“Hugely overpriced for what it is”
Review of Seah Street Deli - CLOSED

Seah Street Deli
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Hugely overpriced for what it is, and that is just a fairly average American styled food joint. I have no idea how southern fried chicken, a burger, and two beers came to $120, but it did.... I have had better chicken in greasy cafes in London.

You weren't even paying for good service. The waitress brought us our food before she brought us our drinks, she hadn't even brought us table water. And when I chased the beers, after we had nearly finished our food, she rolled her eyes at me as if I was hugely inconveniencing her.

I wouldn't recommend, and definitely wouldn't go back.

There are newer reviews for Seah Street Deli

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have stopped here when I wanted a snack but didn't want a formal sit-down meal. You can take the food out to the courtyard and eat there. Overall, the food is average. I think that if the same cafe was in a different location, it would not get as much business.

1  Thank Kat0425
Reviewed April 13, 2012

lunchtime is a good time over here at Raffles hotel, it serves good bread.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

If you want to enjoy the lovely architecture of the Raffles Hotel, I would suggest avoiding the Deli. The sandwiches are very expensive and their quality has gone down over the years. The coffee is SGD 9.50 a cup which is completely outpriced by Global and Singapore standards. Pity for an otherwise simple but different diner.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Having patronized the deli since I was a teenager, I was able to witness the transformation of the deli over 2 decades. I must say it was dissapointing.

I have no complaints about the portion of the food since they are served in "American" sizes. I also do not mind paying top dollar for the food since it comes in huge proportions and prepared by Raffles Hotel chefs.

What I am truly dissapointed is how the quality of food does not come on par with its Raffles branding. We ordered their Southern Fried chicken and for some blzzare reason, they persistently use frozen chicken, thus the frozen meat smell and taste. I say persistent because I had feedback to the chef about this some many years ago! They should take a leaf from Arnold's chicken....

Ordered their Calimari and frankly speaking, it was fishy with the batter falling off as we ate. So it was an experience of eating either the Calimari or the batter. The fish and chips was ok but wish the chips could have been thicker, u know, the English variety fried from freshly cut potatoes rather than those thin ones from the freeze bags.

One more thing, I ordered apple juice for my girl too. For $14, you would expect a fresh-juice variety. NO, it was the "Florida-natural" variety! What a rip-off!

We also had to ask twice for their traditional pickles, which was normally placed on the tables years ago. We realized they have shrunk in sizes and it seemed less "pickled".

All in all it was truly a dissapointing experience, and it will be years I will head back there again.