“Oily than Thai version”

Ranked #28 of 561 Quick Bites in Singapore
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Maxwell
Description: Celebrity chef and host Anthony Bourdain once said that the rice here is so good that you can eat it on its own. One of the most famous Hainanese chicken rice stalls in Singapore, Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice is located in the Maxwell Food Centre, with long queues forming in front of the stall every day.
Reviewed August 22, 2016

As Hainanese chicken rice are fond of around the world, it's a pleasant to have a chance to savour the original one in China Town, Singapore. The waiting line is not that bad, it takes me only 15-20 minutes to get an order. Hainanese people are very well-known as the best food makers, the original chicken rice here is not disappointed. It's just a lot more oily on both chicken & rice than our Thai style though. Another big difference from Thai's descendant is that the chicken here is served cold.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

It's definitely worth the trip. I personally don't like the rice, nothing wrong with it, but find it a bit dry. I ordered 1/2 chicken and small serve of the rice. One of the best meal I had during my visit.

Despite the long queue, serving was relatively quick and organised.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

The rice is very good, better than the chicken. Can't say if it is better than others shops because this is the only Hainanese chicken rice I had. In terms of chicken dishes in general this one is good. The plate I had only cost $5, really can't complain.

Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

They're famous for their Hainanese chicken rice (chef and tv personality Anthony Bourdain has been one of the visitors), but I think it's so so.

The food is good, but I might have had high expectations when I visited it last year.

As it's popular and mentioned in a lot of guides, expect long queues.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed August 18, 2016

OMG I am so jealous of the lucky people of Singapore to have such a fantastic dish let alone a fantastic restaurant/stall that can make it so perfectly. I wish I could eat this dish at least twice a week. When we arrived at Maxwell Food Court looking for the stall all we saw was the queue to buy the dish, it was long but in less than 10 minutes we were sitting down to an absolute delicious meal. Obviously the locals know which one to go to as there are two stalls but only one had the queue of about 20-30 people at any given time. The chicken was so moist and succulent and the rice was so flavoursome, you might want to watch out for the chilli paste-it’s bloody hot and I like hot food. Oh man this was so, so good. It was a perfect meal for a perfect day.