“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 226 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
London
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed as a familiy of 4 in the Riverside Village Residences. We had a room with a great view of the river (room 212). The location was excellent being in the slightly more sedate Robertson Quay but only a short walk from Clarke and Boat Quays. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The apartment was cleaned regularly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Choo L, Manager at Village Residence Robertson Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear KamGee,

Thank you for your feedback & compliments.

It's a delight to know your family & your good self had a great stayed with us.

Hope to see you again & Keep well.

Warmest Regards
Residence Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Riverside Village Residences twice, once for a week when we came to check out Singapore and consider a permanent move here and then because we liked it so much we stayed for approximately two months before we found a permanent place to live.

Livia and the entire team (including all the office staff, security, kitchen and cleaning staff) there went beyond the call to satisfy all our needs. They certainly made our stay at Riverside Village and our introduction into Singapore life so friendly and pleasant. They were also extremely accommodating to our dog when he also arrived.

They even surprised me by bringing a birthday cake to my door on my birthday and a rendition of happy birthday as well!

Thank you Livia and the team for providing us with such wonderful stay and introduction into Singapore.

Emma and Tim and Morphy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Choo L, Manager at Village Residence Robertson Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Emma,

We are thrilled & privilege to have you & Tim twice staying at Village Residence Robertson Quay
(formerly known as Riverside Village).

I am glad that our team had delivered a service excellence that make your stayed a memorable one.

I hope Tim, Morphy & your good self will enjoy your stay in Singapore.

Keep well & Stay in Touch.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Recently, I had a wonderful week vacation with my family at Village Residence Robertson Quay. First thing we love on this place was the location. It's near to anything you can imagine to access the city! From the time we get inside the lobby, the smell & ambiance feels us accommodating. The room was spacious w/ provided toiletries we needed. Linen was clean as its new stock sheets. I would like to commend the healthy breakfast given every morning. And nothing more we could imagine the smiles & world class service they provided on us.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Choo L, Manager at Village Residence Robertson Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Eiarl Solis,

It was a great delight to see you again and I am glad you had another enjoyed your stayed with us.

Thank you and hope to see you again.

Keep well.

Warmest regards
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I recently left the village residences after a year spent there due to a change in role and location.

I was very sad to do so as my stay there was excellent throughout. I work in the service industry myself and can state that it is always the people who make the difference in any situation. The staff here are all unfailingly pleasant, polite and go out of their way to be helpful. Livia, the manager, in particular helped me throughout with a number of things that were tailor made to my situation and the apartment itself had a number of upgrades which improved the living conditions tremendously with no disruption to me at all.

Many thanks to all for making this a very pleasant time, I miss everyone there and will be sure to visit again soon.

Best

Nick

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Choo L, Manager at Village Residence Robertson Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Nick,

It is so heartwarming for my team & myself to know that you had appreciate our service and thoroughly enjoyed your stayed with us.

Indeed, it is a delight & great joy knowing you.

We will continue to strive in delivering Service Excellence to our guests.

We miss you too & keep well.

Take care

Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was lucky enough to spend my fourth visit at the Village Residence at Roberston Quay. Not only was it as good as I had remembered, it was even better! There were multiple upgrades throughout the facility to include: new living room and dining room furniture, kitchen appliances, washer/dryer, artwork, new pool furniture, updated lobby, gym, even the elevator! Leave it to the Village Residence to improve upon amazing. One thing that did remain the same was the exceptional and outstanding customer service and friendly staff. I loved every second of my stay, and will hope to return again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Choo L, Manager at Village Residence Robertson Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Kristin,

It's a great pleasure & joy to have you back with us.

I am delighted to know that you have noticed the improvement work we had made as it is important to made our guests feel at home.

Thank you for your compliments & the team will continue to strive for service excellence.

Hope to see you again & Keep well !

Warmest Regards
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was having the saddest day of my life that makes me travel abroad. So i checked TripAdvisor and booking to look for the best place to stay-in. And i must say that the place was so lovely and makes me want to go back again to Singapore.There are reason why i want to go back 1st
I was able to capture beautiful fireworks at marina bay. 2nd, There is a lovely river view and a nice furniture to chill in and relax and restaurants nearby, local foods and supermarket is just 5 mins away AMAZING!. 3rd, i was in love with the service, Friendly and accommodating staffs were always around to provide service that makes me want to go back. I feel safe to this place even if i travel alone. The experience was great! thank you for taking my sadness away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Choo L, Manager at Village Residence Robertson Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Unlockher,

Thank you for your compliments on the team & sharing your experience with us.

I am glad you managed to visit Marina Bay Sand on our National Day's for the spectacular fireworks that brightened your day.

Hope to see you again & Keep well.

Warmest Regards.
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The building is old, but well maintained to the best state possible. Well equipped and nicely furnished. The service is not perfect, but does the job. They offer three times a week room cleanup, which is not bad during working days; but they are off during national vacations. The location is amazing as well. Our room over looks the Singapore River, where you can find many bars and restaurants along the river banks. A more family to couple activity area. Very pleasant a peaceful dwelling area.

Room Tip: River view is the best