“Close to home”

Makansutra Glutton's Bay
Ranked #98 of 10,497 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood, Fast Food, Asian, Singaporean, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Surrounded by retro-inspired push-carts and offering a spectacular view of the Marina Bay skyline, this open-air, moon-lit food centre is a hotspot for visitors and the sleepless in Singapore.
Negros Island, Philippines
“Close to home”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I love food, unfortunately I can't tolerate milk (lactose intolerance) and can't eat spicy food (irritable bowel syndrome). So you can imagine my frustration when almost all the places I went to served spicy food. And I was also on tight budget in a very expensive city.

Went here on my second night in Singapore and instantly fell in love with the food. It's close to what we have in the Philippines, and affordable too. So if you're a Filipino, and around the Esplanade area at night, and too far away from Orchard (where Jollibee is), I suggest you check this place out. One serving of rice (the cheapest is 4SGD) is good for two people actually, even if they tell you it's good for one only. There's seafood, chicken, and pork kebabs here. Went there for the next two nights after our convention in Suntec Convention Center, it's only about three or four blocks away, walkable.

Esplanade is nearby, you can walk along the bay (wonderful view at night) and watch a concert along the bay (free), and walk a little further across the bridge to the Merlion (there's also the occasional light show or fireworks). The City Hall MRT station is a few minutes walk from hereon.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
norwich
“Disgusting. Awful. The worst food we had in Singapore”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

After the sublime murtabak at Zam Zams, the exquisite Tian Tian chicken rice and other delicacies at Maxwell Food Centre, as well as lots of other fabulous food in Singapore, we came here on the last night of our holiday and it was rotten.

The nasi goring was just wrong - too much belacan. The coconut wasn't fresh. Dirty fat had been used to cook the spring rolls and ayam goreng. The satay tasted ever so slightly of petrol. The only stall that wasn't disgusting was the chicken rice - and that was just OK.

Avoid like the plague because you might just catch it here...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank NorwichBeachbum
Brisbane, Australia
“Glutton for punishment”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I love Singapore for its food, more than any other city in the world, on my trips to Singapore I generally spend the entire trip eating in hawker centers and in this time I have never had a bad meal...that was until our party went to Gluttons Bay! It just seems like a hyped up westernized hawker center for people who prefer food on the bland side. We had 3 different dishes from 3 different stalls and all were very ordinary, this is very much contrary to the Singapore hawker cuisine I know and love. Not terrible, just not good.

Nice location, sure, but I'd rather sacrifice view for flavor and for that reason I can't recommend it.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Azure_Jon
Singapore, Singapore
“Great place to taste best of hawker fare ”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The plus point of this is the location and the fact that no stall serves bad or mediocre food. Everything is good & above. Personally, I have my own favourite hawker centers for individual dishes, but this remains the place I take overseas visitors for their sampling of local fare. Negative is the crowd on weekends which makes getting place a headache. But that does not stop the place being patronized by both tourists as well as locals.

Darlington, United Kingdom
“again food heaven...”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

like the maxwell road hawkers this one is got an upbit feeling as you have a nice views of the marina bay sands and other sights...
its not covered but they have huge umbrella to protect you either from the sun or rain.
had a brill time eating and there is also a stall that sells filipino foods if you fancy trying it....

Visited September 2013