“Disappointed with the Services”
Review of 1-TwentySix - CLOSED

1-TwentySix
Cuisines: European, Australian, International
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Disappointed with the Services”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Despite of the bad reviews that I have seen from different sites so far, I still though of giving one chance to hold my ROM solemnization here, but sad to say, they are seriously as bad as what has been commented so far.

I have contacted them since early Oct, but till now, I have not yet even received the customized solemnization package for early Jan. Is it that they only provide good service to customers who can meet their expected budget expenditure else this is the type of service we receive?

If the budget cant be worked out, isn't it nicer to tell the customer oufront rather than hiding or not responsing at all?

My htb has called daily last week but so far only mentioned that they have sent but there is still nothing so far.. After 2nd follow till now, there is no response and even no one picks up the call. Completely disappointed with this place and I think I will not want to visit any of their other group restaurants.

And also we tried popping by one of the Friday nights in Oct and "WOW" the staffs were really clever by starting off with "Would you like to have distilled whater or sparkling water?", leaving us speechless as we were not sure to keep reject or what. And the distilled water cost something like 8 or 12, cant really remember the amt but was roughly that amt.

Moreover, till happy hour was till 8, we just merely asked if we could hold the drink after 8 after we finish with the current drink, the waitress replied "Huh? It's going to be 8 already? Why still hold?" If it cant be on hold after 8, then just say "Sorry, it is not quite possible".

That really goes my ocean / beach front solemnization dream~

• Visited October 2012

Singapore
“Romantic dinner at east coast, one of few options!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Love this place for a beautiful romantic, outdoor dinner.

Food aims to be high end as are the prices but when you eat it, it really isn't that great. Just salty. I have eaten here a few times, and although the menu options look great, once you've eaten one dish, the rest taste very similar. Ie. Lose the flavour of the actual food and just taste like salty gravy.
I have heard its better for brunch on weekends.

2 Thank cfkam
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The fries are crispy”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

It was a quiet Monday night and I gotta say that the staff were attentive enough to close the blinds when it started to rain and raise them again when it had stopped and became stuffy. As seems to be the norm in the restaurants in this lot ale, all the well situated tables are reserved for ghosts.
The fries really were impressively crispy and not as greasy as those served up by their neighbour but they didn't have any taste. Well actually they tasted like the oil they were cooked in.
It's my first time here so I don't want to say anything bad about the place. They were probably having an off day.

Amsterdam
“Long hair in food, followed by food poisoning: won't be back!”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Upon arrival we were pleased with the restaurant and looked forward to our food. We ordered the communal set menu to share and a bottle of wine. The wait staff were polite but seemed inexperienced. It took a while to open the wine bottle and then it was spilled during pouring.

The starter arrived, a sharing platter, and it was quite underwhelming. Ok, but small on portion size. For main we had both chosen the seared tuna. Which was nice. Served with sharing fries, salad and tempura runner beans. Only a thick black hair about 20 cm long was found in our salad. Alas we had eaten most of the meal. We reported it to the wait staff who took the plate to show chef However, this stopped us dead in our tracks and for us the meal ended there. We couldn't face the third course of dessert or cheese.

The wait staff returned saying they were "sorry and could offer us maybe, something like, maybe drinks???". It was a very vague half hearted gesture.

Within minutes, my friend was throwing up in the less than hygienic toilets. This was the final straw.

We had to leave without finishing our sparkling water, wine or 3rd course. When given the bill we were charged the full rate for the meal (s$ 70 ++ pp) and offered 20% off the drinks menu. Totally unacceptable. I pointed out that we were only served 2 of the 3 courses, one of which included a long human hair and my friend appeared to have food poisoning. In the end we were charged only for the 2 courses served, wine and water and 20% was taken off the entire bill. Pathetic. I would have expected more from an establishment trying to protect their reputation and recover from a thoroughly terrible performance. I would have persevered and asked for more compensation had I not been do concerned for my friend who was by this point suffering very badly from the effects of food poisoning.

2 words: DON'T GO!!!!!

3 Thank HotelAddictAmsterdam
Singapore, Singapore
“Food poisoning before desert came and still had to pay :-(”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Went there tonight, ordered wine and 3 course set menu. After finding a hair in the salad we were having second thoughts about desert when my stomach cramps from my tuna got worse and worse. I was sick twice in the toilet, after seeing the filthy state of the loos i wasnt surprised hygiene may be questionable. I felt severely unwell and needed to leave, we still had to pay for food that made us sick and the wine we didn't hang around to finish as I needed to lie down. Same as robbery if you ask me. Revolting. Disgusted. Insult and injury. Seriously bad experience.

• Visited November 2011