“LOVED this hotel.”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have just returned from a 2 day stay at the Movenpick Heritage on Sentosa Island. The level of service has improved tremendously since our previous visit in January, probably as a result of the efforts of Philip the new GM. The staff was always attentive, the room was super clean, and the buffet breakfast - which covered most of Singapore's multicultural cuisines - was an adventure. We will be back.

the Martyna family, Calgary, Canada.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Ms Martyna,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, from the level of service of our colleagues, to the cleanliness of our guest room and our buffet breakfast offerings.

I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

It's not bad, but not very good. Before a couple of years it was clean and better than now. The room is clean only when we arrived but then they did not clean it very well. The location of the hotel is very good, it's near the attractions on the island. The breakfast is not bad at all.

Stayed: February 2014
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that your room was not spotlessly clean, as is our standard. Please know, that while this is not indicative of the level of service we typically provide, we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the positive elements of your stay; from the convenient location of the hotel, to the quality of our breakfast.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I chose the hotel for a 1 nightstaycation due to the reasonable prices for a Sentosa hotel and good location to RWS & palawan beach. There was breakfast included for the hotel on the Deluxe room package i booked from Zuji.

The main aim was to bring a 1 year old plus toddler either to the beach or to the hotel pool. We reached the hotel at about 2.30pm to checkin, and the porter helped with our baby stroller/bags the moment we alighted from the taxi. There is actually no need to take a taxi if you have minimal bags as it's walking distance (4 minutes walk)from the monorail Imbiah station.

Check in was smooth, and we were assigned a 2nd floor room (no view & no balcony surprisingingly). There is a big bathtub in the bathroom and a separate toilet and shower room. The room was quite spacious with a Kingsized bed, and had a nespresso machine.

Palawan beach was nearby and there was also a water play area which cost $15/child to enter. After 2-3 hours at the beach, we simply went back to the hotel to clean up and headed for dinner at RWS, all very conveniently located within walking distance. We checked the pool and it was not suitable for a toddler to play in as it's an adult pool, so we skipped the pool in the end.

Aircon was adjustable in the room, room service was prompt in bringing an extra towel we requested for the toddler (although this should have been prepared for in the room since it was in the booking). There was free wifi in the room, the password was provided during checkin, although the wifi speed is quite slow, as youtube videos on the ipad kept lagging.

The breakfast buffet was quite comprehensive, had nasi lemak and dimsum items, porridge, besides the bread/waffle bar, and lots of fruits. The restaurant service stuff were polite and prompt as well, in clearing dishes and providing tea/coffee. Breakfast was 7am-10.30am.

During checkout, the staff also helped us call a taxi and helped us with our bags all the way out when the taxi arrived.

I would definitely stay again if i have the chance.

1  Thank JocelynK
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you are enjoying your time at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the excellent service you received from my colleagues at Front Office and Housekeeping, to the convenient location of our hotel nearby to Palawan Beach and the quality of our breakfast. I am glad that these elements and more, helped make this Staycation so special for you and your family.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed for 3 days 2 nights during chinese new year. Cosy nice and clean hotel. Booked a heritage room with merlion view. Greeted by polite and friendly front office staff over the counter. Room interior was nice with Nespresso coffee machine. Fruits/desserts were served daily as well. View wasn't as fantastic as expected. Location is superb; surrounded by the main attractions, opposite Imbiah sentosa express station and 5-min walk to RWS and merlion tower. Although it is located very near to the attractions, environment is quiet and peaceful. Breakfast buffet was abit disappointed as the choices are limited. Hotel has many chillout areas where we can relax under the sky/stars either on rooftop (overlooking the beach) or at the forecourt.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Merlion tower are recommended as beach view rooms are obstructed by construction and tr...
1  Thank Cathy T

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you for highlighting the positive elements of your stay from the nice interior of our rooms with Nespresso coffee machines, to the convenient location of the hotel within walking distance to all the major attractions here on Sentosa.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the areas where we can improve and please note that we will use your feedback with regard to our breakfast service, to see how we may revise our offerings at this time.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We were given a room right at the entrance. It was not sound proof. We could hear footstep n people walking in n out. Could hear coach parking when outside onsen pool. Seen from previous comments there will b free sake given. But sorry nothing was given. Definitely would not recommend onsen room for the price paid. Just imagine inside the room u hear people talking outside. Outside the onsen pool u hear coach parking. What a joke! Definitely would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with a more serene environment that prevented you from having a thoroughly relaxing stay. Please know, that while this is not indicative of the level of service we typically provide, we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit and should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do reach out to me at the hotel. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the good comments. Nice ambience, clean and comfortable room.Impressive coffee machine.

Bad - Should not sell room as seaview when it is only 10% seaview 90% bus interchange view, and charge 20-30% higher price for that! Even your front office staffs are not confident with the seaview. They tried to persuade me for upgrade to suite with sgd70++ when I already felt cheated paying more for the 10% seaview deluxe room. They told me the suite bathroom is bigger n let me have free upgrade. I agreed, & should be grateful for the free upgrade right? But i'm very pissed because the suite doesn't have a bathtub & the view was even worst. I immediately request to downgrade back to pathetic seaview, at least with the bathtub. It's our first year wedding anniversary celebration, so I didn't show my unhappiness or complain further about the inappropriate mark up deluxe Seaview room.

The bathtub water was not hot, I used kettle to top up the hot water, more than 10 rounds boiling.

And, we are not sure if the tidbits and minibar are complimentary because there was no price indication. So we did not consumed the tidbits, refused to be charged further.

It could have been a perfect stay, as the room are decent, but not the way it was being marketed for mark up and, hot water please. Thanks for hearing out.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that we did not provide you with a flawless stay. It disturbed me greatly to learn of your experience on arrival and I was somewhat puzzled to hear of the suite you were given that did not have a tub, as every single one of our rooms has a tub, apart from our handicapped accessible room and our Onsen Rooms, which feature the large Onsen tub outside on the balcony. In light of this, I would love to speak with you personally and I can be reached via my email address or mobile phone number, both listed below.

I hope you will accept my sincere apologies once again for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you and your wife a belated Happy Anniversary and a continued lifetime of happiness together. I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

E-Mail: philip.jones@moevenpick.com
Mobile: +65 9023 5791

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We expected the crowd over the New Year period but found the Hotel in a rather secluded environment yet well positioned across the road from the Monorail Station, and walking distance to practically all attractions at Sentosa including the beach. Very reasonably priced with high quality service, no bustling drama like having b'fast and swimming in the pool with some of the big resort hotels on the island. Highly recommended :-) !

Room Tip: High floor seaview deluxe room would be good, the heritage premium is better if you are happy to spe...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ying A
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa over the New Year period. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the quality of our service, as well as the convenient location next to Universal Studios and the beaches here on Sentosa.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.