“Good choice amongst all hotels at Sentosa”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Sydney
“Good choice amongst all hotels at Sentosa”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We expected the crowd over the New Year period but found the Hotel in a rather secluded environment yet well positioned across the road from the Monorail Station, and walking distance to practically all attractions at Sentosa including the beach. Very reasonably priced with high quality service, no bustling drama like having b'fast and swimming in the pool with some of the big resort hotels on the island. Highly recommended :-) !

Room Tip: High floor seaview deluxe room would be good, the heritage premium is better if you are happy to spe...
1 Thank Ying A
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa over the New Year period. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the quality of our service, as well as the convenient location next to Universal Studios and the beaches here on Sentosa.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Philip Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed for 1 Night at this Hotel, we reached the hotel at 7:30am, check in was very smooth, though the check in time is at 3pm, they gave us the room at 8:30am. We were very delighted once we entered the hotel. Hotel is really very nice. Very quite and calm ambiance.Imbiah monorail station is just across the hotel.

Breakfast was awesome though there is no Indian choice of breakfast. But huge selection of international breakfast.

I would highly recommend this hotel people visiting Sentosa Island.

Room Tip: We had taken a deluxe room.
1 Thank MehulJaiswal
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from our ability to accommodate your early arrival, to the quality of our breakfast. I am glad that these elements and more, helped make this stay so special for you.

I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

This time I stayed in moevenpick sentosa instead of city hotels.

I had great disappointments after spending so much.
The hotel is beautiful exterior but bad experience I had gone through.

The parking is limited, when I arrived, I ask for the parking, the guards ask me to drive to the pit carpark which I do not know how to get there. I ask for the directions, or help me move my car over. The staff replied "my boss say we cannot drive guest car"
I ask for the manager, the staff promptly reply that his manager is very busy and I ask for a reserved lot pole to be removed so I could park.
The staff replied saying that cannot be done as it is reserved for his boss!
I was extremely unhappy with such remarks that the management's car is more important than our car!
Since the hotel had limited parking as what he said, the staff or management or boss should not even park in the hotel right? How you expect guest like us to know the way around sentosa for parking?

Next, Breakfast was a disaster, they could not cope with the high occupancy I believe which obviously the manager are not hands on or operationally trained to educate their staff on handling such huge crowd. The breakfast is messy and the service crew talks to each other in Tagalog which is a total turn off.
When I ask for the head F&B, the staff replies with a frown on the face "He don't come on weekends"
As a guest, this is definitely not the reply that I expected!

I had to do some work on my computer but the Wi Fi is really bad for a 5 star hotel, worse than a 3 stars hotel. There is no one to assist me on the Internet issue.

The reception staff only replied with an answer that I had anticipated that IT staff are not around.

Shouldn't a 5 star hotel operates 24/7 with IT staff on weekends as well?

I did not ask further and brought my laptop to RWS and head to the Starbucks and work on my stuff.

In the evening, my friends came over the hotel and joined me for celebrations. They were surprised to see so many rowdy patrons around the entrance of the hotel and with drink bottles and groups of teens laughing and talking loudly. They gather around the entrance and the guards simply do not bothered.

My friends entered easily up to my floor. No one checked their identity or any security measures to ensure they were my guests.
I really doubt the 5 stars standards here, to be precise, the guards were just doormen.

In my room, the layout is really small and cramped but cosy. My cups are dirty, the sink is chocked, the shampoo is half filled, dusty on the glass top, no menu on room dine in, the fridge is not chilled enough.

In the evening, I could hear alot of noises outside the room. I had a hard time going to sleep.

To summarise, i will never returned to this hotel again anymore. I will discourage my friends to stay here as well given the price for a 5 stars which is giving us only an experience worse than 3 stars.

On top of that, with no management around to assist 24/7. Seriously, I think this hotel should only operate on weekdays.

