“Great stay!”

Fragrance Hotel - Oasis
Ranked #186 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I really enjoyed my 4 night stay at Fragrance Hotel. I was traveling in Singapore solo and didn't want to spend too much money or stay at a hostel so Fragrance Hotel was perfect. It's in a residential part of the city, which gave me an opportunity to visit the more local part of Singapore. The bus stop is literally next to the hotel, which will take you to the Novena MRT station and it runs all day until 11pm or so. The station has tons of restaurants, ATMs and a few hospitals, which I ended up visiting unfortunately. As many reviews stated, the room is small, but it's perfect for one person, especially since I just used it to sleep and store my things. The room was very clean, hotel staff was friendly and there's an elevator (lift). Wifi is an extra $5 for 3 hours and I believe $10 for 24 hours.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank GlobalCitizen25

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The room is better than what I expected, considering the relatively low price and the quality of budget hotels in Singapore. I do not think the room is small in Singapore where land is priceless. The loo is quite tiny though. There is no separate shower room/shower cubical/shower curtain. As a result when I take a shower, the whole toilet is wet. (Personally I do think it is understandable for its low price.) The staff was really helpful. We were in a room with no window for the first two nights. After she realised that we would stay here for 9 nights, she kindly asked us if we would like to move to a slightly larger room with windows. The location is at central Singapore which is really good, but it takes about 15 mins to walk from the hotel to the nearest MRT/tube station. It does not provide laundry service or self-operating laundry machines and dryers. Therefore I had to go to a laundry shop nearby to do my laundry, which was quite expensive (14 SGD for 2KG of clothes). In addition, the Wifi reception is really bad. I had no Wifi at all in my room (I could seldom log in my facebook if I waited for 5 mins). So probably purchasing the Wifi from the hotel is not a good idea. I did not complain coz we booked the room online and so the Wifi was free. A good alternative is to a Singtel prepaid card and use the 7 SGD for 7 days/2GB data bundle. The 3G reception was good in the room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bobiguous
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Fragrance Hotel Oasis from November 16 up to November 18. Rooms here were unexpectedly small but it was very clean. We were assisted by Jona and she made sure everything were okay :) I found the hotel's location very accessible since it was near Novena MRT station. Getting a cab was never a problem too.

1  Thank PIPEDREAMWACKO
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My group stayed here for a week and we were really appreciate about jona.she was kind and friendly and very humble.actually all of stuff were polite and helpful moreover the bus stop just in front of the door!we fell in love with this hotel!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank pewpew123
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night before moving on to another hotel. By far the smallest room I've ever stayed in. Just a double bed and about a foot on each side. Bathroom had no shower...just a shower head in the middle of the sink and toilet.

Singapore is expensive, for almost $100/night it seems crazy. Would be a $20-30 room in most places.

1  Thank burley32
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner early november. Having read comments I agree the room was small but did not bother us one bit!! Was clean and very well looked after, and an excellent spot to use as a basecamp for our holiday. The staff....wow. they were so professional, helpful, and just plain nice!!!!!!! Cant thank them enough for making my first trip to singapore stress free and easy. Food market next door is great for a cheap meal as well.

3  Thank j05hi
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel was picked for just 1 night waiting for a flight to Indonesia.

The pros - very clean, about $20-22 taxi and about 20-25 minutes from Changi airport, in a street with a lot of restaurants, few places and a 7/11 opposite as well as a Maccers if you are desperate, nice enough staff

Cos - many, smallest room I think I have ever stayed in - literally 2.5x2.5 m bedorro, and about 1.5x1.5m bathroom. The shower is right near the toilet so everything gets wet. The water was COLD TO TEPID, yuck, that is the main thing I wanted, just a nice shower and somewhere to sleep but cold water is not what I anted. 2 tiny small towels and basic toiletries. Rock hard bed with plastic covered mattress. Room so small you cannot get the door closed if your suitcase is lying flat.

Overpriced for what I wanted - got it for 90+ dollars on the internet but never will stay here again. Because I prepayed more than 2 weeks in advance I got a 24 hour wifi worth 10, but is was serious seriously slow, even for basic receiving emails and I could not send any. Forget about surfing the net, even late at night when most wifi work a bit better

Recommend try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else