“Budget Hotel with Excellent Location near MRT Lavender”

Fragrance Hotel - Imperial
Ranked #189 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We 2 Indian families stayed at Hotel Fragrance Imperial at Lavender Singapore during our short trip in the month of May 2014. Had booked 2 hotel rooms online as they offered good rate of 100 SGD per night for Deluxe AC room which included Breakfast and Taxes. Main reason for selecting this hotel was location.There is compact swimming pool on 4th floor and lift facility which are basic plus points. Though the room size was very small and below expectation (we understand room size is common issue in all budget hotels in Singapore), the location was best and served our purpose as we were out for sight-seeing for all 3 days and visited hotel just for bed and breakfast.They served only 1 item in Indian veg breakfast which they should improve on as lot of people from India visit Singapore. Overall it was good deal and we enjoyed our stay at Hotel Fragrance and will surely visit next time. Regards, Ashish Gujarathi

Room Tip: Insisit for room with window on 4th floor near the pool..
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank ashish1978
There are newer reviews for Fragrance Hotel - Imperial

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was a bit apprehensive to stay in a budget hotel. Having a Holiday Inn membership card, we would usually stay in this hotel, especially when we travel to HK. "But this is antiseptic Singapore", I thought. So I agreed with my travel agent to stay for 3 days & 2 nights in Fragrance Imperial on Penhas St., about 100 meters away from the Lavender MRT station.
On the day of our arrival, the hotel shuttle left us after we failed to show up on time at the Changing Airport information area. Blame goes to the family, who was just ahead of us in the line to the immigration counter. They did not properly fill up their immigration forms. So we bought Nets FlashPay cards and we took the MRT to the hotel. You can use this card to pay for the MRT, bus, and taxi fare. Just load up the card at the nearest 7-11. Fortunately, Fragrance Imperial is located near the Lavender Station of MRT East-West Line that ends at the Changing Airport.
At the hotel's front desk, we were greeted by an almost all-Filipino hotel staff. They're very friendly, which is very comforting to a tired, hungry, and sleep-deprived traveller. Wifi is 3 Sing dollars for 2hrs and 10 Sing dollars for 24hours. Take the latter, obviously.
The triple room is small. But it is very clean, the hot shower is good, there's a hair dryer, complimentary bottled water which they replenish daily, and the air conditioning is cool. There's a flat screened TV but it has limited channels. The towels are clean and fresh. The bathroom is small but clean. There is no glass enclosure in the shower, instead there is a shower curtain. I wish they would spruce it up with a basic enclosure. And provide foot towels too.
I remember there are 7 set breakfast choices. A set breakfast includes 2 pcs of toast, potato hash, butter & jam, juice & coffee. It's up to you if you would want eggs, sausage, ham, turkey bacon, porridge, noodle soup or cereals to go with the toast and beverage.
Late checkout is at 12:30 but they will allow you to stash your luggage in their holding area if you want to further explore Singapore prior to your departure.
Their front desk officer Lee Aquino, the kind & handsome man blessed with the names of 2 heads of states (Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew and Philippines' Noynoy Aquino), will make your stay better than expected.

5  Thank CarminaRomero
Reviewed May 11, 2014

hotel is short walk from mrt so its covenient also fewer stops to changi airport. place safe, left my laptop bag at lobby, front staff got it and secured it for me. saved me from great. highly recommended

alex
manila philippines

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The place is old and not very clean. Rooms are cramped. There is nothing fragrant about it at all. In fact it did not smell very well, some floors worse than others. Frontdesk staff very friendly and helpful- they are the only reasom I rated this hotel poor instead of terrible. Cafe staff are a nightmare. Seriously you can tell the cafe staff hated their jobs. Food was shocking. Spend a few more and get a proper hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank crank868
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Visited recently and was very impressed with the hospitality. Mark the front desk staff was very professional and other staffs were also extremely friendly. The housekeeping uncle who always handled the 3 Rd floor was very nice and should be given a raise or something. He always would be very considerate in cleaning my room, ie only clean when I'm not in the room or prearrange the cleaning with me.

I would give a 5 star if it was not for the cafe. The staffs in the cafe are very arrogant. The management should look into the staff seriously as I was often bullied by the staff and forced into doing things that I didn't want to. I believe I'm not the only one.

2  Thank kelvintanme
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there during 1-4 May, 2014 and totally it was good. Staffs are so helpful to assist. At first we booked the two single beds but the first night they gave us one big bed. So, at the other two nights, they moved us to the room with two singles. It was a good service.

However, for breakfast, we did not enjoy much as it was not so tasty.

Finally the room is small but clean. Only it doesn't have the window which I prefer to have. Totally it was good.

Stayed: May 2557, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nat S
Reviewed April 11, 2014

While staying at the Fragrance Imperial ,I found I felt like I was at home. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Gave us great sightseeing advice , and took an Interest on how we felt about our experiences. Shanti was so welcoming and warm and assisted in our every need.
I would stay with the Fragrance Imperial again. When we first arrived in Singapore we stayed at the V Lavender and did not feel comfortable at all , so we moved to the Fragrance. best thing we did . love the place and Shanti.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family