“The service was horrible”
Review of Earle Swensen - CLOSED

Earle Swensen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“The service was horrible”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I choose this restaurant because I was craving ice cream. It was busy with lots of families with children. I was seated quickly. The atmosphere is noisy and chaotic. I was dining alone and they put in a corner table where I think the staff promptly forgot me. It took about 10 minutes for someone to wait on me. I almost got up and left because I got the feeling the service was going to get worse from there. I regret not leaving at that point.

They eventually took my order and my food came relatively quickly. The salad bar was pretty good with a good selection. My entree was mediocre but I didn't pick this place for the food as much as I did for the ice cream. Once I finished dinner, no one came to clear my table or check on me. Because of where I was seated, the wait staff didn't pass by my table. I waited about 10 minutes after finishing and had to wave down a staff member to ask if I could get the dessert menu. They said yes and cleared the plates. I never got the dessert menu. After another 10 minutes I was finally able to flag down someone else. By this time, I was tired, frustrated and my chaos and noise level was finally wearing me down. At that point, I gave up on dessert and just ask for the check because I figured I may only get one shot at getting anyone to help me. Keeping in mind, ice cream was the reason I choose this place to begin with, I left disappointed. I was ready to give the waitress my credit card when she returned with the check but she slipped away again as I was checking the bill. Another long wait and finally, I paid and left.

3 Thank runhappy