“HIGH CLASS FIVE STAR HOTEL WITH COMPETITIVE RATES.”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Excellent service from front desk to bell boy to housekeeping. Aesthetically pleasing decor, very well done! As you enter the hotel lobby, there is an ionic freshness of jasmine flower all over. The lobby temperature is well maintained. As we entered the lobby, we were welcomed with fresh fruit juices. The general manager, Mr. Philip was very pleasant and kind to our needs. It is close to the "Sentosa Express". It is very close to Waterfront station (heart of Sentosa) and 7-11 (24 hours operated) at the Express station. Good location.
OH I FORGOT TO MENTION, THEY HAVE THE BEST CHOCOLATE MUFFIN IN THE WORLD. THE BREAKFAST WAS SUMPTUOUS.

Room Tip: Sea-view rooms are spoiled over a parking lot
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the juices we provide our guests on arrival and departure, our unique hotel frangrance, to the fabulous location of our hotel and the warm welcome you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay

I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Philip Jones

Write a ReviewReviews (1,481)

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Moevenpick scores full marks for design; everything about this hotel is so sleek, right down to the uniforms of the staff. This hotel can certainly pride itself on its aesthetics. We stayed in a Heritage Premier room; it looks bigger in photos than it actually was.

Welcome fruit platter was a nice touch, as was the selection of TWG tea sachets. For a 5-star hotel, however, there left several things to be desired: Toilet shower door was jammed and couldn't be fixed even after calling the reception. Also, we stayed during the ZoukOut beach party weekend, and the hotel staff seemed to be really short-handed and overwhelmed. It was difficult to get through to reception, we had to request twice before additional towels were given to us. The front-desk officer on duty couldn't seem to be bothered when we'd asked for a complimentary cake for a friend's birthday and were waiting for about 20 minutes without any response before we finally decided to take matters into our own hands and seek out the on-site restaurant on our own.

However, credit must be given where it's due: Special mention goes to Bryant from the restaurant for attending to our request promptly; it took him just 5 minutes to get us the complimentary cake and he did all this with a smile.

Overall, great ambience, great design, but I definitely expected more out of a 5-star hotel given the price I'd paid ($450 for one night definitely doesn't come cheap!). Specifically, the service standards and a well-functioning room (ie no jammed toilet doors that wouldn't close properly!) Staff were polite, but lacked the initiative and the genuine hospitality for that "wow"factor. Therefore I felt that I didn't get much value out of the price I'd paid. I'd stayed in another 5-star establishment in Kuala Lumpur the weekend before and had a superb experience, setting the benchmark for my stay at Moevenpick which unfortunately fell short.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations or our own service standards in relation to the jammed bathroom door, to our housekeeping services and the lack of service from our Front Office colleagues. Please know, that while neither of these issues are indicative of the level of service we typically provide, we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the positive elements of your stay; from the design of the hotel, the size of the Heritage Premium Room and to the service you received from Bryant our Service Agent.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I would like to convey my warm thanks and appreciation to the staff, team and management during my stay 13-15 January 2014. This was partially for business and partially for personal reasons. The new management certainly seems to taking charge of the hotel and knowing where Mr. Jones has been in past, it will surely get better and better.

My wife and I stayed in a Heritage Premium room overlooking the Merlion. Actually this room type is almost like a mini suite, well appointed, clean and a great bed. Breakfast was very good and plenty of choices. We also ate in the evening and the food was good, with the promise of much more selection on the way.

Location on the island is very good and within 2 mins walk to the Express, and no more than 5 minutes walk to the beaches. Great value, great food and great service. Well done and thanks once again. We will be back.

Ps. If you like whisky, they have one of the widest selections available. Amazing!!!

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Martin C
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Mr. Cook,

Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the quality of our beds. I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner offerings.

I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and Mrs.Cook back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

First the great stuff
Had the Premium Onsan and the room has a great outdoor private jacuzzi. We soak ourselves way into the night
Minibar and breakfast was also included.
Room as clean as you come to expect a 5 star hotel.
Reception staff was very helpful.

The not so good stuff
Car park is limited and may have to park at the public lots about 5 mins uphill walk. Thank goodness the hotel provides the free carpark coupon.
Tried to take a nap in the afternoon but somewhere near our room, some maintenance must be going on as we can hear the occasional drilling.
Odd mechanical sound in the night. Thank goodness we were so tired, we eventually slept anyway. ... Well until 8 when the sound woke us up
Finally, for a hotel with the famous ice cream name, we were disappointed when told that the free ice cream was limited to vanilla and strawberry - despite having a menu that says that there more choices. Disney hotels make sure you remember where you are staying with all themes, sound and visual about Disney. This hotel only "connection" to Movenpick seems to be that one cup of icecream.

Hopefully those mechanical noise will disappear else the W Hotel (stayed there last year) will still be my first choice

The

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am grateful to receive your comments on the areas where we can improve. I was disturbed to hear of the noises that prevented you from having a thoroughly relaxing stay and as I know we are not carrying out any works, I will investigate to see if any of the neighboring facilities are doing such. I was also disappointed to learn that you were only offered a choice of two flavors of ice-cream, this should not be the case and I will address this matter to ensure all future guests receive the same full choice we reflect on our menu.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the positive elements of your stay; from the quality and cleanliness of our Onsen Rooms, to the helpful service you received from the front office staff.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I'm writing this review in my room now. I must say our stay is awesome and I am very glad to be here. I had initial fear with the previous reviews I read. However I must say experience is better than any review.
Upon check in, we were served with a glass
of orange or Apple juice. I believe all hotel guests like us will be given yummy Movenpick ice cream coupon as well. This was a pleasant welcome :)
I stayed in Merlion premium room, it was a great room with en suite bathroom and fantastic Merlion view.
The location is super good! Just next to the monorail n less than 5 mins walk to RWS.
I don't even have to drive out to find food.
The room is very clean n I think the housekeeper comes in twice a day.
Last n most importantly, their service is EXCELLENT! I celebrated my bf's birthday and Movenpick gave the best personal touch. I must specially thank Philip for this kind and wonderful personalized service.

Thank you movenpick. We will definitely recommend to our friends who are look for staycation in Sentosa island.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Elyn & Jermaine,

I am delighted that you are enjoying your time at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the juices we provide our guests on arrival and departure, to the fabulous location of our hotel. I am glad that these elements and more, helped make this celebration weekend so special for you both.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had a nice time in this hotel.Stayed with some friends for a few days and it was great!
Very nice rooms, nicely decorated, comfortable bed and excellent view.The hotel looks great although a collonial building.
Loved the breakfast, light&rich at the same time.My friends said it was the best choice because of the location and the view.Good internet connection too:)
You get to be close to the main attractions and have easy acces to the airport and other districts.
Overall: it was beautiful place to stay, with very friendly staff who were very carefull to details.It is worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay from the design and comfort of our rooms, to convenient location of the hotel, as well as the quality of our breakfast and the friendliness of my colleagues who served you.

We appreciate you recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Rooms are good. Automated curtains and blinds! Bathroom design is great with lots of space for 2 or 3 ppl to move around and do stuff. 2 TVs! It is close to a lot of eateries which is great.

Overall it is great place for ppl who wants to go out and do stuff at the beach or roam the island.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the quality of our rooms, which feature pamper pads and electronically controlled curtains, as well as the convenient location next to Universal Studios.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.