“A 3 or 4 Stars Hotel.. this is not a 5 Stars Hotel !!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A 3 or 4 Stars Hotel.. this is not a 5 Stars Hotel !!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hi
I spent a week with my family (4 Kids) we booked 2 connected rooms;
The staff were good and trying to help as much as they can ..
but the room are much below an average of 4 or even 3 Stars Hotel;
if they spend some good money to upgrade the rooms things could be different
the location is quite good but the price we paid is very high,
the rooms are too small and bad designs, the bathroom can hardly fit a kid ...
the food was below average

simply This not a 5 Star Hotel !! it is 4 Stars hotel with a price tag of 5 Stars hotel

Room Tip: You may try the old Wing but do not try to get into the New Wing
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had a semi-business stay here for 4 nights and was initially quite excited about staying here. But the experience turned out to be less than exciting.

LOCATION - A nice strategic spot in Sentosa where you can see the Merlion (which looks a little creepy at night!) and I would think easy access to most spots in the island.

ROOM - it was their standard room we got, and it was rather nice and well equipped with a coffee machine too. Nice and clean, good sized, and nothing much to complain about just based on room itself.

SERVICE - This is where the hotel fails terribly - and I hope its not because they can see that I'm a local.

First up - breakfast. I had to leave the hotel everyday at 6:30am and to my dismay found that the buffet breakfast only opens at 7am. So I asked the front desk I can have packed breakfast delivered to my room by 5:30am). I was blatantly rejected and informed that they dont provide such a service and the only way I can get some food at 5:30am was to order room service at extra cost, even though my room rate includes breakfast. On the 2nd day, I found out from my colleague staying in another room that they packed breakfast for her. And so I went back to the front desk at night to ask about it, and was told that it cannot be done..............until I told them that another room received it with no problems. They took a while to discuss amongst themselves - possibly to decide if they have to accede to this what seems like a very un-usual request - before coming back to me reluctantly to say they'll do it. The packed breakfast came half an hour late than my stipulated time in the end too.

The next night, I went to reconfirm that the same will be done for the next morning, and to my surprise, I was told that it was a 'difficult request' - although they understood that the same arrangements have been made.

On my last morning, I was able to leave a little later and I tried to go into the breakfast restaurant to try my luck - and it was indeed just opening with a few items laid out already. I walked in and a Chinese national staff rudely told me the place is only opened at 7am, to which I said we're just running in to eat some bites and will be okay with whatever items are already laid out. The staff said he'll check but he took too long a time and I was rushing so I sat myself down and started grabbing some bites. When the staff finally came out, he walked past me and without even making eye contact with me, said very rudely "I have asked my colleague to come and talk to you". The colleague didnt turn up in the end.

But what made me upset was the fact that 2 non-Asian gentleman walked in 10mins after us and the staff didnt not say a single word - another staff even promptly walked over to show them the food items.

The room is not cheap by usual standards and for me to have to endure this ridiculous service is just maddening. Having packed breakfast is NOT a difficult request and being discriminated blatantly like the above is not acceptable. If the hotel cannot treat local guests with the same respect as others, then they might as well say outright that no locals will be entertained.

In summary, it's actually quite a beautiful property and very 'resort' but the service pulls everything down 100 notches. A pity. I hope visitors to Singapore / Sentosa Island will have better luck than me!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hburn10
Great Western, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

So much to say! Brilliant location-quiet and across the road from the train station. Friendly and helpful staff-very welcoming! Beautiful quiet rooms. Great pool. Amazing food at the restaurant-huge buffet breakfast!! Great selection of alcoholic drinks at the WOW whisky bar. Just a beautiful place which we wish we didn't have to leave! So glad we stayed here for our honeymoon :)

Room Tip: Heritage suite was great! Plenty of room for a couple
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The very first negative experience after check-in...unable to open the room door! We struggled for a good 10mins before giving up and calling for help. We contacted the service counter via phone and to my dismay, was asked to go back to the check-in counter to exchange the room card key. I left my family with luggages along the corridor and proceed back to lobby. We've travelled far and wide and yet to experienced such service!! And to call this my own turf.... So sad....maybe because I'm local and that's why such treatment? I cancelled my breakfast immediately....

Second negative experience....Room was pathetic. Window curtain light spoilt, bed head light spoilt...local cable channel fuzzy....
The worst? Room is not soundproof!!! Confirmed cas we can heard every single word from the family who Skype from the adjacent room at 2330hrs.

That's it....movevenpick.....we will move on and won't ever pick you....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fei555
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Everything has been pleasant from the start. With the professional assistance from the reservations dept to the reception/service desk even to the butler and service staffs. We booked the premium onsen room which is equipped with a Japanese style concept jacuzzi and also a steam bath room. The hotel even assisted me with some anniversary decor and give us a complimentary cake. The bath robe used is a nice yukata robe. And the bathing items are of high grade. Products from st clement london. Everything from the minibar is free too.

Though the room is abit pricey for a one night stay. But the service, ambience and the privacy u get is worth the price.

The location of the hotel is marvelous as it's located within reaches of USS and the beaches. Not forgetting the iconic Merlion tower

One thing to note: the sound proofing of the room is not too good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

didn't have a great experience in Egypt with Moevenpic but hoped for better things!
Our room was average and the view AWFUL-just parked bus's lorries and trucks in some sort of large car park and way beyond a little glimpse of water.
The staff were nice but I disliked being patronised by the OTT American lady in The Whisky bar- gushing and empty and didn't even tell us what we could have and then overcharged us for our wine. The breakfast was way too costly, especially as we didn't find toast cereal fruit until we were leaving the restaurant, we happened to see children going to the other end of the restaurant and come back with all this stuff- full of loud kids overeating and leaving loads, no just didn't like this place at all and could never recommend Sentosa-stick to Singapore its always reliable

Room Tip: don't expect a view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank magsrich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here for a night for a staycation for a birthday celebration. Fuss free check-in. Top notch service!

- First impression: Wow wow wow. Spacious, well-equipped and clean.
- Hotel was very sweet to give us a basket of fruits and a cake knowing that the stay was for a birthday celebration.
- Huge bed. There is a pillow menu for you to choose your ideal pillow. Perfect for fussy sleepers like us.
- Spacious bathroom. Love the bathtub! And I love that the shower and toilet area is separated with door.
- Request for pillows and iron were very quickly attended to and delivered by the ever smiling staff.
- Breakfast was nothing special. Not fantastic nor lousy. Nothing to complain.

I will definitely recommend Moevenpick Heritage Hotel to everyone! It is definitely worth your money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SvenssonR, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear beckscxl,

Thank you for your review. It is a great honour to hear from you that our services and facilities made your stay a wonderful one. We look forward to welcoming you back here again!

Best Regards,