“Almost perfect” 4 of 5 bubbles

Singapore, Singapore
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

First the great stuff
Had the Premium Onsan and the room has a great outdoor private jacuzzi. We soak ourselves way into the night
Minibar and breakfast was also included.
Room as clean as you come to expect a 5 star hotel.
Reception staff was very helpful.

The not so good stuff
Car park is limited and may have to park at the public lots about 5 mins uphill walk. Thank goodness the hotel provides the free carpark coupon.
Tried to take a nap in the afternoon but somewhere near our room, some maintenance must be going on as we can hear the occasional drilling.
Odd mechanical sound in the night. Thank goodness we were so tired, we eventually slept anyway. ... Well until 8 when the sound woke us up
Finally, for a hotel with the famous ice cream name, we were disappointed when told that the free ice cream was limited to vanilla and strawberry - despite having a menu that says that there more choices. Disney hotels make sure you remember where you are staying with all themes, sound and visual about Disney. This hotel only "connection" to Movenpick seems to be that one cup of icecream.

Hopefully those mechanical noise will disappear else the W Hotel (stayed there last year) will still be my first choice

The

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am grateful to receive your comments on the areas where we can improve. I was disturbed to hear of the noises that prevented you from having a thoroughly relaxing stay and as I know we are not carrying out any works, I will investigate to see if any of the neighboring facilities are doing such. I was also disappointed to learn that you were only offered a choice of two flavors of ice-cream, this should not be the case and I will address this matter to ensure all future guests receive the same full choice we reflect on our menu.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the positive elements of your stay; from the quality and cleanliness of our Onsen Rooms, to the helpful service you received from the front office staff.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Philip Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I'm writing this review in my room now. I must say our stay is awesome and I am very glad to be here. I had initial fear with the previous reviews I read. However I must say experience is better than any review.
Upon check in, we were served with a glass
of orange or Apple juice. I believe all hotel guests like us will be given yummy Movenpick ice cream coupon as well. This was a pleasant welcome :)
I stayed in Merlion premium room, it was a great room with en suite bathroom and fantastic Merlion view.
The location is super good! Just next to the monorail n less than 5 mins walk to RWS.
I don't even have to drive out to find food.
The room is very clean n I think the housekeeper comes in twice a day.
Last n most importantly, their service is EXCELLENT! I celebrated my bf's birthday and Movenpick gave the best personal touch. I must specially thank Philip for this kind and wonderful personalized service.

Thank you movenpick. We will definitely recommend to our friends who are look for staycation in Sentosa island.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Elyn & Jermaine,

I am delighted that you are enjoying your time at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the juices we provide our guests on arrival and departure, to the fabulous location of our hotel. I am glad that these elements and more, helped make this celebration weekend so special for you both.

I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had a nice time in this hotel.Stayed with some friends for a few days and it was great!
Very nice rooms, nicely decorated, comfortable bed and excellent view.The hotel looks great although a collonial building.
Loved the breakfast, light&rich at the same time.My friends said it was the best choice because of the location and the view.Good internet connection too:)
You get to be close to the main attractions and have easy acces to the airport and other districts.
Overall: it was beautiful place to stay, with very friendly staff who were very carefull to details.It is worth the money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay from the design and comfort of our rooms, to convenient location of the hotel, as well as the quality of our breakfast and the friendliness of my colleagues who served you.

We appreciate you recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Rooms are good. Automated curtains and blinds! Bathroom design is great with lots of space for 2 or 3 ppl to move around and do stuff. 2 TVs! It is close to a lot of eateries which is great.

Overall it is great place for ppl who wants to go out and do stuff at the beach or roam the island.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the quality of our rooms, which feature pamper pads and electronically controlled curtains, as well as the convenient location next to Universal Studios.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed in this hotel in Oct 13 to facilitate a day of staycation on Sentosa.

We arrived early on the day, but unfortunately the check in was only allowed after 2pm, so we had to linger at S.E.A aquarium first. Luckily, we drove their, so we could leave our luggage in the car. Also, parking was complimentary.

Room: Very well-maintained and done up for a rating like theirs. The bed was comfortable and air conditioning very good. There was a nespresso machine with complimentary capsules. The toilet was spacious and clean. We had a view of the sea, which was far away, but unblocked.

Staff: Staff was very friendly. My friend ordered room service and it was prompt.

Location: It is very near Resorts World Sentosa and the beach, so this is an ideal place to stay after a day of fun.

Value for Money: Very, if you are able to part with the money. I mean, it's expensive to stay at this place, yes, but you also get what you paid for! :)

Overview: The ambience was good and place very well maintained, especially as this place was retrofitted from an old colonial compound which the previous estate owners failed to revive adequately. In other words, it looked charmingly nostalgic outside, but very comfortable and contemporary on the inside. A very good place for the anniversary or something.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, particularly the historic feel of our Heritage wing, as well as the updated and more contemporary design of our guest rooms. I also want to acknowledge your positive comments regarding the other facilities in the room and of course the friendly service you received from my colleagues.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Too expensive and the standards are way too low for a 5 star hotel, 3 star equivalent. Small room, dark corridor and the house keeping trolley is always along the corridor. Breakfast was disappointing. The place where the breakfast was served looked more like a ballroom turned into restaurant.

Only good thing was. the property is walking distance to many main attractions. Will I stay here again? NO!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations with regard to the size of our rooms, or the ambiance in our restaurant. Please know that our entry level Deluxe Rooms are of a similar size to other five star hotels at 32sqm, that said and if you require more space our Premium Heritage rooms go all the way up to 50sqm.

I am also grateful to receive your comment regarding the convenient location of our hotel; beside the monorail and Universal Studios. Our location is truly a wonderful asset, which all guests appreciate.

Tianjin, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I met some friends on Sentosa and we had our 3 kids with us. Our friends suggested this hotel and, while I would recommend it if you are a couple, I would not recommend it for anyone with more than 0 kids. Initially we had reserved a standard room but when we got there they suggested their "suite" because it would have more room for the 5 of us (of course this was almost 100 USD more per night). The first night, our youngest (18 months) slept on a bunch of towels and rugs on the floor because there were no cribs available. One of us stayed on the "sleeper sofa" (a small sofa that did not fold out with a sheet on it) and the other of us stayed in the bed with the other 2 kids. Sardines we were. I would hate to see what the initial room we booked was like!

Other than that, the room was nice and clean, the location was EXCELLENT (just across from the monorail and the merlion, and just a short walk from lots of attractions), and the breakfast was delish.

Pool was outside and a bit on the chilly side, but the kids enjoyed it anyway. Front desk staff was very polite and helpful with arranging for transportation and giving advice. They also had many brochures on attractions on the island and in Singapore.

I would recommend it, but only if you are not with small kids

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TheFamFive
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations with regard to the size of our rooms. It disturbed me greatly to know that we did not have a crib available for your child on the first night and I am professionally embarrassed that we were unable to provide a better solution, other than the one offered. That said, I was surprised that you booked just one room for a family of five persons. Typically most families that stay at our property book a connecting set of rooms which feature a king bedded room, connecting to a room with two double beds. We have over forty per cent of our inventory which can accommodate connecting sets, making our hotel quite well suited for larger families.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the positive elements of your stay; from the cleanliness of our rooms, the quality of our breakfast, the helpful service you received from the front office staff and the convenient location of our hotel; located right beside the monorail and Universal Studios.