I had a very bad experience as compared to other hotels that I stayed. With this, I had booked my family a Chinese New Year stay with RWS instead.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank holidaykiew
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I while was professionally embarrassed to hear of your experience, I can assure you that the care and comfort of our guests is our number one priority. I can also assure you that since my arrival one month ago, as the General Manager I am typically here on weekends and on the rare occasion when I am not here, one or both of my assistants are always on duty to assist our guests with any request.

Dear Guest, given the severity of your feedback I would like to discuss these matters with you directly and I can be reached via my email or mobile number, both of which are listed below.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit.

E-Mail: Philip.jones@moevenpick.com
Mobile: +65 9023 5791
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed at Moevenpick between the 19-22 of December.

Pros :
1) Great location, right oppp to the Imbiah monorail station. The free monorail service makes it very convenient to commute to any attraction in Sentosa.

2) Bang infront of the Sentosa merlion - do not miss the 3D video mapping show, its simply amazing.

3) The deluxe rooms are neat and clean (comes with a small foyer). The ambience of the hotel is something i will cherish forever.

4) We were on the 2nd floor in the Heritage wing. Some of the earlier reviews pointed out to noise from the pool etc etc ... but we did not really have any such problem.

4) A station away is the Beach, where u have major attractions like Songs of the sea, iFLY (for the adventurous lot). Move onto the other side for entry to RWS and thereon to Universal.
Head to the Vivocity mall for a stroll/shopping/food ! Indian veggies can find the Saravana Bhavan outlet here. The hotel provides a 3day card which lets travellers re-enter sentosa anytime.

5) A great new responsive manager Mr.Philip Jones who addressed some of my queries/cribs immediately though i wrote to him almost in the middle of the night (read below to find out what went wrong). Hope the rest are taken care of soon.

6)On the 3rd day of our stay, the breakfast counters were crowded like crazy making it difficult for people to even enter the restaurant. A long line at the entrance was quite a put off ! While the staff couldn't really handle this well, Mr.Jones promptly arrived and within a few minutes made arrangements for people to have some food (note it was almost closing time at the breakfast counter). His presence of mind was commendable and hoping he turns Moevenpick into a far more enjoyable place soon ....

Cons :
1) We purchased tickets for 2 adult thru the front office at the hotel to visit Universal studios for 21Dec. However on reaching there we were told that one of the tickets was invalid ( the validity was from the 22). called up the hotel front office to check but they asked us to return to the hotel to have the issue sorted. With a young child along and growing queues at universal we really could not afford to get back since we would lose time n lose out on the activites planned. We did get the issue finally sorted out at universal with the help from guest services but it did involve running around! . We did receive one apology letter in the room on return at 10pm but din't help much.
Caution - please do double check yourr tickets

2) On return to the room at 10pm, we found a blue color unknown water bottle with the logo of 'advanced micro electronics' on the table. Definitely did not belong to us. Not sure how and why it reached our room. quite surprising!

3) Noticed quite a few ants on the table above the minibar. I had placed a request with the reception to have them cleaned. But they were still crawling around.

4) The bathroom door really needs some fixing. my little daughter could easily open and enter the bathroom when in use. Would be safer if the door can be tightly shut especially when in use...

5) The breakfast menu ( we were on a breakfast inclusive package) was good but did not have too many choices for the vegetarians ! All i could really eat was cereals, breads and pastries (guilt trip), fruits, baked beans and roast potatoes. Pretty much the same stuff on all 3 days made it quite boring ! Needs to be seriously looked into.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sashni
Dear Ashwini,

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that we did not provide you with a flawless stay. Please know that since your stay in late December, we have looked into all of the matters which you highlighted in your feedback. This has resulted in many changes, including revising our breakfast menu to include more vegetarian options, aimed specifically at the growing number of vegetarian guests traveling from India.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the positive elements of your stay; from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the convenient location of the hotel and your kind words regarding our responsiveness to your challenges.

