“Not that impressed.”

Neighborhood: Little India
Sydney Australia
“Not that impressed.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We had lunch there today. We ate upstairs. There were lots of locals eating so I thought we were in for something special. We were talking to a fellow seated outside- probably the owner- who raved about the place. Said it was number one. Well I beg to differ. Very average meal. No vege samosa available so had these little vege rissoles which were dry And hard. Then chicken tikka which was good. Slow cooked lamb Rogan Gosh. Dont think so!! Cooked for about an hour. Was hard but at least not too spicey. Beer expensive. For the price we paid felt it was overpriced. I've eaten loads of Indian food in many cities. This is down the bottom of the list. Not impressed

• Indonesian first
Milan, Italy
“The best indian food ever tasted”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

When I go to Singapore I never miss the opportunity to have a dinner at Khansama.
I'm a customer of this restaurant since almost 10 years now, but I'm really not yet tired to go there every time I can.
The food is excellent (you must like spicy food of course) and the location is nice. I usually eat not along the road but at the first floor...
Moreover, what guarantees the quality is that the restaurant is largely frequented not only by tourists, but also and especially by local indian community. What a better prove to say that the food is good?
I have only one regret: when I started frequenting this place, the forniture was cheaper but on all the walls there were big screens with non-stop Bollywood videos going on for all the night. Now it has been restructured and it is for sure nicer, but I miss the videos: they were creating a real great atmosphere.

1 Thank gianlunc
London, United Kingdom
“Did not live up to hype”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This place does no way deserve to be so highly rated. Food was ordinary and I asked for spicey but was very bland. Waiters were useless and it is wayyyyyy overpriced. They made me pay for water when everyone around me had free tap water. I wont come back again and I cannot recommend this place.

The only people dining were tourists who probably like me read the reviews, I think that says it all as no locals were here, only westerners.

1 Thank nice-n-cozy
Chandigarh
“Average food, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Staff was very friendly and on the toes for the service, but the food was very average.
We had a chicken tikkat butter masala, with naan and fresh lime soda.
Quantity of food was good, but Quality was missing, just like any average restaurant, Certainly not upto the mark like they advertise themselves as best in Indian Food.

Nothing to complain about though, just not upto the value of money paid for the same.

The best food I had was at Indian Summer write opposite the Mustafa Center, But I cant find that Restaurant on TripAdvisor.

Nothing against the place, just not that good.

• Visited October 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Food but crowded and confused staff”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was there with my family on 14th Oct.

The ambience is average they are trying to force fit as many tables as they can. I have to literally stand up to allow some at my back to move out. Its really tough to have a conversation.

Baring few staff seems to be confused, its kind of extreme one knows its business completely and other is just naive.

Food was good can say had one of the best kebabs in singapore...compare to any other good indian restaurants i have been to.

I will give a thumbs up to food though it is at higher side, the per person it will at least cost SGD 20 with one drinks.

Good place if you want to have quick indian food and move on, not recommended for ppl who want to hold conversation.

• Visited October 2012