the summer. There were also numerous chaise lounges around the outside of the pool so it’s very easy to sunbath and just relax.

Room Tip: I'm not sure with this hotel being at the airport that they have "Quiet" rooms but I w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear robhummer,

Thank you for your wonderful five-star review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

As an airport hotel, we strive to provide our guests get the restoration they need to travel for success. I'm very delighted to hear that you were able to benefit from our comfortable rooms, seamless connectivity and proximity to Changi Airport Terminal 3 to rest and relax before your flight.

I'm glad you found our our level of service great and rooms comfortable during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next stopover in Singapore!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

To start with this hotel is beautiful. The rooms are immaculate as you expect in Singapore. The breakfast is also amazing. But if you are just transiting and staying there for 1 night it's is a Hassle to go through immigration. There is nothing wrong with the hotel it's self but next time for me when just transiting I will stay at the transit hotel which is inside the terminal and you don't have to go through immigration so will save 40 mins plus standing in line when I'm tired.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Australian_Skye,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We appreciate the time you've taken to share your honest feedback on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are thrilled to hear that you found your room comfortable and breakfast great.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel could not be more perfectly located if you're transiting through Changi or need to stay somewhere close to the airport. It's an easy 30 minute train ride into the city, and you're literally connected to the airport terminal for easy access. From your room and to your gate in about 30 minutes. The rooms are spacious, and the suites are fantastic.

The downside is the price. I know you're paying for convenience, but the hotel runs $200-300, depending on when you're there. And that did not include breakfast or wifi. It's a truly great hotel, but it seems like you should get a little more for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for something overlooking the airport!

Dear mikeh141,

Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your honest feedback regarding our price point and will work harder on delivering better value for money to our guests to improve on the overall stay experience.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The room was prebooked by our embassy- check in was a breeze and service was great
I love the design of the hotel, the friendly open-air corridor.
Rooms are very very spacious, beautifully designed and beds very comfortable. However pillow was of the loosely-stuffed variety and not really comfortable. Toilet was great and modern- both in-shower and tub with blinds that you can opt to let down for privacy. Doors were heavy and soundproof. Everything was good except no complimentary wifi. In this day and age in a luxry hotel and further more in singapore, i was surprised!

Technically its outside the airport building but within Changi area so you need to go through immigration and grab your luggage. There's a connecting walkway/hall-like short walk on both ground floor and first floor that gets you into terminal 3 of changi so its very convenient.

Breakfast buffet- you are spoilt for choice and overall food was good.

We had an early flight and reception called us as part of the wake-up service. 5minutes they called again to make sure we were up- that was good.

Checkout again a breeze. However for the room prices i wasnt sure its was value for money.

Dear sharreb,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport and sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We appreciate the time you've taken to give us your feedback on the internet connectivity and will work harder to give our guests a better experience. Your feedback will be forwarded to the relevant departments for their further action.

We hope to see you again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed for night as almost everybody else. Really easy to access once you find the right terminal. Very close to the subway platform so very easy to access Singapore.

Rooms were very nice and spacious. Check-in and check-out were quite easy. A bit too expensive for my taste but all the nice hotels in Singapore seems to be at the same level.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mosqito,

Thank you for your honest review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We appreciate the time you've taken to share about your experience with the hotel on TripAdvisor.

We understand your concerns about our price point and will look into ways to deliver more value to our guests to improve the guest experience.

Thank you for your detailed and candid feedback once again and we hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Quite simply .. Stay here !!

From Airport Arrival (level 1) Walk right to the end of the longish Corridor.
Here you will check in. The staff are GREAT!! and understand guests that have arrived on a long Flight.
Can recommend room 701

Room Tip: Room 701. overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear djbell186338,

Thank you for choosing choose Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. I really appreciate the time you've taken to write this detailed review of your wonderful stay at the hotel on TripAdvisor.

Thank you again for your support and for recommending us to other travellers. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back again on your next stopover in Singapore!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Lovely room, comfortable bed and linens. Staff very helpful and well informed. Had a flight at 5am, so easy to get to airport. MRT is right at the airport so you can go anywhere. Arrived at 10 am and had room in about 40 min. Thought 30 SD was a lot for Internet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple