“Monster Green with Truffle Lasagna” 4 of 5 bubbles

RedDot BrewHouse Dempsey
Ranked #663 of 10,424 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: European, Bar, Pub, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Tanglin
Description: The brand name RedDot traces my first encounter with beer brewing in South Africa. It all happened in 1997 when I was on a safari holiday at Kruger National Park.One afternoon, I passed two South African soldiers who were chatting away beside a military truck, which was parked a short distance from the stockade where I was staying. At that time, the thought of joining these two soldiers sitting in the open safari with lions, impalas and elephants roaming in the background really thrilled me. That would be the highlight of my South African holiday. Driven by this curiosity, I drove out of the stockade to find these two soldiers in order to enjoy this unusual freedom.The soldiers were also happy to meet a visitor from Singapore. They offered me an unlabelled bottled beer. Having a cold beer in the sweltering heat in the middle of nowhere was just great. I asked them for the brand and they said it was home-brewed. That was the first time I heard of home-brew. The South African soldiers assured me that it was easy to brew and directed me to buy the ingredients from a homebrew shop in Johannesburg.At one of the homebrew shops, I was asked whether I wanted to brew an Ale or a Lager. At that time, not knowing enough about beers, I was puzzled. The ingredients were packed and marked with either one red dot or with no marking at all. I chose the packet with one red dot. That began my journey into brewing. As such, when I decided to set up a microbrewery, RedDot becomes a natural choice of a name.Subsequent years saw me spending much time researching and building brewing equipment on my own in order to experiment and to create different types of beer. Finally, I decided to validate my brewing knowledge in the States. The course gave me the confidence that I was ready.RedDot BrewHouse at Dempsey is a passion that took almost a decade to materialize. Housing a brewery in a historical building that was rich in military history and set in lush tranquility was simply irresistible. An old dilapidated barrack was restored to what you see today with some of the original bricks that were 100 odd years old. Two and a half years later in 2010, we found another beautiful historical building at Boat Quay, south bank of the Singapore River mouth, a river that was the source of entrepot trade and life in early Singapore. The second RedDot BrewHouse now offers our signature beers from a row of old Chinese shop houses which is rich in commercial history of our early Chinese settlers.Beers, an age old historical beverage, to be enjoyed in age old historical buildings like Dempsey’s Tanglin Barracks (1860) and Boat Quay’s old commercial Chinese shop houses (1826). RedDot Beers, housed in rich history, rich in taste. Cheers!
Singapore, Singapore
“Monster Green with Truffle Lasagna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Third visit already. By now, tried most of the beers.
Wife loved the Monster Green for the novelty effect. It really is green beer!

We love the Truffle Lasagna too.
Portion seemed to have reduced in size recently, though.

For finger food, we tried the 1st on the menu - which turned out to be spicy chicken wing.
Wow. Really not for the faint hearted. Our lips were tingling after that. Spicy hot!
But then, never a better reason to down more beers, ya?

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TehTorng
RedDot_Brewhouse, Public Relations Manager at RedDot BrewHouse Dempsey, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hi TehTorng, thank you for your continued patronage, yes it really is amazing how people take to the green beer and always happy to hear from the customers! You tried our RedDot Chicken Fagra, coated with Szechuan spice, it really is a spicy one. Cheers!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Everything is good. An excelent place in Dempsey Hill, very nice to dine outside; very good beer and quality dishes.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Marcelo954107
Hi Marcelo, thank you for your feedback! We look forward to hosting you again!
stafford england
“Best beers in Singapore!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

If you have had enough of drinking Tiger beer then this is the place to come. We caught the bus from YMCA ( no.s 7,123 or 174 $1.30) to Dempsey Hill a couple of stops after the Botanic Gardens. We visited on a weekday lunchtime so it was fairly quiet. We had the sample set of 6 beers to start. Our favourites were the Summer ale and the English ale. We also had a sandwich which was very tasty and filling and helped to soak up the beer!. All the beers were excellent and anyone who likes "real ale" should make the effort to visit.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank johnoStaffordEngland
Hi JohnoStaffordEngland, we're very happy to hear from happy customers! Thank you for your feedback
Florence, Italy
“ottima pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

i stayed in this place in december and i order spaghetti my first time in singapore and i say very good , very surprise the place it s nice .
very good

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank tiger1973333
RedDot_Brewhouse, Public Relations Manager at RedDot BrewHouse Dempsey, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
It is quite a compliment to hear satisfied customers from Italy, thank you for your feedback.
Glasgow, Scotland
“Great beer and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Red Dot Brewhouse actually a brew their own range of beers, lagers and all sorts of crazy other stuff. When we visited late on Friday night it was absolutely rammed and getting a table for 4 for just a beer was a struggle.

Their selection of house brews were tempting and my friend and I settled on a golden number though I cant for the life of me remember the name (!). The girls were still able to get cocktails and other branded beers were available.

The atmosphere was carnival like with large groups of friends and work colleagues blowing of steam. You can order massive “pitchers” which have their own tap. Red Dot do have a green beer made with all sorts of organic stuff but it was so busy in here we chose to pay up and leave.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ScottGlasgow
Hello Scott
Yes we tend to get pretty packed on Friday nights and Saturday nights, if you ever visit us again, try the other days. You will definitely get a table then.. Thank you for your feedback