“Spacious room, efficient service but too near to the road”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Spacious room, efficient service but too near to the road”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We planned a staycation and booked a night in this hotel. When we enter, the orchid smell welcome us. Directions could be better in the hotel. Spacious room but the living room couch pillow was dirty. At night, you can clearly hear the noise from the road and whoever that is partying downstairs at 1am. This hotel could do better with soundproofing the walls, but overall quite a pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2014
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for recognizing the many positive elements of your stay; from our unique hotel fragrance to the size of the Heritage Premium Room. I also wanted to acknowledge your comment regarding the noise from the band and from the public roads as well as the cleanliness of our throw pillow. My sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. Please know, that while neither of these issues are indicative of the level of service we typically provide, we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Philip Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location its just opposite Imbia station. The room was beautiful with nice comfortable bed. Walking distance to universal studio. I had a pleasant stay at this hotel will definitely recommend to my friends.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the prime location of the hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa and the Sentosa Express monorail, to the design of the room and the quality of our beds. I am glad that these elements and more, helped make this Staycation so special for you.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We took a gamble on the Expedia "secret saver" deal and were pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be the Moevenpick. Service was spot on, to the level that they saw it was my wifes birthday when checking her passport and arranged for a cake to be delivered to the room.., also to the bar where we were drinking the night before which was fun. Location is great, literally opposite the Imbiah station so travel back to Singapore or to the beach was effortless. About 3 min walk to the train. My wife was particularly taken with the in room expresso machine, lovely touch. I would heartily recommend this hotel, food, drink both in the evening and at breakfast was excellent too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the warm service you received from my colleagues, to the fabulous location of our hotel, as well as the facilities in the room and quality of our breakfast. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I truly appreciate your kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

singapore
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great place and it is my second time here. Due to the renovation, there were ants in the room but nonetheless the staff were great in attending to our needs. Spa-smelling place, totally relaxing and next to the monorail station, will definitely make it an annual staycation!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank haohao20
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from our unique hotel fragrance, to the warm service you received from my colleagues and the fabulous location of our hotel.

Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed March 8, 2014

From the greeting as we stepped out of the taxi at arrival until 3 days later when we checked out and stepped back into a taxi the hotel reserved for us, this was one of the most enjoyable stays for a couple who travels around the world often. At check-in it was if the young lady was a relative who had not seen us in a long time- so warm and knowledgeable.....checking us in, informing us of what was going on, bringing us a drink and then showing us a few important things as she escorted us to our room. And the service did not stop there.....the visit was business but time for beach and shopping too- perfect location! Every staff member was eager to help and advise and when I entertained business guests, I was most impressed because when the staff saw me with strangers obviously focused on them, the staff stepped up the hospitality level another notch. Terrific attitudes on the part of the staff and an excellent second sense of timing. Even the GM knew our names and said HELLO 2- 3 times. The rooms were big and comfortable- clean, quiet with a fantastic view. Good food too.....fabulous breakfast. When we are in Singapore there is only one place to stay- the Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, but then Moevenpick is excellent all over the world.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, from the warm welcome you received from my colleagues, to the convenient location of the hotel and the quality of our hotel room. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Good hotel in great spot, within walking distance to everything in Sentosa. We were given icecream on arrival which was a cute touch and welcome relief from the heat! The rooms were spacious and modern, the bathroom was really nice and we had a room with a view. Not five stars but totally fine for a short city stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the ice-cream we provide our guests on arrival, to the fabulous location of our hotel and the overall quality of your room. I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I booked the hotel for 1 night to celebration my son's birthday. It is awesome that they free upgrade us from deluxe room to heritage room with Merlion view and a birthday cake as well. The suite room is superb and well equipped! the only complaint is the sound proof system which has to be improved. We heard the band singing clearly and the vehicles passing over..

We requested to make up room on the next morning as we have photo shooting in the room. The operator although said okay, nobody appeared. Finally the housekeeping arrived only when we made 4 to 5 calls.

Besides, I specially paid extra to have late check out at 4pm, however, the reception advised that I had to check out at 12pm due to fully booked on heritage. What a joke it is! in the end, they only allowed us to check out latest by 3.30pm. Since they offered us free-upgrade to the heritage room, we agreed that.

Overall, the hotel definitely worth to stay again. we still enjoyed the stay although there is a little unhappy issue happened. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ultragirl81
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Mr Liem,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

I would like to acknowledge your feedback on the noise from the band and from the public roads as well as the delayed service from our housekeeping team. My sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. Please know, that while neither of these issues are indicative of the level of service we typically provide and we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand. We apologise that we were not able to accord a 4pm late check-out and hope to seek your understanding as we have other guests checking in that would require the room.

I am grateful also to receive your comments regarding the positive elements of your stay; from the room upgrade provided, to the interior and facilities found in the Heritage Room.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.