Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Singapore
from $82.00
from $31.02
from $111.85
from $14.91
More Info
All reviews white houses walking tour white house tour fascinating stories jewish sites architecture tour fabulous tour colonial life chef marcus comfortable vehicle font of knowledge customized tour deep knowledge knowledgeable guides highly recommend this tour past and present visited singapore many times
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2019

What a lovely morning I had! As an expat in Singapore I am interested in learning more about the history of the places where I now live and this morning I learned so much about the Emerald Hill area close to Orchard Road. It was so interesting to learn about those shophouses and visit a couple of them! Catalina with Jane Tour offered us a very informative and pleasant view of Singapore's heritage. I had a clear impression of an organized, knowledgeable and serious company and I will definitely book more tours with them! Highliy recommend. Thank you!

Date of experience: May 2019
janesSGtours, Owner at Jane's SG Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Thank you so much for your warm and much appreciated words!
So glad you enjoyed the tour of Emerald Hill, such a special enclave. And Catalina is such a passionate & knowledgeable guide.
We look forward to seeing you on more of our tours.
Warm regards, Jane (& Catalina !)

Reviewed May 14, 2019

We wanted to explore more of the hidden side of Singapore and this tour fulfilled that requirement. We thorough enjoyed our tour with the 10 other participates, who were friendly and the morning went very fast. Ed our guide was so knowledgable and was well able to answer all our questions. The pace of the tour was fantastic. Despite having to walk uphill, we stopped frequently and the forest was cool. I could have walked the path by myself but without Ed but I would have found it dull and uninteresting as there were no information boards and I wouldn't have appreciated what I was seeing. Great morning. I would definitely be keen to do another nature walk with Jane's Tours. It was also nice meeting Jane and she added even more to the tour with her comments.

Date of experience: May 2019
janesSGtours, Owner at Jane's SG Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Thanks so much for your warm & positive feedback for Ed’s Bukit Timah Nature walk, much appreciated! I was delighted that I could also join you all, it was a lot of fun.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.
All the best, Jane
PS we’re running a Southern Ridges walk on June 7 in case you can make it.

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

We were fortunate to experience a private food tour organised by our expat friend through Jane’s Tours Singapore. Our guide Alice Goh was a gem and did everything possible to make the day memorable, cultural and delicious. Alice gave the five of us a great insight into Singaporean life and exposed us to many of the traditional dishes offered at hawker markets and specialty food stores. She was particularly caring to ensure all of our dietary requirements were met. We were very fortunate to see some different aspects of Singaporean life, architecture and history to boot. Thank you Alice and our driver Alvin, for making the day truly memorable.

Date of experience: April 2019
janesSGtours, Owner at Jane's SG Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Im delighted that you had such a good time with Alice who is indeed a passionate and knowledgeable guide. I will ensure your kind words are shared with her.
Look forward to seeing you back in Singapore and hopefully on more tours soon.
Best regards, Jane

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Jane Iyer offers unique visually stimulating tours with the knowledge and experience to give some depth and meaning to what you’re seeing. We like to holiday in Singapore at least once a year and we’ve done various tours in Singapore in the past, but once we found Jane in 2017 with her iconic B&W Houses tour, there is no comparison. A different tour with Jane is now a must-do each visit. This time we did two. The bicentennial architecture tour which was thoroughly enjoyable despite unseasonal torrential rain, plus a private bespoke tour. I emailed Jane when planning our trip and named a few off the beaten track places I wanted to see and Jane tailored a 3 hour tour around our interests to show us what we wanted to see, along with places we’d never heard of but tied in perfectly with our interests. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: April 2019

Dear Peter, thank you so much for your lovely review; it's always a real pleasure to see you back here in our small - but perfectly formed! - country. Look forward to your next visit.
Warmest, Jane

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

If you are going to Singapore and really want to see the country and understand the history, you need to contact Jane. We are pretty certain if there is anything Jane does not know then it is probably not worth knowing. And she takes you to places not in any guide book, she just seems to know everywhere. Fantastic to spend time with. Wendy and Melvin

1  Thank Thewaywarditerant
janesSGtours, Owner at Jane's SG Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2019

Thanks so much Wendy & Melvin,
It was a real pleasure to show you round our little red dot of a country & look forward to seeing you back here again soon - & for longer I hope (:
Warmest, Jane