“Large, mostly smoking, but free hot Milo!”

Marina Bay Sands Casino
Book In Advance
More Info
$84.35*
and up
Half-Day Best of Singapore Cycling Tour
Ranked #71 of 818 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: Marina Bay Sands is Asia’s most spectacular entertainment destination, located at the heart of Singapore’s CBD, with over 2,500 hotel rooms & suites, casino, restaurants, entertainment, meeting & exhibition facilities, theaters, luxurious shopping and the one & only Sands SkyPark, new experiences await you at every turn.
Los Angeles, California
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Large, mostly smoking, but free hot Milo!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

You need to bring your passport to get in for free as a foreigner. Locals have to pay, presumably to deter them from gambling, but I guess some love it enough that they are willing to fork over the fee.

I didn't think it was appropriate to take photos inside, so I don't have any pics of this place. Looks similar to Bellagio or any other large casino in Las Vegas though.

They have dispensers along the sides for free hot water, Chinese tea, coffee, and hot Milo, yum! I can't even count how many cups we downed because we were so cold from all the air-conditioning.

I'm not a huge gambler, so we just walked around to check out the surroundings and see how large the hands were. I'll occasionally play slots, but I couldn't find my favorite game--Wheel of Fortune.

I finally spied a few small banks along one side, but several of the machines were under repair. I did try my luck on another game, lost it all, and then gained it all back and then some. But it was a $0.02 machine, so even if you strike gold, your total winnings are still miniscule. But I see it as entertainment value for low stakes. It was fun to show my skeptical bf that slots could be fun by only playing $10 or $20. Hey, in Singapore, my winnings were enough to pay for a nice meal! :)

I didn't like how the ground floor was smoking, as it's always a bit annoying for non-smokers. But upstairs, the non-smoking section was just around the room in an O formation and didn't seem as impressive as the massive layout on the ground floor.

Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not just for gamblers!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The casino is beautiful. However, it is always very crowded. You have to go just for the experience, especially if you are a tourist cos you get to go in for free. The locals have to pay SDG$100 just to get in....

Visited June 2012
1 Thank dhar81
Brisbane
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“could not get in”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Apparently you have to bring your passports to play. I am sorry what tourist with a brain knowing its New Years Eve and they may have a bit to drink is going to bring their most important travel document with them to a casino?

Accent and skin colour wasn't enough to get past the rules. Not the staffs fault but apparently legislation.

From what I could see it looked like a large RSL inside.

Visited December 2012
Canberra, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hideous Place”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Now, I quite like casinos. They can be fun, drinking, music, people enjoying themselves and generally a pretty good atmosphere with the gambling of course. This place has nothing like that, it is purely about gambling. You cant seem to get a drink, there is zero area to chill out at a lounge and relax. I could only stand it for 20 minutes. I did win a few $$$ then hightaile dit out of there. You need your passport to get in as a foreginer but also seem to be checked at every opportunity. Hideous

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Sportz43
Singapore, Singapore
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Full of Smokes”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

First floor is the smoking area and the smoke tends to steam up to the second floor and above. The place lost its posh appearance that it once had when it first opened.

Visited August 2012