“Used to be much better...”

Siloso Beach Resort Sentosa
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was our second time back at Siloso Beach Resort and I have to say we were quite disappointed. We had loved it the first time round but found that the resort has deteriorated in many ways.
1) Rooms are getting old, tired, a little dirty and this is not helped by spotty housekeeping.
2) Housekeeping - we had no problems with our room, but my sister asked the housekeeping department to clean her room three times to no avail. The third time she called, the person-in-charge was very impolite. In the end, the room was not cleaned. The next day, the room was cleaned but the overflowing garbage can was not emptied. Upon asking them to empty it, we were told housekeeping time was over! Ultimately, when it was clarified that we only needed them to clear out one trash can, it was done.
3) Pool was not as clean as before but still nice
4) Other areas of the hotel are getting old and decrepit. They obviously have not been maintained well, which is a real pity as it used to be much better years ago. The management should really look into clearing up the mildew spots, cover up the signs of construction, etc.

Redeeming factors:
1) the frontdesk staff are nice and helpful
2) Breakfast is pretty decent with different options each day
3) Location is good with easy access to the 'beach' (yucky view of tankers and oil refineries though), bars, restaurants and other attractions.
4) There is a nice rooftop garden for a relaxing, quiet drink in the evening but they should maybe have more furniture up there. There is also a nice greenhouse area where they grow their own vegetables, plants and fruits - nice for children to explore.

All in all, I would not go back again. Sad to say as we really loved the pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank raweli

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The theme with all the plants and everything was great.The pool was also pretty good.Staff was a bi mean;didn't look happy to serve us.Average breakfast.The rooms were the problem;They were extremely small.It was hard to cram three people in such a tiny room.The bathroom was no big either.The pool was pretty good.When I opened the window of the room,The handle FELL off.Never will I stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Siloso resort is flop. Rooms are like match box congested. No room service. No mini bar. Breakfast is a joke. Overcrowded pool. Dirty Linen with spots and towels were smelly with Stinking washroom. I called up 6 times to reception by no response. Aconditioning was very mad with suffocating stink in room. Check in and check out was with long quees. Helpless and non existing staff. They failed to even arrange a taxi back to story on time. Now good :-D well location is nice :) do not go there rather choose resort world or login pick :D

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We booked a night at Siloso beach Resort. We drove over and at the beginning, we are not allowed to park into their carpark as they claimed the carpark is full. Therefore we have to park outside and walked in. When we are walked in, we found many empty carpark lots and we make a complain to the reception which later allow us to park inside. Service is bad.

The hotel is very near the beach and there is a tram station in front of it. Very convenient. However, we are surprise that the room is badly maintained. The carpark is old and stained. The wallpaper is peeling off and the lamps are rusty. We did not get a room facing the sea and all we can see through the window is just trees. We paid almost S$300+ for a night and we feel is definitely not worth it.

Room Tip: Request for room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I saw that the hotel had a decent rate for Easter, so my wife and i decided to spend a couple of days 'away' from the city (we live in Singapore). We were looking forward to this trip as we wanted to just relax.

Big mistake! Firstly, EVERYONE else had the same idea and Sentosa was packed! Anyone looking to stay at Sentosa, pelase avoid the public holidays. Anyway, on to the review.

The pictures on the website looked nice, but the reality is quite different. We arrived before 10 am, and did not really expect our room to be ready, seeing as it was aster weekend and official check-in time was 3 pm.

So we left our bags and headed for the pool so that we could swim while waiting. Our three year old was VERY excited

We get to the pool and ask for towels and order a burger - simple enough. There weren't enough lounge chairs around the pool, so we picked out a free table under a gazebo near enough to the pool. Besides, we had food coming.

Well, a couple of the chairs had planks missing so that if you sat down the wrong way, you butt would fall through the seat! Further, the table was dirty. The towels were thin and scraggly.

The pool itself seemed clean enough. It was just that hotel seemed decrepit and in disrepair. We finally found a couple of lounge chairs only to find that one of them had the supports that allowed you to adjust the angle of the seat back broken and on the ground beneath the chair. They looked like they had been there for a long time.

As I said the water seemed clean enough, but there were some surfaces around the pool that were slick with a thin film of algae - very slippery and dangerous. There was also no lifeguard, which I guess is normal.

We kept checking with the front desk for a room, and we finally go one at 2 pm (an hour early!). The girl at the desk was not very friendly, and she said that my request for a beach facing oom could not be accommodated unless i wanted to wait until 5 p. Wait - I thought checkout was at 3 pm, so why the discrepancy? I saw this large pile of allocated room keys but did not make a fuss.

The room itself was OLD and smelled musty; bearable for a night but no longer. See the pictures I attached - the day curtains were dirty (looked like they hadn't been cleaned for months), the furniture was scratched, the towels had holes in them and the carpet was spotted in areas. Obviously, hygiene was not a priority at this establishment.

Unfortunately, my son had stomach problems and threw up all over the bed. It didn't go through the sheets, and we pulled those off the bed right away so that the bed was NOT stained. We went next door, as there was a cleaner fixing up another room. She didn't speak English, and basically motioned to my wife to call reception. We did, and were told several times (we called after 15, 20 and 30 minutes and my wife went to the reception desk herself) that housekeeping was busy and we would be accommodated in a few minutes. Finally, after about an hour and 15 minutes, after our son had fallen asleep, we heard the doorbell ring and found a man wit sheets and a comforter. He didn't bother to ask about the soiled sheets, but just handed the sheets over and left. We changed the sheets after ourson woke up from his nap and set off to walk around.

The next day, we went down to the buffet. Let's just say that we didn't overeat at breakfast. My wife and I couldn't wait to get out of that place. I would stay there ever again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. It is in GREAT need of a facelift, the place is run down and hygiene is a bit worrying. We did not even take the two free bottles of water in the room.

The hotel is tired, the staff are generally not helpful and the food was reminiscent of food at rustic island resorts that I have stayed in before.

My wife told me that she felt sad that the hotel had been allowed to decay to its present state, and I have to agree. Look elsewhere for accommodation.

Two bright spots - my son thoroughly enjoyed the pool - it had slides for kids. Location - it had an entrance/exit right across the beach. Otherwise, no, no no.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Siloso Beach resort is a hotel for ones who like to stay close to the nature. The beach is just across the hotel, and close to the forest too..
The staffs are very friendly and helpful, the hotel ground or environment is very nice, the air feel so fresh.
The swimming pool are very nice and beautiful too..

BUT..
If you have any 'sixth sense power'or if you belive that ghost exist in this world, better be prepare.. As you might have some 'paranormal experience'.
But maybe this will also bring excitment for the ones who like or even looking for this kind thrilling situation.. XD

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Returned to sentosa for 7 nights on a stopover with kids .. We liked it they loved it . We booked a family room which was the biggest room I've ever stayed in . The kids loved the breakfast which was English and Asian buffet . And they loved the squirels that came and watched you eat.. Pool was amazing as well as the view and closeness to everything on the island . Would recommend if you are not looking for luxury of rasa . Needs a bit of up keep outside

• Stayed: September 2012