Ms. Ashwini, I hope you will accept my sincere apologies once again for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was our first stay on Sentosa although we have been to Singapore many times and our first stay in a Moevenpick Hotel and we certainly weren't disappointed. The room was excellent with plenty of space, bathroom and facilities also very nice. The coffee maker was a nice touch. The only issue we had was my wife is a (chamomile)Tea drinker and after the first day the Tea wasn't replaced .Every morning I had to chase up the room staff to obtain some. But a mere minor issue apart from that we had a great stay with the monorail minutes away ,an easy walk on the boardwalk to the mainland ,and a fun place to be. I also agree with other comments ,the fragrance of the Jasmine was wonderful when you returned from a long day out. Thanks to the Desk staff for organising pick up's for outings to the Ocean Park and Zoo. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DaveDPerthAustralia
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, from the scent in our lobby to the size and quality of our guestrooms. I also wanted to acknowledge your comment regarding the replenishment of the Tea sachets and I will reinforce this with our housekeeping team.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just returned back from a 3D2N stay today and I must said this will be the last time I am staying here. First time checking out of a hotel even before the official check out time. The hotel is definitely not suitable for anyone with young toddlers who needs to nap and also for light sleepers. Not even sure if there are any soundproofing in the room.

Got a better rate from a 3rd party site and I am not sure if that's the reason for the room I am first given to. Given a room on the 3rd level along the stretch from the lift to the restaurant and within an hour, we heard 4 delivery trolleys passed by. Taking in consideration that the passageways are not carpeted, therefore one can imagine the noise created by the trolleys. My young toddler woke up crying many times due to it. The sink are choke and I wonder how will it pass the housekeeping inspection if the room is clean before our arrival. Thick layer of dust can be seen on the top of the bedboard and I really wonder when is the last time the room been cleaned. Pubic hair can be found on the unused bath towel.

Kudos to their service recovery when we requested for a room change eventhough it is not without having to explain in details before they are willing to do so. Moved to the highest level and we thought everything should be fine but no. Housekeeping staff talking loudly along the corridor and best of all they actually wash the pool in the middle of the night and woke all of us up with a crying baby trying to sleep.

The staff are not interested to let us feel welcome at all. Staff bowed and greeted western guest and totally ignored us when we are just 5 steps away from seeing all these. What a way to make me feel totally unwelcome.

After my stay in Capella, I thought that Movenpick will give me the same tranquility since it is also a heritage hotel but oh boy how wrong am I. I am not expecting the service to be top notch like Capella since it is only a fraction of the cost but at least it should let me feel relax. Instead, husband and I are both tired from this short stay since we did not have good night sleep.

Since there are so many good reviews on the Heritage Preimer room, therefore it must be because we are staying in the basic Deluxe room. Therefore, I will only recommend this hotel if location is very important.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I was deeply shocked to receive your feedback on the level of cleanliness and service shortfall from our colleagues in housekeeping. I would love to discuss this with you in person and to that end I can be contacted via my mobile at: +65 90235791 or via e-mail at: philip.jones@moevenpick.com.

I hope to hear from you.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Excellent service from front desk to bell boy to housekeeping. Aesthetically pleasing decor, very well done! As you enter the hotel lobby, there is an ionic freshness of jasmine flower all over. The lobby temperature is well maintained. As we entered the lobby, we were welcomed with fresh fruit juices. The general manager, Mr. Philip was very pleasant and kind to our needs. It is close to the "Sentosa Express". It is very close to Waterfront station (heart of Sentosa) and 7-11 (24 hours operated) at the Express station. Good location.
OH I FORGOT TO MENTION, THEY HAVE THE BEST CHOCOLATE MUFFIN IN THE WORLD. THE BREAKFAST WAS SUMPTUOUS.

Room Tip: Sea-view rooms are spoiled over a parking lot
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the juices we provide our guests on arrival and departure, our unique hotel frangrance, to the fabulous location of our hotel and the warm welcome you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay