“Food poisoning before desert came and still had to pay :-(”
Review of 1-TwentySix - CLOSED

1-TwentySix
Cuisines: European, Australian, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Food poisoning before desert came and still had to pay :-(”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Went there tonight, ordered wine and 3 course set menu. After finding a hair in the salad we were having second thoughts about desert when my stomach cramps from my tuna got worse and worse. I was sick twice in the toilet, after seeing the filthy state of the loos i wasnt surprised hygiene may be questionable. I felt severely unwell and needed to leave, we still had to pay for food that made us sick and the wine we didn't hang around to finish as I needed to lie down. Same as robbery if you ask me. Revolting. Disgusted. Insult and injury. Seriously bad experience.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank HLM_0407

“A perfect service”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Good food, good drinks and good service. Specially the guy who always assist and make sure if everything is fine. We don't need to call him or ask him what we needs. He assure everything is perfect. Perfect service and personalized. Thank you Mr. Joseph Senior Bar Supervisor. Good luck to 1 Twenty Six , way to go. Cheers!

• Visited November 2011
Hong Kong, China
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We went for Sunday brunch and although the restaurant was not crowded at all: one more table with 4 people it took them ages to bring us a Latte, we had to ask again about the ice water which was served about 30 minutes after we sat down. Service is always extremely slow and not particular friendly, the waiters all act like they don't enjoy being there and they certainly do not watch over the customers and see if they need anything. And we need to discuss the food quality: few months ago I tried the eggs Benedict which I did not order this time for the reasons of raw asparagus on the side (which I don't think fits eggs Benedict at all) and the overall quality of the dish is not impressive. You just don't want to absorb calories for this dish.
The menu lacks things like granola, fruit or anything which resembles a healthy lifestyle: choices are pretty much: English full breakfast, pancakes, croque monsieur or French Toast. So I decided to go for the scrambled eggs in the English breakfast. Eggs were fine but the beans were from a can, sausage was extremely cheap meat, it even looked scary. I did like the hash browns though although they were actually rosti rounds (Swiss potato dish)

The view over the East Coast is great though, music was nice.

• Visited July 2011
Singapore, Singapore
“Treat yourself somewhere else”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I've been to 126 several times and found it average but convenient since I live nearby. I had a very unpleasant experience the last time I went due to poor customer service and promised myself never to return. You can definitely find much better at a similar price in Singapore.

London, UK
“Very good, but could be great...”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We are regulars at 1 Twenty Six since moving to Singapore last year, and keep going back despite some of the flaws that others have pointed out in previous reviews. In summary, we love the location and the atmosphere; the music is great (if a little loud in some seats) and the food is imaginative and very good quality with some stand-out dishes. However the place suffers from one huge flaw - not enough staff, especially at busy times.

The lack of staff means service can be patchy at times - from minor issues like the cutlery not being on the table promptly or a slight wait for drinks, to big issues like table bookings getting lost. Other reviewers have criticised the staff for poor service or attitude, but our experience is that the staff are individually great, and try really hard - but there are just not enough of them to cover a place of this size.

1 Twenty Six has a lot going for it, and is the perfect place to spend a relaxing evening - there is certainly nowhere else that comes close on the East Coast. However it would be much further up the ratings if the management recognise and address the staff problem.

• Visited March 2011