“2 nights in Singapore” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #174 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Stockholm, Sweden
“2 nights in Singapore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

We found it rather difficult to go from the Airport to this hotell - especially from Novema MRT to the bus on the other side of a big road! It was pooring rain and our backpacks get really wet. When we then came to the hotell we found a really small room with a smaller toalett and shower! The price is low and thats why we booked it - but we don´t do it again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loannese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I really enjoyed my 4 night stay at Fragrance Hotel. I was traveling in Singapore solo and didn't want to spend too much money or stay at a hostel so Fragrance Hotel was perfect. It's in a residential part of the city, which gave me an opportunity to visit the more local part of Singapore. The bus stop is literally next to the hotel, which will take you to the Novena MRT station and it runs all day until 11pm or so. The station has tons of restaurants, ATMs and a few hospitals, which I ended up visiting unfortunately. As many reviews stated, the room is small, but it's perfect for one person, especially since I just used it to sleep and store my things. The room was very clean, hotel staff was friendly and there's an elevator (lift). Wifi is an extra $5 for 3 hours and I believe $10 for 24 hours.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank GlobalCitizen25
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

The room is better than what I expected, considering the relatively low price and the quality of budget hotels in Singapore. I do not think the room is small in Singapore where land is priceless. The loo is quite tiny though. There is no separate shower room/shower cubical/shower curtain. As a result when I take a shower, the whole toilet is wet. (Personally I do think it is understandable for its low price.) The staff was really helpful. We were in a room with no window for the first two nights. After she realised that we would stay here for 9 nights, she kindly asked us if we would like to move to a slightly larger room with windows. The location is at central Singapore which is really good, but it takes about 15 mins to walk from the hotel to the nearest MRT/tube station. It does not provide laundry service or self-operating laundry machines and dryers. Therefore I had to go to a laundry shop nearby to do my laundry, which was quite expensive (14 SGD for 2KG of clothes). In addition, the Wifi reception is really bad. I had no Wifi at all in my room (I could seldom log in my facebook if I waited for 5 mins). So probably purchasing the Wifi from the hotel is not a good idea. I did not complain coz we booked the room online and so the Wifi was free. A good alternative is to a Singtel prepaid card and use the 7 SGD for 7 days/2GB data bundle. The 3G reception was good in the room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bobiguous
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Fragrance Hotel Oasis from November 16 up to November 18. Rooms here were unexpectedly small but it was very clean. We were assisted by Jona and she made sure everything were okay :) I found the hotel's location very accessible since it was near Novena MRT station. Getting a cab was never a problem too.

1 Thank PIPEDREAMWACKO
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My group stayed here for a week and we were really appreciate about jona.she was kind and friendly and very humble.actually all of stuff were polite and helpful moreover the bus stop just in front of the door!we fell in love with this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank pewpew123
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night before moving on to another hotel. By far the smallest room I've ever stayed in. Just a double bed and about a foot on each side. Bathroom had no shower...just a shower head in the middle of the sink and toilet.

Singapore is expensive, for almost $100/night it seems crazy. Would be a $20-30 room in most places.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank burley32
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner early november. Having read comments I agree the room was small but did not bother us one bit!! Was clean and very well looked after, and an excellent spot to use as a basecamp for our holiday. The staff....wow. they were so professional, helpful, and just plain nice!!!!!!! Cant thank them enough for making my first trip to singapore stress free and easy. Food market next door is great for a cheap meal as well.

3 Thank j05hi